ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   2015 Civic Type R will make 'at least' 276 hp from 2.0L turbo (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/709019-2015-civic-type-r-will-make-at-least-276-hp-from-2-0l-turbo.html)

Hoovey2411 09-10-13 01:31 PM

2015 Civic Type R will make 'at least' 276 hp from 2.0L turbo
 
2015 Civic Type R will make 'at least' 276 hp from 2.0L turbo



Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2015-...#photo-995688/


Quote:

Honda Reveal First Details of New Civic Type R

At today's Frankfurt Motor Show Press Conference, Manabu Nishimae, President, Honda Motor Europe revealed the first details of the hotly anticipated new Civic Type R. Powered by a direct injection turbocharged 2- litre engine, the new Civic Type R will deliver at least 280 PS.

Honda confirmed ambitions for the Civic Type R to become the fastest front wheel drive car around the infamous Nurburgring circuit in Germany. The car still faces a further 2 years of development before going on sale in 2015 however, on-track testing has already begun. "We have recently spent a week at the Nurburgring, carrying out extensive testing and we are on target, and have already set a time approaching the lap record", said Manabu Nishimae.

A film demonstrating the impressive performance and handling of the Civic Type R development car on the Nurburgring with Gabriele Tarquini, Honda's WTCC driver behind the wheel, was premiered during the Honda Press Conference.

Honda's new Civic Tourer made its public debut at the show and during the Press Conference, it was confirmed that it would achieve impressively low CO2 emissions from only 99g/km* (3,8 litres l/100km) when partnered with Honda's 1.6 i-DTEC engine. The Civic Tourer builds on the strength of the Civic 5-Door, offering class leading boot space and practicality.

"For me, the strength of the car is the synergy of functionality, versatility, and dynamic design. As a European development team, we're passionate and proud about what we've achieved", said Adrian Killham, Large Project Leader for Civic Tourer.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/10/2...-276-hp-video/

bagwell 09-10-13 01:38 PM

good for Europe...can the US get the 140hp motor w/o the cracked block option? :D:D:D

Hoovey2411 09-10-13 02:18 PM

^^ can we actually get a nicer interior vs the Stateside one?!?!


spwolf 09-10-13 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 (Post 8133514)
^^ can we actually get a nicer interior vs the Stateside one?!?!

its expensive though, very expensive... it is basically like almost-premium hatchback in Europe and almost nobody buys it.

Interior is fine... quirky still but materials are OK to GOOD.

I8ABMR 09-10-13 04:33 PM

are they bringing it to the US?

SteVTEC 09-10-13 05:42 PM

Wow that's certainly huge news! Honda actually doing SOMETHING with a turbo engine that's competitive. Their half-assed 2.3L turbo in the RDX didn't count, with its port injection and 8:1 range compression. I'm shocked they even went to market with that thing. This sounds interesting...

BNR34 09-10-13 05:59 PM

So this Civic will have more power then the original NSX! :eek2:

A new era in Honda tuning!

BNR34 09-10-13 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I8ABMR (Post 8133781)
are they bringing it to the US?

I am guessing no, there are many models of the Civic and Integra (RSX) Type-R didn't make it over here.

Hoovey2411 09-10-13 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spwolf (Post 8133706)
its expensive though, very expensive... it is basically like almost-premium hatchback in Europe and almost nobody buys it.

Interior is fine... quirky still but materials are OK to GOOD.

Better than over here :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by I8ABMR (Post 8133781)
are they bringing it to the US?

Doubtful. Honda would be smart to bring Type-R here for themselves and reintroduce Type-S to Acura.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNR34 (Post 8133897)
So this Civic will have more power then the original NSX! :eek2:

A new era in Honda tuning!

:D

spwolf 09-10-13 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteVTEC (Post 8133867)
Wow that's certainly huge news! Honda actually doing SOMETHING with a turbo engine that's competitive. Their half-assed 2.3L turbo in the RDX didn't count, with its port injection and 8:1 range compression. I'm shocked they even went to market with that thing. This sounds interesting...

is it only me, or should have they made this AWD?

Blackraven 09-11-13 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spwolf (Post 8133966)
is it only me, or should have they made this AWD?

Perhaps

But the main competition seems to be against the Renault Megane (which is 100% Front Wheel Drive)

http://fastestlaps.com/photos/renaul...265_trophy.jpg

It's said that the fastest Nurburgring record for FRONT WHEEL DRIVE vehicles is at 8 minutes and 8 seconds.

Honda hopes to beat that time with their upcoming Type R hatchback.

Will Honda dethrone the Megane RS 265 and its Nurburgring lap time? We shall see :)

Hoovey2411 09-11-13 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackraven (Post 8135021)
Perhaps

But the main competition seems to be against the Renault Megane (which is 100% Front Wheel Drive)

http://fastestlaps.com/photos/renaul...265_trophy.jpg

It's said that the fastest Nurburgring record for FRONT WHEEL DRIVE vehicles is at 8 minutes and 8 seconds.

Honda hopes to beat that time with their upcoming Type R hatchback.

Will Honda dethrone the Megane RS 265 and its Nurburgring lap time? We shall see :)

Megane RS 265 holds the record for hatchback? I was under the impression it was the 300hp Focus RS :uh:

jadu 09-11-13 11:13 AM

very exciting compared to all the other USDM Honda news posts.

Blackraven 09-11-13 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I was under the impression it was the 300hp Focus RS :uh:

It seems like the fastest run for the Ford Focus is only 8 minutes and 26 seconds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...eife_lap_times

I8ABMR 09-11-13 12:05 PM

is this the same motor from the US RDX?? I forgot the engine code but I think its a turbo KA motor


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved