Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Japanese Population Decline--Hurts Toyota/Lexus???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-13, 07:47 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, look at the auto plants themselves these days...including those of Toyota and Lexus. Although some human skills are still required, most of the REAL work in these plants is now done by robots and machines, not humans. We complain about people not being willing to work nowadays, but how much real work is there left for them to do, even if they are willing? The stubborn unemployment figures, and proliference of part-time jobs, gives at least part of the answer to that.
That is only general about robotics replacing human labors. It is not all that bad, they make it more productive, and less casualties or accidents that way.

The actual problem is that the more you work, the more you pay into the system, and that leave the less someone work, the more they get out of the system.

That is the biggest problem in the U.S, and every one see it. i will be surprised if you don't
Old 11-17-13, 07:49 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Akachan LS
Sorry if this is a repost, but I have heard for sometime now that there is a serious population decline in Japan and is projected to be this way for a number of years into the future. Below is an article that addresses the issue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...n-history.html

I hear the Japanese government is really concerned about this issue. Toyota/Lexus, IMHO, is one of the best, if not the best automotive manufactures in the world. As I have said before, I grew up during the '80 and '90s when "Made In Japan" meant quality and perfection. I am sure Toyota knows about this situation. Are any Toyota/Lexus fans here concerned that this trend will seriously hurt the company's legendary quality, reliablilty, and engineering edge in the future? Interested to get some thoughts on the issue.
this will have no impact on companies like toyota.

And if they wanted to increase their population - do what UK did - import!
Old 11-17-13, 08:28 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
That is only general about robotics replacing human labors. It is not all that bad, they make it more productive, and less casualties or accidents that way.
True. No one's arguing that. But the more productive plants get, the less work is left over for humans. THAT is what is hurting the labor market....and the auto companies can't sell cars if people don't have the money to buy or lease them. As it is, even with full-time work, a lot of car-buyers still have to finance their purchases with bank or dealer-loans that have to be paid back or the car repo'ed.
Old 11-18-13, 01:16 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
Isnt that the same as the United States ? Just more horrible that 70% of the kids in the US are raised by parents who are not willing to work, but take the system benefits, and they grow up to be non disciplined and lazy
Where in the hell are you getting that 70% of Americans get a government subsidy for their housing, unemployment, food, or medical care???? Don't include old people getting medicare and social security, since this is IMO a GOD GIVEN RIGHT, since you paid into the system your whole working life.

Last edited by Aron9000; 11-18-13 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-18-13, 04:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Where in the hell are you getting that 70% of Americans get a government subsidy for their housing, unemployment, food, or medical care???? Don't include old people getting medicare and social security, since this is IMO a GOD GIVEN RIGHT, since you paid into the system your whole working life.
yeah, seemed like a stupid number in the least-social country in the world :-)
Old 11-18-13, 05:41 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
First time I have heard "Radio activity" to be the cause loss of reproduction. What is next, "TV activity" causing humans to become infertile.
well fukushima is a much bigger radiation source than all the tv's in japan. but most of that radiation is headed to the west coast of the american continent.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/fukushi...ations/5356528

Originally Posted by Aron9000
most people are now draining out FAR more from social security and medicare than they put in. then we have nearly FIFTY MILLION now on food stamps.

and so many 'subsidies' and 'credits' that are direct benefit have meant that now 43% pay NO federal income tax, which is absurd.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/29/pf/t...-income-taxes/

i don't know if it gets near 70% of people that get some kind of govt hand out, but i wouldn't be surprised.