Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New York Auto Show Dates 4/3 - 4/12, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-15, 05:47 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default New York Auto Show Dates 4/3 - 4/12, 2015

For those of you who are interested in, or planning to attend the New York Auto Show this year, here is the official show information and dates. The show will run April 3-12th.

http://www.autoshowny.com

http://www.autoshowny.com/show/

(Hopefully), the all-new 2016 Lincoln MKX will be out on the floor unlocked, so people can actually examine it....at the D.C. show, it was up, but unlocked, on a turntable, And, (hopefully) the new Mazda Miata and CX-3 will also be out on the floor, unlocked......they didn't show up in D.C. at all, having been at the Detroit show instead. And the Lexus GS-F (something that obviously interests a number of you) should also be there, having also skipped the D.C. show for Detroit.

Those of you who would like to test-drive a new Ford or Lincoln product, and maybe earn a few bucks in the process, be sure to ask at the Ford and Lincoln displays if they have the pre-paid gift-card offer at the show (they usually do each year at the D.C. show). A Ford or Lincoln rep takes down some quick info (name, address, E-Mail), sends you E-mail confirmation within a couple of days with a form to print out, then you take the form to any local Ford or Lincoln dealership (most Lincoln shops these days are co-located with Ford), pick any vehicle, and do your test-drive. Then, the salesperson signs/submits the form, and you get a $50 (or in some cases, with Lincoln, $75) pre-paid Mastercard back in the mail. Since Ford (and sometimes other manufacturers) do this each year at the D.C. show, I don't see why they wouldn't at New York.

(I plan to use my own test-drive on the new aluminum-bodied F-150 pickup, as general interest in this truck seems to be running high, and I've got a couple of CL-member requests for a full-review).

Anyhow, here you are......for those of you who are going, have fun, and enjoy the show.

MM

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-08-15 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-10-15, 07:06 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I would LOVE to attend this show, are there any possibility of sourcing some tickets to this show?
Old 03-10-15, 12:54 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RX469
I would LOVE to attend this show, are there any possibility of sourcing some tickets to this show?

See if this has what you need.

https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/b/73dcd2
Old 03-30-15, 06:44 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I'll bump this thread back up for anyone interested in the NY show this year. It starts on April 3, this Friday, though some will be in church that day for Good Friday services.
Old 03-30-15, 07:29 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Anybody know if the refreshed GS will be at the show?
I know GSF should be there but im interested in the regular GS350 update as well.

Will be taking lots of pics so stay tuned.....
Old 03-30-15, 09:48 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Judging by the amount of interest and nice comments that the Lincoln Continental Concept is getting here in the Car Chat thread, that car is going to be a real hit at the NY show. We'll wait and see if it gets Best-in-Show award, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 03-31-15, 01:15 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'll bump this thread back up for anyone interested in the NY show this year. It starts on April 3, this Friday, though some will be in church that day for Good Friday services.
I went to the NYIAS a few years ago on Easter, thinking attendance would be down on a holiday--I was wrong...

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Judging by the amount of interest and nice comments that the Lincoln Continental Concept is getting here in the Car Chat thread, that car is going to be a real hit at the NY show. We'll wait and see if it gets Best-in-Show award, but I wouldn't be surprised.
I'm looking forward to seeing non-fuzzy pix of the new Cadillac CT6.
Old 03-31-15, 02:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tex2670
I went to the NYIAS a few years ago on Easter, thinking attendance would be down on a holiday--I was wrong...
Many Catholics and other Christians, though do things on Easter Sunday that they probably would not do on Good Friday, a very somber and solemn day.

I'm looking forward to seeing non-fuzzy pix of the new Cadillac CT6.
Yes....especially now that Lincoln seems to be challenging it with the new Continental.