Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cadillac Has Changed The Logo On All Its Cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-14, 10:33 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Lots of 100k+ vehicles DON'T have those ornaments.
I think most just don't check the option box. You can certainly still get a Silver Arrow/Tri-Star, Jaguar Leaper, Rolls Spirit of Ecstasy (also known as Silver Lady or Flying Lady) etc.. these days. Just the other day I built a XF with a leaper
Old 01-16-14, 11:26 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

previous...

Old 01-16-14, 01:57 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

looks nice and modernized
Old 01-16-14, 02:12 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice. caddy now reminds me of that villian character from jack reacher movie.
Old 01-16-14, 03:35 PM
LexFather

I need to see it in person.

Old 01-16-14, 05:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Whatever logo they decide on, I'd like to see it put back on the hood. Ever since Cadillac dumped their hood ornaments (which are all extinct now that the DTS is gone), their cars really, IMO, haven't LOOKED like Cadillacs. And, you'll notice that one of Cadillac's prime competitors (Mercedes) still uses them on several of its products.

then teen agers will jack them like they all did when I was in high school. I knew kids with 50 of them in a show box. Benzs, Caddys, and even Jags and RR.
Old 01-16-14, 05:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
previous...

Thanks for posting this. I had no clue there were so many. I live for this historical stuff
Old 01-16-14, 05:39 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Thanks for posting this. I had no clue there were so many. I live for this historical stuff
more history of the company.... pretty interesting http://www.cadillac.com/experience/h...-heritage.html
Old 01-16-14, 05:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
then teen agers will jack them like they all did when I was in high school. I knew kids with 50 of them in a show box. Benzs, Caddys, and even Jags and RR.
You're right. Teen-agers DO like to rip them off. That also applies, BTW, not only to hood ornaments, but similiar logos on grilles and trunk-lids. Some jack-a** kid, for example, got the one on my new 1995 Celica's trunk-lid when it was only a couple of months old. Left a couple of deep scratches around the mising emblem, too...the whole trunk-lid needed repainting.

BTW, Rolls-Royce solves that (potential) problem by having a built-in motor and linkage for the hood ornament that, at the touch of a dash-button, opens up a compartment in the radiator housing, drops the whole flying-lady ornament down inside, and covers it up again. Nifty solution....but, for obvious reasons, one is not going to find something like that on a 15K econobox. Let's just hope that frustrated teens don't choose to start keying Rolls vehicles instead.
Old 01-16-14, 06:03 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Mike, are you being serious or joking? You think they should have those sitting on sporty ATS's, CTS's, and ELR's?

I agree that you could probably keep them off the Cadillac high-performance V-models (and maybe some Sport-Package CTS/ATS models), but I don't see any problem with them being on the rest of the Cadillac line.

Jaguar, a few years back, had an ideal solution for its classic leaping-cat ornament. They did some models both with and without the ornament, with it being available as a no-cost option.
Old 01-17-14, 07:50 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I am the odd man out but I liked the wreath...added an extra dimension that made it very different from other logos. The shape of the crest alone, without the wreath, is not as unique.
Old 01-17-14, 09:52 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

i like it, it is more modern... now lets do more cars for world markets and export them :-)
Old 01-17-14, 10:45 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by spwolf
i like it, it is more modern... now lets do more cars for world markets and export them :-)
The world needs more V and VSport
Old 01-17-14, 02:29 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The world needs more V and VSport
Not many of the Cadillac V-models are really selling that well. The 1Gen CTS-V, for one thing, got a reputation for unreliability (particularly drivetrain unreliability). And, despite Cadillac's ill-fated attempts to try and sell to a younger, more performance-oriented crowd, most car buyers just don't go shopping for the wreath-and-crest if they are looking for a serious high-performance sedan. In that price range, they usually end up with a BMW M-car, Mercedes AMG, or Audi S/RS. I think history, in a few more years, is going to show that, despite Cadillac's admitted come-back since the buyout/reorganization, the company made a major error in dumping the DTS and alienating (potentially) millions of its long-faithful buyers. The XTS, IMO, for several reasons, is a joke, not a proper DTS replacement.
Old 01-17-14, 04:11 PM
Hoovey689

Not many of the Cadillac V-models are really selling that well. The 1Gen CTS-V, for one thing, got a reputation for unreliability (particularly drivetrain unreliability). And, despite Cadillac's ill-fated attempts to try and sell to a younger, more performance-oriented crowd, most car buyers just don't go shopping for the wreath-and-crest if they are looking for a serious high-performance sedan. In that price range, they usually end up with a BMW M-car, Mercedes AMG, or Audi S/RS. I think history, in a few more years, is going to show that, despite Cadillac's admitted come-back since the buyout/reorganization, the company made a major error in dumping the DTS and alienating (potentially) millions of its long-faithful buyers. The XTS, IMO, for several reasons, is a joke, not a proper DTS replacement.
Because really there is only one V at the moment the 2nd gen body sedan and coupe CTS. But there is an ATS-V coming soon which will be great. The fact that Cadillac joined the big leagues with V is a testament to the brand that they are serious. And honestly the first gen was just the first attempt much like the IS-F was for Lexus. You gotta start somewhere right. Cadillac's biggest challenge (and Lexus's) will be to get buyers to see parity with BMW/MBZ/Audi via brand image. If it's ever achieved they'll be fine. And the launch of VSport which is mid level performance in the same way Audi does A and S is important because it blends levels of Luxury with Sport well. Hopefully more VSport badges will find their way onto Cadillac models.

We've talked about the DTS from time to time in various threads and I think we both agree it is not a proper flagship.

Quick Reply: Cadillac Has Changed The Logo On All Its Cars