Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus To Launch Updated CT 200h Next Year, Eventually Offer More Variants: Report

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-13, 01:18 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Handsome little devil

Shame they didn't take the opportunity to improve some of the plastics in the cabin. Same poor steeringwheel bezels that are on the 3IS. And door pieces don't flow. Looks like something tacked on. Lexus you can do better.
It might not change in a mere facelift but it could for a restyling!

Hopefully next CT's interior is a huge bump compared to this generation.
Old 11-25-13, 01:34 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by asoksevil
It might not change in a mere facelift but it could for a restyling!

Hopefully next CT's interior is a huge bump compared to this generation.
Lexus upgraded some of the materials on the 2010 ES350 vs the 2007-2009. They should have done the same. Missed opportunity.

Speaking of missed opportunities we were told the navigation would no longer be pop up. That didn't happen either
Old 11-25-13, 03:14 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

i still don't really get this vehicle.

anyone else think the triangular metal shape on back if rear door above door handle (D pillar) looks odd?

and i still don't get why there's an f-sport version with no bump in power - there's nothing remotely sporty about this entry luxury hybrid hatchback.
Old 11-25-13, 03:29 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
and i still don't get why there's an f-sport version with no bump in power - there's nothing remotely sporty about this entry luxury hybrid hatchback.
It's the drive. It handles sooo well! And the Sport mode makes a real difference! Ask my friends on the NICO forums about how well it did on stock LRR tires at the Tail of the Dragon! I left all the 350Zs behind and kept up with the G35 sedan, Camaro ZL1 and Legacy wagon with STI swap! They couldn't believe it was a hybrid!
Old 11-25-13, 03:33 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I believe I read the press release where the navigation is now fixed and its thinner....they just didn't change the design but they got rid of the pop up motor
Old 11-25-13, 04:39 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
I believe I read the press release where the navigation is now fixed and its thinner....they just didn't change the design but they got rid of the pop up motor
You are correct. No "tilt" or "open/close" button. New navi is fixed. Guess that clears that up
Old 11-25-13, 07:17 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by nabbun
It's the drive. It handles sooo well! And the Sport mode makes a real difference! Ask my friends on the NICO forums about how well it did on stock LRR tires at the Tail of the Dragon! I left all the 350Zs behind and kept up with the G35 sedan, Camaro ZL1 and Legacy wagon with STI swap! They couldn't believe it was a hybrid!
There's a few of us that get this vehicle and are quite happy with it. Soon there will be other CT variants such as a CT 300h or maybe a turbo version. Only time will tell...
Old 11-25-13, 08:23 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

nabbun, Trexus, thanks for the feedback.

i do actually find the CTh interesting, but when i've seen them in person i've found them to be rather low to the ground, and i'm more cuv/suv oriented these days. if it's gonna be low to the ground then it'd better be sporty.

nabbun - very cool you slung it around the dragon been on that many times. one time as a passenger in a porsche gt3
Old 11-26-13, 09:21 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I'm more than ready for this year. Tom's chassis bracing set and new CE28RTs wrapped in Michelin Super Sports? All I'm missing is a front diff and racing seats lol
Old 11-26-13, 09:32 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

anyone else think the triangular metal shape on back if rear door above door handle (D pillar) looks odd?

The overall styling is very close to that of the Mazda3 5-door hatchback...hard to tell who's copying who.

The suspension and ride on this car can probably be considered sporty. In a number of ways, it is the anti-Lexus Lexus.
Old 11-26-13, 11:19 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
There's a few of us that get this vehicle and are quite happy with it. Soon there will be other CT variants such as a CT 300h or maybe a turbo version. Only time will tell...
Soon as in a year? OR Later as in 2-3 years? Will there be an EV or plug in variety? I would buy that in a heartbeat since the marketplace lacks a entry luxury sport wagon eve/hev especially here in CA...
Old 11-26-13, 01:32 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
Soon as in a year? OR Later as in 2-3 years? Will there be an EV or plug in variety? I would buy that in a heartbeat since the marketplace lacks a entry luxury sport wagon eve/hev especially here in CA...
well, there will be new CT in 2.5 years from now and turbo wont be on any other cars than NX until late 2014... so i kind of doubt they will add turbo engine for 1.5 years of model cycle.
Old 11-26-13, 02:22 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
well, there will be new CT in 2.5 years from now and turbo wont be on any other cars than NX until late 2014... so i kind of doubt they will add turbo engine for 1.5 years of model cycle.
I was hoping they would do a engine refresh to prius 2.5 at least next year
Old 11-26-13, 03:24 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
At Lexus's rate it could be a lot longer than sooner. Lexus could do so much with the CT such as:

CT 200h
CT 300h
CT 200t

Audi brought to market a sedan version of their A3. Lexus could do the same thing with a CT hybrid sedan.

I saw the Audi A3 sedan at the LA Auto show and I liked it. I was very disappointed with the Lexus booth at the LA Auto show because they didn't have the RC or the LF-NX displayed there.

Last edited by Trexus; 11-26-13 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-26-13, 04:26 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^the interior of the A3 is disgusting ... The exterior is great though.

Lexus booth was ok... It had tons of traffic. LFLC was amazing. Wish they brought the RC though

Quick Reply: Lexus To Launch Updated CT 200h Next Year, Eventually Offer More Variants: Report