Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport

Old 06-18-14, 05:24 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
I remember those Chrysler seats. My parents' 98 T&C had them. Only got used once for my nephew. I didn't know if they were really safe.
It's kinda crazy to think the caravan is gone....

Old 06-18-14, 06:21 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
I remember those Chrysler seats. My parents' 98 T&C had them. Only got used once for my nephew. I didn't know if they were really safe.
They were DOT/NHTSA-approved for sale, according to the applicable regulations of the time.
Old 06-19-14, 08:43 PM
LexFather

I can't get enough of this front end...I thought my mind was made up on the kit I wanted but now I'm looking at a couple others.

Lexus will be using it as well as part of an upcoming feature....

Old 06-19-14, 09:00 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexFather
I can't get enough of this front end...I thought my mind was made up on the kit I wanted but now I'm looking at a couple others.

Lexus will be using it as well as part of an upcoming feature....
No offense, Mike (and don't take this the wrong way)...but, to me, that huge, solid-black grille makes the front end look like it has a hole big enough to pull that big V8 engine through. It's your car, though, and your money...if you like it, that's what matters.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 06-19-14 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-19-14, 09:24 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
No offense, Mike (and don't take this the wrong way)...but, to me, that huge, solid-black grille makes the front end look like it has a hole big enough to pull that big V8 engine through. It's your car, though, and your money...if you like it, that's what matters.
Oh you and anyone is entitled to their opinion. Its not for everyone, I've heard and talked about the negatives in person. Nothing to take personal at all.

The funniest one is the people who think I am driving my wife's car since they are both white F-sports and clearly share design cues. It will look even more similar when I add the carbon fiber garnish to the front GS bumper.

Old 06-19-14, 10:36 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

maybe you need to black the front middle part on the gs for more family resemblance!
Attached Thumbnails Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport-mikegsedit1.jpg  
Old 06-19-14, 10:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Damn !! Mike, Your GS looks amazing !! I would love to see a shot of the two gorgeous girls next to each other. Your garage probably looks like a Lexus guys bedroom poster !!
Old 06-20-14, 04:14 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

i would black out GS middle bumper (grille) too :-)

they would both look amazing then!
Old 06-20-14, 09:51 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Or just wait for a GS with the full spindle, maybe a possible front bumper conversion assuming the lights don't change
Old 06-20-14, 12:37 PM
LexFather

Thanks guys. I actually have the carbon fiber Lexon Exclusive garnish my wife is just iffy on it.. She likes the split grill. I'll probably put it on soon and have my arguement prepared

Those in the Miami area tune into Cnbc at 6pm today

Old 06-20-14, 08:17 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

LexFather - First, I'm very excited for you. The journey to fatherhood is a fantastic adventure. You will go through a lot, but it's an amazing thing.

Thank you for sharing your insights on the LS too. It's an interesting choice for a growing family. I think you did a great job and it's a real beauty.

I just had my third child two weeks ago, and as a car guy myself, I agonized over the right vehicle for a family of five. In the end we felt that we really had no choice but to get a minivan because all of my children are under four and in car seats. So we bit the bullet and bought a Honda Odyssey Elite (fully loaded, including vacuum cleaner). I must say, I had no idea how much I would love it. Love it. The car is so amazing for families and it's actually not terrible to drive. The kids love it and all the features, particularly the sliding doors improve our quality of life. Wow!

Now, I've convinced my wife it's my turn for an upgrade, but she can't see the logic in getting anything that won't carry the entire family (so RC F has put me in the dog house). I go back and forth but I'm thinking that maximum fun plus utility is the Tesla Model X P85+ (or equivalent). I actually put down a reservation. But I'm open to suggestions for a five person "fun" family car to complement the minvan.

Again congrats to you and let us know when the new baby arrives!
Old 06-20-14, 10:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
LexFather - First, I'm very excited for you. The journey to fatherhood is a fantastic adventure. You will go through a lot, but it's an amazing thing.

Thank you for sharing your insights on the LS too. It's an interesting choice for a growing family. I think you did a great job and it's a real beauty.

I just had my third child two weeks ago, and as a car guy myself, I agonized over the right vehicle for a family of five. In the end we felt that we really had no choice but to get a minivan because all of my children are under four and in car seats. So we bit the bullet and bought a Honda Odyssey Elite (fully loaded, including vacuum cleaner). I must say, I had no idea how much I would love it. Love it. The car is so amazing for families and it's actually not terrible to drive. The kids love it and all the features, particularly the sliding doors improve our quality of life. Wow!

Now, I've convinced my wife it's my turn for an upgrade, but she can't see the logic in getting anything that won't carry the entire family (so RC F has put me in the dog house). I go back and forth but I'm thinking that maximum fun plus utility is the Tesla Model X P85+ (or equivalent). I actually put down a reservation. But I'm open to suggestions for a five person "fun" family car to complement the minvan.

Again congrats to you and let us know when the new baby arrives!

Man, I totally understand. These damn minivans are AMAZING if you have 2 or more kids. SUVs cant even get close. I loved the Odyssey but I couldnt fit in the front as a passenger. My knees were hitting the dash even with the seat all the way back. We got the Sienna limited because it was a touch bigger. Good luck with the quest for a perfect car. Many happy miles to you
Old 06-21-14, 04:06 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Or is it fear speaking when seeing this menicing front-end in your rear-view mirror?

I personally love the spindle grill and full "gaping maw" of the LS F-Sport, ready to devour anything in its path!
Old 06-21-14, 06:52 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Man, I totally understand. These damn minivans are AMAZING if you have 2 or more kids. SUVs cant even get close. I loved the Odyssey but I couldnt fit in the front as a passenger. My knees were hitting the dash even with the seat all the way back. We got the Sienna limited because it was a touch bigger. Good luck with the quest for a perfect car. Many happy miles to you
Yup. Came down to the Sienna or Odyssey. My wife preferred the more car-like handling of the Odyssey. Another deciding factor was the reconfigurability of the interior. Odyssey has latches for three car seats in the second row.
Old 06-21-14, 07:16 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Or is it fear speaking when seeing this menicing front-end in your rear-view mirror?
When I'm driving, I concentrate more on the road in front of me (or on the vehicle I'm reviewing) than what is behind....or on some electronic device.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Becoming a real "LexFather"...Welcome 2014 LS 460 F-sport