Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What Does Your Car Color Say About You?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-15, 05:39 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by PlatinumV8
The platinum silver on my 2000 LS Platinum Edition is absolutely breathtaking. It has this hint of the green that is on American cash bills.
Lexus has had some nice silvers. Is that alpine silver or millennium silver? Looks like alpine silver. Thats the color our 98 LS was, only it had the darker lower cladding since it wasn't a platinum edition (no platinums in 98 or 99). That is a very nice silver.

My favorite Lexus silver is Liquid Platinum which my 2013 GS was, it has a cool liquid metallic look to it that is quite unique.
Old 08-06-15, 07:33 PM
Machine
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't think the red Tell's how I am. Think my red sc300 tells me more of I'm classy but don't pipe me with your blender sounding exhaust Honda cause I'll wreck you. Lol
Old 08-06-15, 07:36 PM
Machine
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fearnight
The evolution of car colors ...

My first car was Red, second car Red, third car Black, fourth car Yellow (still owned the black), fifth car Black (now own two black).
Lol once you go black.......You end up with two.
Old 08-06-15, 07:39 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I guess I'm a silver guy cause I had a '99 SC300 in Millenium Silver, an '03 SC430 in Millenium Silver (loved that color) and a '13 GS F Sport in Liquid Platinum (also an outstanding color). Now, an S5 in Florett Silver. There were a couple of grays and a black thrown in to break the monotony!
Attached Thumbnails What Does Your Car Color Say About You?-sc430.jpg   What Does Your Car Color Say About You?-gs350.jpg   What Does Your Car Color Say About You?-photo.jpg  

Last edited by dseag2; 08-06-15 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-07-15, 10:29 AM
natman
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default What Does Your Car Color Say About You?

It says I bought my car used so it's a color I find at least tolerable or even like if I got lucky. It would be more accurate to say it's a color I don't detest.

As it happens, my Lexus is gold (Burnished Gold Metallic) which is a color I like because it's good looking, doesn't get too hot in the sun and doesn't show dirt.
Old 08-07-15, 11:33 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Given the short choices of colors I don't think we can be labeled as we all can be colorblind if the price is right OR there is a slim choice to none left on the dealer lot.
But here I took a pick of the IS by a desert dinner with neon lights on it here in town. The color was absolutely stunning having just waxed it. Unfortunately my camera isn't the best.
Attached Thumbnails What Does Your Car Color Say About You?-img_20150805_212858_155.jpg  
Old 08-09-15, 09:36 AM
Boxman
Driver School Candidate

I'd say 90 percent of the time when I'm shopping for a car, the color is almost at the bottom of the important things. Unless it's my least favorite color, I'll probably buy it.
Old 08-09-15, 12:52 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm picky about color to an extent, in that I won't buy a car that is an ugly color. Will not own a gold/champange car, or some of these stupid brown/earth tone grays that look like dirt that are popular now. Will not own a white pickup truck, I don't want to look like a plumber.

I don't hate grey, but man it can range anywhere from boring to ugly depending on the shade. That said, if its done right, ie gunmetal grey with a lot of metallic fleck, it looks awesome on the right car.

Also nobody buys red or burgandy cars anymore. Really a shame, as that color looks amazing on the right car.
Old 08-09-15, 03:02 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

One thing to consider also about color, especially on something that someone may own a long time and will hold value well...like a Lexus or other luxury car...is that color matters a lot down the line.

Thats why most luxury cars are silver, grey, black, white or gold. Those are classic colors that never go out of style. They might not be as in as colors like the browns you mention, or oranges which are in, or blues, etc...but they never go out. When you go to sell your Lexus in 3...5...10 years you will find a considerable value difference in a silver or grey one...and burgundy one...

Its kind of like buying a conservative Hickey Freeman suit...in brown plaid. Brownish plaid is in now...but in 5 years when I'm still wearing my $1,300 charcoal suit, and you can no longer wear the same suit in that color...who wins?
Old 08-09-15, 06:44 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

oh and black is not a color, it's the absence of color.
I went from no color to (extra) all colors. Lol.

IMO a color needs its mate to be a good color. Some colors look really nice on one model while not so great on a similar one.

Last edited by 1111GS; 08-11-15 at 06:18 AM.
Old 08-10-15, 07:04 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

This sounds about right. I'm usually the sober one in every group I hangout with.

I am practical to a point, and I do make a list of things to do.
Old 08-12-15, 09:42 AM
DreamGS4
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the purple! Deep purple on some cars looks very classy and prestigious yeeet somewhat mysterious at the same time, definitely my favorite color.

But you can never go wrong with an Onyx Black or Starfire Pearl

and heck why not UltraSonic Blue only color an F car should come