Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Michelin Presents Wallpaper Wednesday: GS F Almost Ready for Prime Time

Old 10-01-14, 08:09 PM
John Coyle
CL Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Michelin Presents Wallpaper Wednesday: GS F Almost Ready for Prime Time

The last few years have made one thing clear--Lexus is tired of playing second fiddle to the Germany in the performance department. The RC F has already garnered plenty of positive reviews and the GS F is the next salvo in the war. And it's almost done!

Full-size version here.

presented by [Michelin]

"Bringing multiple performances together with innovative technologies to deliver the total performance all drivers need -- that's Michelin® Total Performance™. Michelin is dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. The company also publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America (www.michelinman.com) employs more than 22,200 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in 16 locations."
Old 10-01-14, 11:42 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

The front end styling of the current GS is very tame. Some large, lower side openings will easily fix that. How to jazz up the rear though will be much more of a challege. Taillight styling anchores the rear of all cars. On the GS, they are shaped for luxury, elegance, and flow- not sport or power. Will be interesting to see how they address this.
Old 10-02-14, 06:53 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its already been posted

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...d-pg-20-a.html
Old 10-02-14, 07:53 AM
2k4CamkilA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is the real "THE FAPPENING"
Old 10-02-14, 09:22 AM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2k4CamkilA
this is the real "THE FAPPENING"
I couldn't agree more!!! Only one thing I'm not sure of. I like what they did to the front end here but, assuming the GS-F gets here at the same time they do a minor update to the entire GS lineup, and also assuming the GS-F is the most radical of the 3 variations of GS, I'm afraid they didn't go quite as radical as I had hoped. I guess we'll have to wait for the next gen to get "real crazy".
Old 10-02-14, 12:16 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

But shouldnt the GSF happen on the next GS and not this one? Lets say it does bow in this generation, it will only have 3 years of production before the next replacement platform arrives. Not enough face time imo or im i missing something regarding the timeline?
Old 10-02-14, 01:03 PM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
But shouldnt the GSF happen on the next GS and not this one? Lets say it does bow in this generation, it will only have 3 years of production before the next replacement platform arrives. Not enough face time imo or im i missing something regarding the timeline?
GS-F is going to be out no later than next summer as a 2016 Model. I think this or 2017 will be when they will do a mid cycle refresh also, and probably 2020-2021 for a completely new model. So I'm assuming this mid cycle refreshed GS will have this updated front end with the "RC style " wider spindle grill.
Old 10-02-14, 02:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I am so looking forward to this thing hitting the road. I just had a GS F sport as a loaner at my dealership and its HUGE compared to my ISF. Might be the ultimate family car. Fast, sexy, roomy......oh yeah and they dont brake down.....lol
Old 10-02-14, 06:57 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
No, Lexus should have had it out at the beginning of this one, not half way into it's life. But no use crying over spilled washer fluid. At one time it was common for a company to add the "hot" model at the facelift, but not so anymore. BMW, Audi, and Mercedes are all now offering their sooped up offerings at model launch or one year after.
Old 10-05-14, 10:17 AM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
No, Lexus should have had it out at the beginning of this one, not half way into it's life. But no use crying over spilled washer fluid. At one time it was common for a company to add the "hot" model at the facelift, but not so anymore. BMW, Audi, and Mercedes are all now offering their sooped up offerings at model launch or one year after.
True! IMO, i think it will be hard to market the car because most of the GS "buzz" has died down a year ago. Early 2014 should've been the launch of the GSF to keep the flow of excitement going in the Lexus camp, specifically the GS. Followed by the RC/F this year and NX/F next year then LS/F in 2016. Oh well. Nonetheless im sure hardcore enthusiast will grab the car up regardless so no worries.