ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   NISSAN GT-R x NISMO Nurburgring lap time beats Lexus LFA (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/756499-nissan-gt-r-x-nismo-nurburgring-lap-time-beats-lexus-lfa.html)

Twizgs 09-11-14 11:31 AM

NISSAN GT-R x NISMO Nurburgring lap time beats Lexus LFA

Came across the new Nissan GT-R x NISMO thats due to come out soon i believe per NissanUSA and they are reporting a Nurburgring Lap time of 7:08:679 while The Lexus LFA is 7:14.64 :sad: not a big difference but when you compare the cost of the two vehicles which one would you prefer?

rominl 09-11-14 11:37 AM

lfa. again nothing will beat the gtr performance for its value at all, not even if you put ferrari or porsche against it. the gtr is that good when it comes to bang for the bucks

but engineering, exclusivity, styling, and the excitement? i choose lfa over gtr any day.

i personally can care less if some cars beat lfa time on the ring, as much as when the lfa achieved fastest lap time back then

Twizgs 09-11-14 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by rominl (Post 8708140)
lfa. again nothing will beat the gtr performance for its value at all, not even if you put ferrari or porsche against it. the gtr is that good when it comes to bang for the bucks

but engineering, exclusivity, styling, and the excitement? i choose lfa over gtr any day.

i personally can care less if some cars beat lfa time on the ring, as much as when the lfa achieved fastest lap time back then

Good Points! Hopefully I get to drive one of those vehicles soon. Closest thing to that I have driven was the Lexus ISF

GSteg 09-11-14 11:54 AM

I'll never drive on The Ring so I could care less about it. LFA for me.

dsadsauser 09-11-14 11:58 AM

Yeah, it beat the LFA 7:14 and Viper 7:12, both of which stated "OEM" on the tires. The Nismo, however, doesn't state OEM. Are those Dunlops not OEM? If that's the case, the Lex and Dodge (pretty much identical times) are tops in my book.

Gojirra99 09-11-14 11:58 AM

For the money, I'd still rather have one LFA rather than 3 or 4 GTR's in my garage :p

keyframe13 09-11-14 12:11 PM

I've yet to see a video where LFA won :)) Just this past weekend saw this

Hoovey689 09-11-14 01:08 PM

rominl said it best :thumbup:

LFA is not about straight line speed. It evokes passion and emotional where all others fall short. Plus with only 500 it's worth far more than what they were asking. GT-R's and the like are a time a dozen.

I8ABMR 09-11-14 01:16 PM

I totally understand what you guys are saying about the LFA......BUT on THE track that all companies use to guage the performance on one of the most demanding tracks on the face of the earth, the LFA lost, and by a big margin. I would still rather an LFA but it was beaten a the ring by Godzilla. I think they must sprinkle magic dust on the GTR in the factory or something. LOL

rominl 09-11-14 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Gojirra99 (Post 8708186)
For the money, I'd still rather have one LFA rather than 3 or 4 GTR's in my garage :p

hahhaa i love the way you put it, andrew!

Originally Posted by I8ABMR (Post 8708289)
I totally understand what you guys are saying about the LFA......BUT on THE track that all companies use to guage the performance on one of the most demanding tracks on the face of the earth, the LFA lost, and by a big margin. I would still rather an LFA but it was beaten a the ring by Godzilla. I think they must sprinkle magic dust on the GTR in the factory or something. LOL

sure, but in that regard i would also put on the lexus fan cap and say this. :) lfa ring car set the record some time last year? so it's been a year since. and as mentioned, it's still unsure if this car is using street tires or as it was in a previous test, on track tires. cars are made to be faster and faster. i wouldn't be surprised if lfa beats some great sports cars like porsche gt or enzo, but it doesn't make me want those cars any less :)

Hoovey689 09-11-14 01:39 PM

So if GT-R is Godzilla, LFA II must be Mothra

patgilm 09-11-14 07:03 PM

To me, one is an exotic the other is not. Sometimes it isn't all about being faster. The GTR beats a 458 but given the choice which would you take?

Hoovey689 09-11-14 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by patgilm (Post 8708762)
To me, one is an exotic the other is not. Sometimes it isn't all about being faster. The GTR beats a 458 but given the choice which would you take?

Agree with you, but just to play devils advocate, what do you think about the Viper and it's major price cut vs GT-R?

Notes in your and others decision:
- Undercuts the GT-R in price
- Performance monster
- Rare

patgilm 09-11-14 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 (Post 8708767)
Agree with you, but just to play devils advocate, what do you think about the Viper and it's major price cut?

Notes in your and others decision:
- Undercuts the GT-R in price
- Performance monster
- Rare

I can play that game too, 2014 GTR's have $10k of trunk money right now too!

For my purposes and in my life right now I pick the GTR. A two seater just won't work for me with two little ones since they enjoy the car as much as I do.

Now if I didn't have kids or they were older, I would probably pick the Viper TA, they look way better to me. They may not be quicker than the GTR but they are faster and I bet the TA 2.0 will be faster on the track than the Nismo. On a track the Viper will be better as it has been proven to take a beating without a hiccup.

Hoovey689 09-11-14 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by patgilm (Post 8708781)
I can play that game too, 2014 GTR's have $10k of trunk money right now too!

For my purposes and in my life right now I pick the GTR. A two seater just won't work for me with two little ones since they enjoy the car as much as I do.

Now if I didn't have kids or they were older, I would probably pick the Viper TA, they look way better to me. They may not be quicker than the GTR but they are faster and I bet the TA 2.0 will be faster on the track than the Nismo. On a track the Viper will be better as it has been proven to take a beating without a hiccup.

Good answer :thumbup: