Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-14, 09:14 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
Thumbs up

Huge congratulations lexfather

Wait until you go back to work and can't wait to rush back home to pick him up and give him a big

oh and to release the mrs. so she can rest also

Once you guys start taking him out, you'll keep that suspension setting on super soft
(this is why I don't understand people with newborns in these stiff suvs).
Old 06-26-14, 10:09 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats!!!!!
Old 06-26-14, 01:28 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Just for you and Kristy.

Old 06-27-14, 09:42 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There's so much fun stuff to look forward to. Especially CAR stuff. My two boys fight over their toy electric mercedes gl
Old 06-28-14, 09:55 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

So during my seat time with the LS460, we were looking at the nice premium Michelin tires that came with the car. We noticed that the tire were "Made in Canada"

We Heard that Toyota/Lexus rims are made in Vancouver.

Would they ship the LS without or with cheap rims/tires only to be changed at port of entry or would they ship the tires to Japan for assemny?
Old 06-28-14, 03:57 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
So during my seat time with the LS460, we were looking at the nice premium Michelin tires that came with the car. We noticed that the tire were "Made in Canada"

We Heard that Toyota/Lexus rims are made in Vancouver.

Would they ship the LS without or with cheap rims/tires only to be changed at port of entry or would they ship the tires to Japan for assemny?
optional accessories are sometimes added at port but i doubt this was the case here... In any case, factory ships them with factory wheels.
Old 06-28-14, 07:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

It also depends on Domestic Parts-Content laws for specific vehicles sold in specific countries. These can be quite complex, and often drive automakers nuts in planning for suppliers, country-of-origin for the parts, and how the parts-content for each vehicle compares to other vehicles in that manufacturer's fleet. It can be, and often is, a mess.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-28-14 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-28-14, 07:20 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
optional accessories are sometimes added at port but i doubt this was the case here... In any case, factory ships them with factory wheels.
Would it not be just cheaper to ship all US-CAN LS with dummy wheels then to ship the tires and wheels to Japan only to find them sent back this way.
Old 06-28-14, 09:34 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

Seems kind of wasteful to do that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup
Old 07-09-14, 10:23 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Newspace, my apologies! Congratulation on your newborn. The Odyessy is a great choice. There is a great group "VanKulture" coming of age and they are helping change perceptions on vans. We actually used their founders van in our booth at Wekfest, something quite unusual. There is no denying the cargo space and advantages of a van.

The Tesla Model S was a car in the running for me and the 7 seat option just makes me grin, its awesome. Unfortunately all my significant time in them were in pretty loaded S and P85 models which were over 100k with options which I did not budget for. I don't think I would have liked the lesser models as much. From my talks with Tesla the Model X has 15k pre-orders and the first models will be loaded ones. They are very excited for its arrival next spring.

We have now used the LS for a week and its great with the baby and three or four people in the car. Even though the F-sport isn't an "L" model there is ample room and a big difference compared to our GS. The trunk is vast and swallows up everything we have thrown at it thus far (Luggage, baby seat, groceries, etc). I am truly head over heels with the LS, I didn't expect it to blow me away as it has.

If you missed it, here are other cars I considered with pros/cons.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8467192-post89.html

I just changed wheels to the new VFS-2s and while harder to clean than the CVT, I am loving the new look.

Lexus posted it again on their Instagram feed as well and expect to see it as part of an upcoming feature

http://instagram.com/p/prKTUVOcj4/?modal=true

First CONGRATS on the baby, he will definitely turn your life upside down! The first couple months are actually the most peaceful so enjoy the bonding time. Once they start to walk then that is when the havoc is let loose!

I keep coming back to your thread since I love the look of your car with the new wheels and drop. Is the body all stock? Just the air suspension?

My DD s4 has been giving me all sorts of headaches so now thinking to get back into a Lexus. My original plan was to take delivery of my F80 m3 next month but have since cancelled the order since I don't want a first year model car from BMW.

So I'm looking at 2011+ ISF or maybe a LS460L pre-owned since I think I'm getting to the age where luxury is preferred over speed. I had a loaner A8 for a week and just loved the car.

Did you shop the A8, S-class and BMW 7-series? I love the S8 but can't see myself spending $125k for a family car. I didn't read through your entire thread so apologies if you mentioned it somewhere.

Congrats again on the baby!
Old 07-09-14, 10:43 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Just checked in here and saw that your wife had the baby. Congrats man!
Old 07-09-14, 07:58 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by s4play
First CONGRATS on the baby, he will definitely turn your life upside down! The first couple months are actually the most peaceful so enjoy the bonding time. Once they start to walk then that is when the havoc is let loose!

I keep coming back to your thread since I love the look of your car with the new wheels and drop. Is the body all stock? Just the air suspension?

My DD s4 has been giving me all sorts of headaches so now thinking to get back into a Lexus. My original plan was to take delivery of my F80 m3 next month but have since cancelled the order since I don't want a first year model car from BMW.

So I'm looking at 2011+ ISF or maybe a LS460L pre-owned since I think I'm getting to the age where luxury is preferred over speed. I had a loaner A8 for a week and just loved the car.

Did you shop the A8, S-class and BMW 7-series? I love the S8 but can't see myself spending $125k for a family car. I didn't read through your entire thread so apologies if you mentioned it somewhere.

Congrats again on the baby!
Hey bud thanks...the F-sport has factory sport tuned air suspension with Sport + mode. The stock LS has a regular coil suspension but air is an option. I ordered the control module from Japan and it allows me to regulate the height of the car. It can go monster truck to pretty dumped. It does take about a minute since the car does not have a huge aftermarket tank (Accuar/Airrunner/Airrex etc).

I did shop the A8 L diesel as the range of 800 miles blew me away (current LS is 400 if I'm good). Clearly an amazing car, great interior, tons of room, and the A8 drives great. There were good deals on the 6 cylinder but not the diesel and the price was in the 90s with some options. Also the A8 styling doesn't resonate with me at all, just way to much A3/A4 going on for me.

The 7 series wasn't a serious though, the M5 was, its nearly as big. Mind you I am a big fan of the 7 and how it looks. Not huge on how it drives, I expected more but it is good, just not a day/night difference vs the F-sport.

My boss as a new S550 and honestly with options it is out of what I wanted to pay. Not sure I'm ready to cross the 100k barrier yet.

I love the IS F but its very small clearly to the LS but way more fun obviously. I also wanted the new spindle face. Honestly though used IS F is a great deal, if you replacing the suspension I'd get a 2010 with the LSD. If leaving stock, get the 2011+ with the new suspension. The car drives completely better than the 09-10.

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Just checked in here and saw that your wife had the baby. Congrats man!
Thanks. I was tired for the first couple of weeks but the last couple of days my body has adjusted. It is hard to explain and its like looking in a time machine as the kid looks identical to me. My mom freaks out, she thinks its me all over again lol.

I've been reading him AutoNews so far, yes at 2 weeks. You can never start to young and it helps me stay up to date on that periodical which is weekly.

The Recaro has been great so far and it actually stirs comments and pictures at shows and events. I had the car at FormulaD for example last month.

Old 07-09-14, 09:00 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Whoa that's cool. If that LS moved any further forward it would be lost in Lexus bliss
Old 07-09-14, 09:21 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the kid Mike, the baby looks adorable.
Old 07-11-14, 04:30 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just catching up on the changes, and they seem like some of the best!

Congrats all around man!

Quick Reply: Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport