Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Man orders $20M-worth of Rolls-Royce Phantoms

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-14, 10:46 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Man orders $20M-worth of Rolls-Royce Phantoms

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/rolls...photo-2949116/

LUXURY ENTREPRENEUR STEPHEN HUNG ORDERS LARGEST EVER FLEET OF ROLLS-ROYCE PHANTOMS FOR LOUIS XIII HOTEL IN MACAU

Luxury entrepreneur Stephen Hung has purchased the largest Rolls-Royce Phantom fleet in the world, placing an order for 30 Bespoke Extended Wheelbase Phantoms for his Louis XIII hotel in Macau. This transaction represents the world's single largest order of Rolls-Royces ever. Two of the fleet will be the most expensive Rolls-Royce Phantoms ever commissioned.

The deal was formalised on 16th September 2014 at a signing ceremony at the Home of Rolls‑Royce at Goodwood in West Sussex, England. The signing ceremony was attended by Rolls-Royce CEO, Torsten Mueller-Oetvoes, Louis XIII Chairman, Stephen Hung, the Board of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Louis XIII executives and a representative from Graff Diamonds.

"Macau is rapidly evolving into the luxury capital of the world and we are honoured to have the opportunity to add to Macau's many distinctions, the world's largest fleet of Rolls-Royce Phantoms, including the two most luxurious vehicles Rolls-Royce has ever built. Louis XIII and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars share the same philosophy: to deliver the perfect experience to the world's most discerning customers," said Louis XIII Chairman, Stephen Hung.

"We at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars are delighted and honoured that Mr Hung has commissioned Rolls-Royce to provide the largest single order of Phantoms in history. The Louis XIII fleet of Phantoms promises to be one of most impressive sights ever seen in Macau when they arrive at the Louis XIII hotel in 2016. Mr Hung's commission reaffirms Phantom's pinnacle position as the motor car of choice for those seeking to experience the finest luxury the world has to offer," commented Torsten Mueller-Oetvoes, Chief Executive Officer of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.

Each of the 30 Rolls-Royces has been extensively customised by Rolls-Royce's Bespoke design team at Goodwood working hand-in-hand with Mr Hung and Louis XIII to create truly distinctive vehicles. Newly created bespoke elements have been applied extensively both to the interior and exterior of the cars including bespoke clocks designed and created by Graff Luxury Watches. The two most expensive Phantoms will additionally feature external and internal gold-plated accents.

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has also helped to design the parking and driveways to house the fleet at Louis XIII and will train Louis XIII's chauffeurs from Macau in the appropriate driving and handling of the unique vehicles.

The Phantom fleet will chauffeur the guests of Louis XIII, located on the Cotai Strip in Macau, when it is opened in the first half of 2016.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/19/m...oyce-phantoms/
Old 09-20-14, 07:24 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Nothing like flaunting your wealth.
Old 09-20-14, 12:34 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohh my, the guy also has a distinctive taste for his clothing >_>

But props to him to order this much RR all at once, but why not buy different brands to

spice up the mix? Like Bentleys etc.?
Old 09-20-14, 01:48 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Rolls just saved this years bacon!

Also those are three happy white men
Old 09-21-14, 12:01 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He probably bought RR for hotel taxi.
Old 09-21-14, 12:04 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I wish I had that kind of money. That's pretty cool.
Old 09-21-14, 12:22 AM
xioix
Racer

I guess many people didn't read the article, as it mentions they were going to be used for the hotel customers
Old 09-21-14, 12:35 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xioix
I guess many people didn't read the article, as it mentions they were going to be used for the hotel customers
I didn't, but I figured out he would. I know most high end hotels in the East would use anything better than S-Class to transport their customers. They think S-Class is too mainstream and nothing special.
Old 09-21-14, 03:00 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

in my next life, I'm gonna be rich as @#%!@#
Old 09-21-14, 05:42 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
I didn't, but I figured out he would. I know most high end hotels in the East would use anything better than S-Class to transport their customers. They think S-Class is too mainstream and nothing special.
Exactly , they are a dime a dozen there, you would see at least half a dozen of them outside the airport terminal waiting to pick up travellers at any time ...
Old 09-21-14, 05:52 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Ohh my, the guy also has a distinctive taste for his clothing >_>

But props to him to order this much RR all at once, but why not buy different brands to

spice up the mix? Like Bentleys etc.?
The previous record for a single order of RR Phantoms is a fleet of 12 IIRC, by the Penninsula Hotel of HongKong, maybe this guy wants to break that record and hold on to it for a long time.
I Think Bentleys in HK do not have the same image as the ultimate chauffeur driven limousine.
Old 09-21-14, 03:46 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I Think Bentleys in HK do not have the same image as the ultimate chauffeur driven limousine.
A Bentley is a car you drive yourself. A Rolls Royce should always have a chauffeur. I think that's always been the consensus in upper crust English society, its vulgar if you drive your Rolls Royce yourself.

Of course the upper crust of society in different parts of the world have very different views of how to flaunt your wealth. In the conservative south where I live, the wealthy wouldn't be caught dead driving a Bentley or in the back seat of a Rolls. You'd be a total pariah in certain circles with those types of cars, flaunting your wealth is so "new money". I know it sounds kind of silly and its a bit hard to explain, but going out and buying a new Rolls or Ferrari, in certain old money circles would get you sneered at. I'm talking families that have had generations of wealth, they look down their noses at people who have just made their fortune and go buy a status symbol car that costs as much as a house.

Last edited by Aron9000; 09-21-14 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-21-14, 10:16 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
A Bentley is a car you drive yourself. A Rolls Royce should always have a chauffeur. I think that's always been the consensus in upper crust English society, its vulgar if you drive your Rolls Royce yourself..

My thoughts too.

There's a real estate agent named Christoph Choo in the beverly hills area, and he drives a phantom. It looks tacky, but I guess he does chauffer people around.
Old 09-21-14, 10:35 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

My client have RR Ghost which he drives himself, daily beater is S65. Wife drives Bentley convertible, with GL63 to pick up younger daughter. He also have a range rover for long distant trips, and just bought a ML550 for the older daughter for her freshman yr in college. He also owns another 15 cars in different countries, which include a special ordered Bentley Mulsanne.
Old 02-26-15, 11:36 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Rolls-Royce Presents One-Off Phantom Coupé Al-Adiyat

Rolls-Royce has unveiled the Al-Adiyat collection, which includes nine Wraiths and one Phantom Coupé, all sharing design details inspired by equestrian power.

In Arabic, “Al-Adiyat” is used to describe the noise made by a powerful horse when its hooves strike stone, sending sparks into the air. All models from the collection will be painted red with a white exterior pinstripe and a matching red and white two-tone interior.

The sole Phantom Coupé Al-Adiyat features motifs of reigns and horses throughout, while gold-plated horseshoe stamps are visible upon the clock and door sill plates. Other unique touches include stitched horse logos into the head rests and special designs on the dash.

The Al-Adiyat Phantom Coupe features the Phantom’s standard 6.75-liter V12 engine which produces 460hp and 720Nm (531lb-ft) of torque, allowing the big coupe to sprint from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 5.8 seconds and to reach an electronically-limited top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph).
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/rol...f-phantom.html

Quick Reply: Man orders $20M-worth of Rolls-Royce Phantoms