Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-14, 09:10 AM
LexFather

Lexus seems to approve they posted on their Instagram, Twitter, Facebook feeds..I took that pic in Atlanta in front of the newly renovated Lenox Square Mall....
http://instagram.com/p/nq29WBOcmS/

21k likes and 1k shares!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

So far so good, not one problem with the car. Well there is one slight small thing I just haven't taken the car back to JM Lexus yet. Its one of those Type-A things I guess lol, but when the sunshade is closed there is a very very tiny gap that lets a little light in. I'm sure most would not care or notice but it drives me a little batty.

Otherwise the car has not skipped it beat. I drove it to Atlanta and back and it drove like a charm. On 22s Its funny how the internets and reality can be different, everywhere I drive the car people love it. I've had conversations with people, people giving thumbs up etc etc.

Wait, isn't this the LS? I think Lexus hit it out the park with the F-sport.

I actually used the heated steering wheel in Atlanta, its useless in Miami lol. The fit and finish is amazing. The space is very abundant and it is not the LWB. It is much comfier taking friends/family/clients in. The radio is crystal clear though I need to try a DVD-A disk.

As you can see I now use an aftermarket air module controller. The car has a factory air suspension as I mentioned and now I can raise/lower it and pretty much slam it to the ground like in the picture.

Finally got around to installing the baby seats in the LS (and GS). The difference in room is pretty staggering, the GS front seat has to move forward to fit the seat. The LS doesn't have to. My wife now already commented "might need a SUV" smh lol.

The ride with the 22s is amazing, I'm stunned at how good the car drives and this is the first time I think the car drives completely superior in regards to day to day driving. The 19s felt way to soft and under tired for this vehicle. I went with Pirelli P-Zero tires. The paddle shifters come in handy and I'm glad they added them to the F-sport as I do use them frequently.

Overall I really really like this car and its quickly becoming my favorite Lexus.

Old 05-16-14, 09:48 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Nice shots. I've always liked the Pearl-White color. I probably would have gotten my Verano that way except that I couldn't find one with that paint-job and the options I both wanted and didn't want.

Does your car normally sit that low with the 22s, or did you let some air out of the suspension for a photo-op? Driving around with the car that low, of course, might present some trouble with speed-humps/bumps.

Also, if you found the ride comfort acceptable with 22s, that air suspension must be doing its job.

(I assume you also have tires correspondingly-sized so that the speedometer and odometer don't read low with those large wheels)
Old 05-16-14, 09:55 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Nice shots. I've always liked the Pearl-White color. I probably would have gotten my Verano that way except that I couldn't find one with that paint-job and the options I both wanted and didn't want.

Does your car normally sit that low with the 22s, or did you let some air out of the suspension for a photo-op? Driving around with the car that low, of course, might present some trouble with speed-humps/bumps.

Also, if you found the ride comfort acceptable with 22s, that air suspension must be doing its job.

(I assume you also have tires correspondingly-sized so that the speedometer and odometer don't read low with those large wheels)
Thanks Mike. The F-sport hue is called "ultra white" it is very pure compared to star fire pearl or other Lexus white's which have a pearl yellow effect. Ultra White is exclusive to the F-sport cars.

In that picture the car is at the lowest ride height setting. I can drive around parking lots for car shows/meets but it would not be recommended on the road lol. So CJTTY (CL member) programed it where I simply press a button and it goes to a memorized setting which is a higher ride height.

Yes Tires are the appropriate size. I'm very pleased with the Pirelli tires so far.

Old 05-16-14, 10:02 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 579 Likes on 398 Posts

Sounds like an LX is in the cards I'm not a big slammed fan so I have mixed reactions to that first picture, but the the angle on that second picture...
Old 05-16-14, 10:03 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Mike, so you're on 22"s. Maybe I missed it but what suspension are you on and how adjustable (high) is it? Still have factory air but with springs/coilovers?
Old 05-16-14, 10:10 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow that picture in front of the building is amazing!

I think Lexus has a real winner in this car ~ it's really the only model Lexus I would consider owning at this point. NONE of their other models piques my interest these days.....

Sexy!
Old 05-16-14, 10:24 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport-image-1930652587.jpg

Congratulations on joining the exclusive club of fatherhood. For me it took my passion for living life to a whole other level I didnt know was possible. You seem quite a passionate guy already! It's real good times.

The Recaro seat is sort of a present for my daughter's first birthday (today actually) and for my wife who got tired of moving the other new seat back and forth while the Ford was getting painted, etc. Highly recommended if you haven't pick one up already. It would complement that beautiful LS nicely.
Old 05-16-14, 10:28 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Allen K
Sounds like an LX is in the cards I'm not a big slammed fan so I have mixed reactions to that first picture, but the the angle on that second picture...
As much as I love Lexus the LX just doesn't tick many of my boxes for the price. Range Rover, yes.

