Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-14, 08:57 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
where are you going to put the kid, on the roof?
what's your point?

Old 03-28-14, 09:25 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

He's going to get the "Daddy likes" vehicle. Seriously though, van is the best vehicle for family. The sliding doors, the space and low ground clearance... None will beat that. The only problem is is she willing to drive a van? Congrats, Mike. Get ready for sleepless nights.
Old 03-28-14, 10:07 AM
LexFather

p.s. Congrats, welcome to the "real" world!
lol, thanks spwolf

Originally Posted by Trexus
A big congratulations Mike!!! Can't wait to see the new baby (will it be a boy or a girl?) Now the anticipation of a new vehicle...wha'cha gonna get?
Thanks dude, appreciate it. I'm shopping that ILX, its a front runner

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Congrats Mike.

I think suv is "safer" with kid. Who knows what's going to happen while you're sitting at the red light.
Originally Posted by larry13
congrats Mike best of luck to you and your family
Thanks GoHuskers. My wife seems to be much more concerned with the size of the vehicle than me. Now its in my head

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Congrats! Glad to hear the news.

So its not an X5 or a RR Sport and it has to be comfortable with a spacious ride...and available with a red interior. This is a toughie. The fact that you wanted rear seat controls makes it even more tough.

I'm stumped. A full-size Range Rover or Jaguar XJ make sense but you mentioned you wanted to good reliability. Give me a hint and tell me which criteria your ordered car didn't meet.
Thank you! I had some nice seat time in a loaded XJ Supercharged and its spacious and the interior is still lovely. Nice leather and wood throughout as you know.

Originally Posted by KayGee
Congratulations. You don't have to have an SUV or van since you have a kid now but rear seat room is a must regardless of what you buy.

Since we have an "empty nest" now and my daughter has been driving her own car for the last 4 years I want a 2 door coupe.
O.G posts More $$$$$ for coupes and Jordans!

Originally Posted by Allen K
It's a big box, take some of the packaging out and throw the kid in
I'm thinking strap the kit on top with a roof rack?

Originally Posted by bnlexus
He's going to get the "Daddy likes" vehicle. Seriously though, van is the best vehicle for family. The sliding doors, the space and low ground clearance... None will beat that. The only problem is is she willing to drive a van? Congrats, Mike. Get ready for sleepless nights.
Thanks. bnlexus. Not worried about sleepless nights, that is what tranquilizer darts are for.

Old 03-28-14, 10:29 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Infra
I think you got an Audi. A6 or S6? Or SQ5?
I know he really wanted the SQ5, but does it offer a red interior?
Old 03-28-14, 12:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

where are you going to put the kid, on the roof?
Come on. His kid isn't Mitt Romney's dog.

Old 03-28-14, 09:09 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

First congrats on fatherhood and despite some headaches you will surely experience, the pluses far outweigh the bad.

So onto the car discussion on guessing the vehicle ordered. I get a sense that the red interior will be a major criteria as much as uniqueness, prestige, and passion when he sees it, with of course enough room to seat the baby and at least one adult.

In no order:
X6
S Q5
Macan
Cayenne
Ghibli

I would have mentioned the Range Rover Sport but got dismissed due to mentioning of the tight interior in a prior post... hmmm... makes me wonder if that Macan or S Q5 should still remain seeing that they are tighter still...

If that Lexus loyalty prevails however and change is still not in the equation, the 2015 RX F-Sport with the Cabernet interior might also be what he ordered and he's just pulling our leg. The RX is common, but the F-Sport model isn't!
Attached Thumbnails Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport-lexus-rx-350-fsport-interior-cabernetleatherwithebonybirds-eyemaple-1.jpg  
Old 03-29-14, 04:15 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have set on Subaru WRX STI. I had considered RX F sport before, but my wife said no...she doesnt want a stiff ride....but primarily for you. It is a great choice
Old 03-29-14, 06:49 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to recco take a car seat with you and put it in the back seat and see how far you have to keep the front passenger seat forward to fit it in there. Also once the kid grows a bit and legs are hanging out, you need more room.

The car infant seats are like small refrigerators now days, if you want some convenience of getting the seat in and out while not having someone's face on the front dash, test it out.
Old 03-31-14, 02:45 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike, just seeing this thread but a huge and sincere congrat's to you and the Mrs.

As for your purchase <subscribed> Guessing RX FSport fwiw

Had you not already decided on a vehicle I was going to suggest that during your test drive that you drive with the Mrs sitting in the back because trust me, for a first born that's where she'll be the first 3 to 6 months. LOL
Old 03-31-14, 10:24 PM
LexFather

April Fool?

Old 04-01-14, 04:20 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

^^^ Hmmm, didn't consider the LS F-Sport. But my money is still on the RX F-Sport as I'm betting that Cabernet interior is a must and your next biggest clue was mentioned you ordered it. I suspect a '14 LS F-Sport can be found on US soil (dealer swap, etc), but not the '15 RX F-Sport with Cabernet say a few weeks ago when these '15s were just announced to be sold

Last edited by corradoMR2; 04-01-14 at 04:26 AM.
Old 04-01-14, 04:38 AM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Congrats! And enjoy the rollercoaster ride of being a father!

I personally think the IS is big enough for one kid. But you have to choose right stroller and car seat for it. I recommend Bugaboo strollers, they are really small when you fold it. It goes easily into the trunk and have half of space left for other stuffs. You can then choose a car seat that has adapter for the stroller. The back seat of IS has enough room for different car seats.

My son is 4½ now, and this is what he has now. Really like it!

Recaro Monza Nova 2 Seatfix.
Attached Thumbnails Becoming a real &quot;LexFather&quot;...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport-photo2.jpg  
Old 04-01-14, 06:04 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 567 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
April Fool?
I'm still holding out hope that there is a BRZ hiding out behind the LS
Old 04-01-14, 06:26 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Old 04-01-14, 10:20 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I know he really wanted the SQ5, but does it offer a red interior?
Not quite. It offers a MAGMA interior. =)

Quick Reply: Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport