ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   TX car dealer sued for repeatedly tasering employee (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/705013-tx-car-dealer-sued-for-repeatedly-tasering-employee.html)

Hoovey689 08-11-13 10:25 AM

TX car dealer sued for repeatedly tasering employee

TX car dealer sued for repeatedly tasering employee

Tasers, while technically non-lethal devices, are not to be messed with. Just ask a police officer that's been tased in the name of training. Besides the crippling pain brought on by the electric shock, tasers can induce a number of heart conditions, up to and including heart attacks, while a 2008 study by Amnesty International determined that 334 deaths had been caused by tasers from 2001 to 2008 in the US alone. Like we said, it's not a toy.

Which makes the plight of Bradley Jones so awful. Over a nine-month period, Jones was snuck up on and tased by his co-workers at Fred Fincher Motors in Houston over two dozen times. To make matters worse, it was videotaped and posted on YouTube, purportedly by the dealership's owner, Sam Harless.

Jones is no longer with Fincher Motors and has, not surprisingly, lawyered up. He's filed suit against Harless and his wife, Texas State Representative Patricia Harless, who was part owner of the dealership. Jones has also singled out two other co-workers in his suit. He accuses the four of assault and battery and failure to provide a safe work place.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/10/t...mployee-video/

UberNoob 08-11-13 11:58 AM

saw this on the news
hope he takes them to the cleaners

Hoovey689 08-11-13 12:02 PM

I remember the SNAP-ON tool truck used to carry those tasers. One of the techs bought one, but wasn't dumb enough to use it on employees

RXSF 08-11-13 02:10 PM

that is pretty ridiculous.

I8ABMR 08-11-13 02:49 PM

I cant believe he even let himself be tasered that many times before filing suit. I hope he owns the place after this is over. Needless to say he is no longer going to have to work at the dealership or ever depending on how good his lawyer is. Considering the number of times and the fact that they were putting on youtube Id say they are screwed

bitkahuna 08-11-13 04:36 PM

hate bullying, they deserve to lose the lawsuit. suspect their defense will be that since he endured it so many times it was no big deal. :rolleyes: :egads:

RXSF 08-11-13 05:18 PM

chances are the GM is going to get charged with failing to provide a safe work place and not for the taser since there is no evidence or video of him doing it

the other guy though, is screwed

chikoo 08-11-13 06:15 PM

i really cannot understand how such bullies become leaders. It is so common.
They are also the same ones who take pride in having nailed the hot girls and taking their panties as trophies.
It is so pathetic that I do not even let such idiots come close to me.

lamar411 08-11-13 07:53 PM

=[ feel bad for the guy, hope he wins big.

CK6Speed 08-11-13 09:32 PM

Nothing really surprises or shocks me anymore.

Joey-E 08-12-13 01:09 AM

WTF? This is so wrong. Hope the guy wins and finds a job elsewhere asap. :thumbup:

What a crappy boss and coworkers.:thumbdn::mad:

bagwell 08-12-13 04:58 AM

24 times? I would have sued waay sooner.

mmarshall 08-12-13 08:52 AM

He said...........

His boss said..............

The videos clearly show unprovoked tasering, but we don't really know much about how those videos were set up.

If I were in Jones' shoes, though, especially if I was to win the lawsuit (and an award), I'd be concerned about retaliation from either the dealership or the employees he sued. What (might) happen after that might, in comparison, could make a taser look harmless. If you sue the wrong person (or group) today, retaliation is almost a certainty.

trexlexus 08-12-13 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by CK6Speed (Post 8086087)
Nothing really surprises or shocks me anymore.

Haha, cheeky CK6Speed, I see what you did there... haha

I've visited FIncher's auto dealer in the past before. Never thought such terrible acts of stupidity/bullying were going on in there.

Jewcano 08-12-13 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by bagwell (Post 8086342)
24 times? I would have sued waay sooner.

This is the only way I see the bosses and employees being able to get out of this suit. If it was causing him so much distress, why did he allow it to happen so many times before he finally took action. Sounds like we have a masochist on our hands.