Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus To Launch Updated CT 200h Next Year, Eventually Offer More Variants: Report

Old 11-15-13, 07:10 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Exec Suggests Faster Non-Turbo CT Hatch is Being Considered

The criticism aimed at the Lexus CT200h was never addressed at the way it went around corners, the quality of its interior or even the odd shape that some people actually liked (the new grille helps).

What some didn’t like was the sole choice of just one powertrain, and absence of a non-hybrid alternative – it lacked oomph too, stepping into battle with the BMW 1-Series and Mercedes A-Class ill prepared, with under 140 hp from its 1.8-liter petrol and electric motor combo.

However, good news is headed the way of those who actually related to what was said in the opening paragraph, as a senior Lexus official, Mark Templin, recently admitted that only offering the CT as a hybrid negatively affected sales.

Speaking to Motoring, he suggested that a more powerful variant is being considered – it may get the 2.0-liter turbo unit which debuts in Tokyo under the hood of the LF-NX crossover concept, with the 200t designation.

He argued that “You had the people who loved the CT’s hybrid powertrain, the markets that need that kind of powertrain, and the people who are eco friendly or want to save that money on gas and that’s great.”

However, he conceded to having “missed a segment of the market for people who want fast cars; because a lot of people liked the looks and liked the way it drove so they wanted something faster. So yeah sure in the future, I hope we can account for that.”

Templin still stood by the decision to only offer the CT as a 200h, explaining that “It helped us solidify our place in history when it comes to the development of hybrid powertrains and showing that luxury and hybrid go together… It was just a natural step for us to launch a car that came 100 per cent as a hybrid. That was a good play. But in the future? Maybe we need both.”
http://www.carscoops.com/2013/11/lex...-turbo-ct.html
Old 11-15-13, 10:45 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Default short people only!

Lexus needs to improve the access to the drivers seat.

I'm 6'-1" and had a hard time getting in and out. I actually leased one and after one month was forced to return to the dealer and make trade for a Rx350. My left knee could not take the stress required to get out of the seat. The steering wheel does not tilt up high enough. Lexus is missing out on a large segment of potential buyers. I really liked the CT, it had every thing I wanted in hybrid.
Old 11-15-13, 10:58 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Lexus needs to improve the access to the drivers seat.

I'm 6'-1" and had a hard time getting in and out. I actually leased one and after one month was forced to return to the dealer and make trade for a Rx350. My left knee could not take the stress required to get out of the seat. The steering wheel does not tilt up high enough. Lexus is missing out on a large segment of potential buyers. I really liked the CT, it had every thing I wanted in hybrid.
The CT doesn't need to be bigger, it's a small hatch. Luckily theres an NX CUV coming out that should be perfect for you
Old 11-15-13, 01:09 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The CT doesn't need to be bigger, it's a small hatch. Luckily theres an NX CUV coming out that should be perfect for you
I didn't say it needed to be larger. Just design the steering wheel to get out of the way, that's all.

But yes, the NX hybrid will most likely be my next vehicle.
Old 11-21-13, 12:50 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2014 Lexus CT unveiled at Guangzhou motor show
November 21st, 2013 by Eliott Farr

Set to launch in the UK and Europe in the first quarter of 2014, the compact hybrid has been updated with a more comfortable and refined interior, while featuring the latest take on the Lexus spindle grille design.
CO2 emissions for the CT have been further lowered to a class-leading 82g/km. UK and European pricing and exact specification will be announced in January.
Read on for more details on our new luxury hatchback, and see a full gallery of images at the bottom of the page.

Exterior design

The Lexus signature spindle grille features on the CT 200h, giving the car a renewed design focus and imposing front end. The grille has been reshaped in such a way to reinforce the car’s low front profile and wide track.
New 10-spoke 16-inch and 17-inch alloy wheels have been introduced together with a shark’s fin roof antenna. At the rear the new-look bumper has stronger horizontal lines and incorporates distinctive L-shaped reflectors.
A revised range of paint colours will be available, all benefiting from a scratch-resistant, self-restoring top coat.

Interior design and equipment

The 2014 CT 200h promises greater comfort, increased equipment levels and better all-round quality in the look and feel of the cabin.
The new 370mm diameter steering wheel is the same as that featured in the new Lexus IS. The Optitron instrument binnacle is now available with an integral 4.2-inch TFT screen, which can be linked to the car’s multimedia system and controlled using steering wheel-mounted controls. The second generation Remote Touch Interface controller has been revised with a push-action command switch.

The Lexus Media Display and Lexus Premium Navigation systems have been made easier to operate with better hands-free and voice recognition functions. The display can be operated using a new controller mounted on the centre console.
In a world first, bamboo has been used the car’s sound system as part of a range of measures to improve sound quality. Bamboo fibre, plant opal and charcoal are used in an injection moulding process to create the industry’s thinnest loudspeaker diaphragm, giving noticeably better sound reproduction.

Other equipment upgrades include a rear view monitor for the Lexus Media Display, a tyre pressure warning system and an “off” setting for the traction control.
New insert colours and combinations are available for the centre console, and the door panel inserts have been reworked with new upholstery and stitching design. According to market, shimamoku wood previously seen in the Lexus LS will be among the finishes available. With typical Lexus attention to detail, the quality of the metal finish for the centre console controls has also been improved, while a revised range of leather and cloth seat upholstery has also been created.

Lexus CT 200h 2014 brown interiorClass-leading emissions
Lexus has achieved significant reductions in emissions from the 2014 CT 200h, taking CO2 output down by 5g/km to just 82g/km for the entry level S grade model fitted with 15-inch wheels. For versions equipped with optional 16-inch wheels the official figure has been reduced by 6g/km to 88g/km.

Improved driving comfort and refinement

The new CT 200h has greater body rigidity, revised suspension settings, enhanced aerodynamics and more extensive noise suppression measures, which combine to deliver a more refined and comfortable driving experience and an even quieter cabin.
Body rigidity has been increased thanks to additional spot welds and extensive use of structural adhesive technology. This has allowed for the suspension to be retuned to improve ride comfort without sacrificing handling agility.
Lexus has also remapped with hybrid drive system’s transmission control. This allows for a more linear build-up of engine revs, more closely matching the increase in vehicle speed. The result is a driving experience more akin to a conventional automatic transmission.
Lexus Hybrid Drive is inherently quiet, but nevertheless, 94 separate measures have been taken to reduce noise, vibration and harshness levels.
Distinctive F Sport design

Lexus has redesigned the CT 200h F Sport to give the model more powerful road presence and create a greater differentiation between it and other versions in the range.
The stronger iteration of the spindle grille adopts the same mesh pattern as the new IS F Sport, while at the rear the roof spoiler has cut-outs to create additional downforce. The F Sport has dedicated 10-spoke 17-inch wheels and will be available in a range of colours that includes an F Sport-exclusive white.

Inside, the F Sport has been upgraded with aluminium pedals, scuff plates and perforated leather steering wheel and shift lever trim.
The F Sport benefits from the same driving performance enhancements as the rest of the CT 200h range, together with bespoke coil spring settings and optimised distribution of front/rear roll rigidity to sharpen its sportier driving dynamics.

http://blog.lexus.co.uk/2013/11/2014...ou-motor-show/

Last edited by asoksevil; 11-21-13 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-21-13, 12:57 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Old 11-21-13, 01:04 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

Excellent facelift. Front end is edgier and more modern. Best use of the spindle yet, in my opinion. Upper dash looks cleaner too, around the A/C vent area. Dont' care for the new rear diffuser. It's too chunky and truckish. Doesn't match the clean and straight lines of the front.
And there's that amazing new Ultra Blue again. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Ultrasonic Blue will be a distant memory as this new sporty and vibrant blue takes hold.
Old 11-21-13, 10:28 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

]

Can I get Ultrasonic Blue with the Rioja Red?!
Old 11-21-13, 01:30 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
]

Can I get Ultrasonic Blue with the Rioja Red?!
A revised range of paint colours will be available, all benefiting from a scratch-resistant, self-restoring top coat.
Hopefully USB makes it to the US plus all the new color trims!
Old 11-21-13, 01:36 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks very nice.
Now if the 0-60 to get down to 8.5 or so,it would be even nicer..
Old 11-21-13, 02:04 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want the new TC off button . . . .
Old 11-21-13, 03:34 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 200h and 300h have the same MPG ratings.

Why not upgrade?
Old 11-21-13, 03:39 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2014 Lexus CT200h Arrives in LA With Spindly Face

Yesterday, Lexus kept its 2014 CT200h under wraps at the Los Angeles Auto Show, but now that it’s officially debuted at the Guangzhou Motor Show in China, the Japanese automaker has lifted the covers in LA.

The CT200h fort he 2014 model year gets a refreshed front end design which sports the automaker’s spindle grille while the interior gets refined with upgraded equipment. Along with the front end changes, Lexus also outfitted the 2014 CT200h with new 10-spoke wheels available in 16- or 17-inch sizes. There’s also a new shark fin-style antenna on the roof of the hybrid hatch.

Inside, drivers get a new 14.6-inch diameter steering wheel while the Optitron instrument panel is now available with an optional 4.2-inch TFT screen. The automaker’s second-generation Remote Touch Interface (RTI) also features a new, more user-friendly push entry control switch.

Of course, the CT200h F Sport also makes a return with more aggressive styling, interior accessories and suspension upgrades. The CT200h gets an EPA-estimated 43 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway and is powered by a 1.8-liter four-cylinder Atkinson-cycle engine mated to an electric motor for a total system output of 134 hp.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ndly-face.html
Old 11-21-13, 04:22 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

CT200h F-Sport looks perfect.

Euro PR is out, it seems like they increased the mpg by 7%-8% in Europe. Also should be a lot quieter and softer suspension according to PR.
Old 11-21-13, 05:38 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent mid-life update !

Definitely a more thorough update than I expected, which is a nice surprise. I should expect this by now as all future Toyota mid-life updates will be more significant than past ones.

Definitely nice improvements on the exterior, and really great improvements in the interior as well. Also the improvements to the fuel economy, handling, body structure and suspension are all really great to see.

Overall it keeps the CT very competitive and fresh until we get a redesigned model.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus To Launch Updated CT 200h Next Year, Eventually Offer More Variants: Report