Funny I was not a "Slammed" guy either but how things change I'll post some pics of the ride height I drive one, it looks like a 2" or so drop.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Mike, so you're on 22"s. Maybe I missed it but what suspension are you on and how adjustable (high) is it? Still have factory air but with springs/coilovers?
The LS F-sport comes with sport tuned factory air, otherwise the other LS's have a traditional suspension. This is my first vehicle with an air suspension and I am a big fan since I can change the ride height. In the height high setting, it sits like an LX I will post comparison pics for you. Also since its a factory system, you get the same big trunk. Comapred to an aftermarket system though, it takes a long time to move up/down (like 30-60 seconds) since the tanks are small. An aftermarket Air Suspension tank is huge and in most cases takes up a ton of trunk room.

I am exploring Tom's parts next. The car handles, drives very well but I wouldn't mind it a little tighter going on expansion ramps.

Originally Posted by s4play
Wow that picture in front of the building is amazing!

I think Lexus has a real winner in this car ~ it's really the only model Lexus I would consider owning at this point. NONE of their other models piques my interest these days.....

Sexy!
Thank you. I had a friend see my car and he was always curious about the LS F-sport and I think he is picking it up this week. In white. There seems to be a lot of misconceptions about the vehicle and what it offers. Many are still not aware of the full F-sport package.

I was browsing around some sites and its amazing that people think its just a bodykit

The F-sport package includes
-Sport Tuned Factory Air
-19" BBS Wheels
-14.8" Brembo Brakes
-LSD
-Paddle Shifters
-Sport + mode adjusting suspension, not just steering and throttle
-F-sport front grill/bumper/rear bumper/diffuser
-F-sport black escaine headliner
-F-sport aluminum pedals
-F-sport steering wheel
-F-sport seats with additional lumbar support and F logo in headrests
-F-sport aluminum trim not shared with any other Lexus
-F-sport contrasted stitching on seats, dash, doors

You have to get the LED headlights, I've actually seen a couple with the standerd headlights. See below for example with the 2 larger projector HID lamps to the 3 smaller LED ones.

The LED headlights are incredible, as good as the CLS 63 AMG at night with full LED IMO.

Old 05-16-14, 10:55 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by LexFather
The LS F-sport comes with sport tuned factory air, otherwise the other LS's have a traditional suspension. This is my first vehicle with an air suspension and I am a big fan since I can change the ride height. In the height high setting, it sits like an LX I will post comparison pics for you. Also since its a factory system, you get the same big trunk. Comapred to an aftermarket system though, it takes a long time to move up/down (like 30-60 seconds) since the tanks are small. An aftermarket Air Suspension tank is huge and in most cases takes up a ton of trunk room.
oh no I get that it's factory. perhaps it's the 22"s that do it then (fill in the gap). Are you on the normal setting in that picture? Otherwise you ride in 'High Height'? I only know of those two oem setting.
Old 05-17-14, 11:07 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
oh no I get that it's factory. perhaps it's the 22"s that do it then (fill in the gap). Are you on the normal setting in that picture? Otherwise you ride in 'High Height'? I only know of those two oem setting.
Factory air suspension with an aftermarket data controller to program a non factory ride height.

Those Vossens look great. Nice work Mike!
Old 05-18-14, 01:12 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Factory air suspension with an aftermarket data controller to program a non factory ride height.

Those Vossens look great. Nice work Mike!
There's the X factor
Old 06-18-14, 04:31 AM
LexFather

God willing we might be using the RECARO baby seat soon

Old 06-18-14, 06:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
God willing we might be using the RECARO baby seat soon
How do you like that seat? The Recaro was one of the ones I suggested some time ago.

So Junior is due pretty soon, then........What does the doctor say?

One feature, though, that I though was a very intelligent design were the DOT-approved built-in child seats in former Caravans and Voyagers (I'm sure you'll remember that feature).....though it was dropped some time ago. You just slid back the minivan's side door, pulled the miniature fold-down seat with a strap, sat Junior on it, secured him or her with a couple of built-in straps, and that's it....you were ready to go. No fumbling around with an extra seat. But, like a number of other nice automotive features, it got dropped from cost-issues.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-18-14 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-18-14, 07:51 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
How do you like that seat? The Recaro was one of the ones I suggested some time ago.

So Junior is due pretty soon, then........What does the doctor say?

One feature, though, that I though was a very intelligent design were the DOT-approved built-in child seats in former Caravans and Voyagers (I'm sure you'll remember that feature).....though it was dropped some time ago. You just slid back the minivan's side door, pulled the miniature fold-down seat with a strap, sat Junior on it, secured him or her with a couple of built-in straps, and that's it....you were ready to go. No fumbling around with an extra seat. But, like a number of other nice automotive features, it got dropped from cost-issues.
Seems really well done. It's rather large. It was a gift from my amazing boss.

I do remember those built in seats, rather genius!

Old 06-18-14, 08:14 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

I remember those Chrysler seats. My parents' 98 T&C had them. Only got used once for my nephew. I didn't know if they were really safe.

Quick Reply: Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport