Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-16, 05:21 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The next-generation Civic hatchback made its global debut in prototype form at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. The design of the prototype heralds a significant step-change from previous versions of Honda’s core European model, focusing on provocative design and rewarding driving dynamics.

Unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show, here's the all-new Honda Civic Hatchback Prototype. Its assertive stance and provocative new design establishes 10th generation as the sportiest Civic ever. Available with Honda’s all-new 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre VTEC TURBO petrol engines, with further improvements made to existing 1.6-litre i-DTEC engine

The new Civic hatchback will be available in Europe early in 2017 and will be built at Honda of the UK Manufacturing (HUM).
Old 03-06-16, 07:24 PM
nicedude
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Acura's have always had much nicer interiors then Honda's with the exception of maybe one or two instances like Integra/Prelude and maybe the current MDX/new Pilot. With the comparison between Toyota and Lexus the difference is just much larger because in most cases Honda interiors are nicer then Toyota interiors in design/materials from my experience so the difference between a Honda and Acura interior is not as great as a Toyota and Lexus interior.
I think we can all agree that Lexus interior > Acura interior. So of course the difference between Lexus and Toyota is bigger than Acura and Honda. I'm just stating that Honda is crazy enough to give the new Civic a better interior than its former ILX clone and etc. Toyota knows better than that. But the top trim Toyota interiors are near Lexus ES status and sometimes trumps the Honda's top trim interiors.
Old 03-07-16, 06:17 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nicedude
I think we can all agree that Lexus interior > Acura interior. So of course the difference between Lexus and Toyota is bigger than Acura and Honda. I'm just stating that Honda is crazy enough to give the new Civic a better interior than its former ILX clone and etc. Toyota knows better than that. But the top trim Toyota interiors are near Lexus ES status and sometimes trumps the Honda's top trim interiors.
I have sat in the new Civic but not the ILX (at least not recently) so I cannot compare the two. But I have to say that I was not impressed with the Civic's interior, especially after the number of people in this thread who have said that it is a nice interior. It is full of hard, shiny plastics, even higher-up on the dashboard; the interior of my wife's Accord is much better.

Only the Avalon's interior could be considered to be near ES levels. The others, even the refreshed Camry, have some ways to go in giving the perception of a high-quality interior.
Old 03-07-16, 05:24 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I haven't seen the new civic interior but if you think it's bad, check out the corolla.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 03-08-16 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-07-16, 06:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu
Only the Avalon's interior could be considered to be near ES levels. The others, even the refreshed Camry, have some ways to go in giving the perception of a high-quality interior.
The Avalon's interior LOOKS plush, I'll admit.....until you actually sit in it and do things like grab the paper-thin glovebox door and its weak latch, or try and operate some of the ***** and controls. Then you see, under the surface, how flimsy some of the interior parts actually are.
Old 03-07-16, 06:55 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I like that lime-green color. I hope they actually put it into production. Too many vehicles today are painted like hearses.
Old 03-08-16, 05:44 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I haven't seen the new civic interior but if tpyou think it's bad, check out the corolla.
Originally Posted by Sulu
Only the Avalon's interior could be considered to be near ES levels. The others, even the refreshed Camry and the Corolla, have some ways to go in giving the perception of a high-quality interior.
I corrected it for you.

My parents have a current generation Corolla. I am not particularly impressed... but I have to say that going back to an interior-colour dashboard cover -- instead of the black that Toyota now uses across the board to save money -- would help things a lot, in my opinion.
Old 03-14-16, 04:54 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

The Honda Civic is back and better than ever. Or is it? Join KBB’s Micah Muzio to find out.

For $27,000 as tested, this new Civic is just a really good car. It has lots of room, it has lots of features, and it has a newly found level of refinement at a totally reasonable price. It's built well and comfortable, and has lots of neat storage solutions. With a few key modifications, it could be a handling champion. But for the non-car enthusiast in your life, this is a car you can get behind.
Old 03-15-16, 05:21 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Patent Images Show Production Spec 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/03/pat...roduction.html
Although looking much more tamed than its show-only counterpart, it appears that the Civic Hatch will stay true to the original, sporting the same basic ingredients and lines. Sure, the big wheels are gone, and so are the side skirts and front and rear aprons, but both bumpers seem to keep the big (and possibly dummy) air vent format. Don’t expect high-glossy piano black exterior accents either, and you can wave the central-mounted mufflers goodbye - at least on the base models.

That said, don’t get your hopes down just yet, as the concept may still actually preview a sporty edition of the Civic 5-door hatch. Nevertheless, before we start drooling over a potential Si or Type S model, with a rumored de-tuned 2.0-Litre turbocharged engine taken out of the Type R, we should concentrate on the mainstream variant’s powertrain options.

Two new VTEC turbocharged gasoline engines, including a 1.0-litre and a 1.5-litre, will be available for Europe, while a 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre turbo should be reserved for the U.S. market.

Head-turning style, pulse-raising performance and a remarkably long list of comfort, convenience and connectivity features herald the launch of the all-new 2016 Civic Coupe. And a wide range of trim levels, color choices, customizable features and desirable accessories make it possible for every single Civic Coupe on the road to be unique to its owner.
Old 03-19-16, 02:01 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Finally putting a face to the name. Meet the Civic Hatchback prototype; its bold stance and sleek styling make it the sportiest Civic yet.
Old 04-01-16, 07:20 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

It's back to sanity with the all-new and improved Honda Civic Coupe.
Old 04-02-16, 09:14 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall

I like that lime-green color. I hope they actually put it into production. Too many vehicles today are painted like hearses.
They are, not exactly 100% matched to the color on the concept car, but it's very close.

Old 04-16-16, 11:38 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Honda's Civic is the first mainstream model to get a turbo under the hood and it's a fantastic combination. With similar fuel economy to the standard engine, the turbo model gets considerably better performance with similar fuel economy.
Old 04-16-16, 10:34 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Saw a new Civic in person today, a sedan. I must say it looks way bigger than the outgoing model, as in its about the same size as a 2004 Accord. I don't know if I'd go with a Civic or an Accord. The new Accord is pretty darn nice now days and is a bigger car for the same money if you can live without some of the optional things like a sunroof
Old 04-17-16, 06:29 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Saw a new Civic in person today, a sedan. I must say it looks way bigger than the outgoing model, as in its about the same size as a 2004 Accord. I don't know if I'd go with a Civic or an Accord. The new Accord is pretty darn nice now days and is a bigger car for the same money if you can live without some of the optional things like a sunroof
I agree. The Accord with new exterior styling enhancements looks pretty upscale.

Quick Reply: 2016 Honda Civic