Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q50 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-13, 11:43 AM
R1R
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting kind of a Maserati feel on the front of the car or a shark look.

Old 01-14-13, 11:45 AM
LexFather

Looks nice, I like it in those pics. Wonder what the base model wheels will look like.

Old 01-14-13, 11:47 AM
mannyj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I think the new 4 cylinder is being built in the new Mercedes plant in Tennessee. Can't find the link.

Car's dimensions are about the same. Wonder what trunk room is like.
I think I read something along the lines of 18.0 and 14.1 cubic feet for the Hybrid

link
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...50_first_look/

Last edited by mannyj; 01-14-13 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-14-13, 11:54 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

i like exterior in these real life pics... looks good, much better than press shots... lets hope IS350 will be the same :P.

Interior doesnt really look good though, despite two LCD screens... at least to me... maybe it is interior color.

Old 01-14-13, 11:59 AM
LexFather

Interior really looks the same. They had to play it safe, this is 60-70% of sales. I think the interior is fine.

You know I look at this car and I can't find any glaring faults. So what if the engines carryover the engines are good for the most part, they sell, people like them. The exterior is an evolution of Nissan/Infiniti and in my eyes looks fine and I'm sure it will sell. Not calling anyone out but I read about tons and its funny to me all the comments about this car, the IS, the _______ (every new car) and the amount of *****ing is unreal.

Maybe I'm getting old

The real thing is in the coupe and how that is going to look.

Old 01-14-13, 12:20 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

I've been reading the various forums and the Q50 is being received waaaay better than the IS350. I think the IS350 is really polarizing...some like it but the ones that do not think its completely hideous. The Q50 is so middle of the road that most are like "its pretty good looking" or "its okay." No one really LOVES it or HATES it.

I think i'm digging the Q50 interior more than the IS350 at this point due to the dual touch screens. You can have various apps roll through and the interface changes depending on the app you are using. They claim to have tuned the suspension on the 'ring so we'll have to see which car handles better.

Good time to be buying a car in the sports sedan segment
Old 01-14-13, 12:22 PM
mrraider
Pole Position

Interior really looks the same. They had to play it safe, this is 60-70% of sales. I think the interior is fine.

You know I look at this car and I can't find any glaring faults. So what if the engines carryover the engines are good for the most part, they sell, people like them.
As long as they hold the line on price. If they start charging 335 or s4 money for the V6, people will look the other way. Bang for teh buck has always been Infiniti's selling point.
Old 01-14-13, 12:23 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
i like exterior in these real life pics... looks good, much better than press shots... lets hope IS350 will be the same :P.

Interior doesnt really look good though, despite two LCD screens... at least to me... maybe it is interior color.

Yeah, that picture doesn't really sell it but it is a lousy quality shot. For me the real test of an interior is how it feels to sit in the driver's seat. The seating position, comfort, feel of the switchgear, the textures and general atmosphere. How special it feels. I'll find out when I get some 3D time with it.
Old 01-14-13, 12:33 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

You know I look at this car and I can't find any glaring faults. So what if the engines carryover the engines are good for the most part, they sell, people like them. The exterior is an evolution of Nissan/Infiniti and in my eyes looks fine and I'm sure it will sell. Not calling anyone out but I read about tons and its funny to me all the comments about this car, the IS, the _______ (every new car) and the amount of *****ing is unreal.

Maybe I'm getting old

The real thing is in the coupe and how that is going to look.
Ha Ha we are getting old indeed. New IS seems like a younger person's car now lol.
Old 01-14-13, 01:20 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
I think i'm digging the Q50 interior more than the IS350 at this point due to the dual touch screens.
I'm glad someone's keeping touch screens around.
It's just so much faster and better than a knob.

That anachronistic analog clock can go away. I wouldn't look at it to tell time anyway. The future is digital.
Old 01-14-13, 01:28 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by pman6
I'm glad someone's keeping touch screens around.
It's just so much faster and better than a knob.

That anachronistic analog clock can go away. I wouldn't look at it to tell time anyway. The future is digital.
To you. I find the systems now in the Germans and Lexus pretty decent and it allows for different packaging for the interiors since the driver is not limited to touching a screen. I'm sure many people will be happy to still have a touch screen. The leaders though have dropped that method.

Its odd for them to say "We are drawing our heritage to the Q, then the drop the damn clock which they have had around for 2 decades"

People *****ed about digital clocks, Benz and Lexus added nice analog ones. Now the future is digital?

Old 01-14-13, 01:42 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

People *****ed about digital clocks, Benz and Lexus added nice analog ones. Now the future is digital?

I think that's the very reason why they seem to be discontinuing the analog clock. It used to be an Infiniti trademark because few others, in any, were doing them. Now Cadillac, Benz, Lexus have them. It's no longer special.
Old 01-14-13, 01:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by speedflex
I think that's the very reason why they seem to be discontinuing the analog clock. It used to be an Infiniti trademark because few others, in any, were doing them. Now Cadillac, Benz, Lexus have them. It's no longer special.
I honestly don't think anyone knew it was their trademark outside some fans. Digital never bugged me so them going digital is cool. I have to admit the new analog clock in our GS is pretty cool to look at night, kinda 3Dish but it being there or not close to a buying point.

Maybe there is a digital analog clock on the touchscreen? That is a possibility.

Old 01-14-13, 01:56 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

MB is so dialed in on their customers brand preferences that they included an IWC designed analog clock (not that IWC would be into making electic clocks) in the new E63
Old 01-14-13, 02:07 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

To you. I find the systems now in the Germans and Lexus pretty decent and it allows for different packaging for the interiors since the driver is not limited to touching a screen. I'm sure many people will be happy to still have a touch screen. The leaders though have dropped that method.

Its odd for them to say "We are drawing our heritage to the Q, then the drop the damn clock which they have had around for 2 decades"

Grass is always greener.............human stupidity..........

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q50 thread