Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is your brain predisposed to make you love Rolls-Royce?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-13, 09:22 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by trexlexus
See? You just can't dislike RR's vehicles!

On an off topic note: No offense intended, but since you are not a fan of luxury cars, what made you join this forum?
Pardon me for jumping in on a question you asked someone else, but I don't see any discrepancy in it. In this forum, we talk about virtually any car or truck (and sometimes motorcycles). Many, if not most of us, routinely discuss (and sometimes DISS-cus) vehicles that don't particularly tickle our fancy. I, for example, don't particularly like small, cramped, hard-riding sports cars, but I discuss them routinely (and, on occasion, even review them).
Old 06-21-13, 09:36 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first thing that fascinated me about new Rolls Royce vehicles was how the logo in the wheels always stays centered

Oh and I have to admit, that new Wraith is looking quite swell

Old 06-21-13, 10:38 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I like the Phantom but that's about it. I'd rather have a Bentley, 760LI, S65, or an LS600hL.
Old 06-21-13, 10:51 AM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Pardon me for jumping in on a question you asked someone else, but I don't see any discrepancy in it. In this forum, we talk about virtually any car or truck (and sometimes motorcycles). Many, if not most of us, routinely discuss (and sometimes DISS-cus) vehicles that don't particularly tickle our fancy. I, for example, don't particularly like small, cramped, hard-riding sports cars, but I discuss them routinely (and, on occasion, even review them).
There's not really a discrepancy with anything; just curiosity caused me to ask that question. Seeing as this is a Lexus oriented forum, members usually join for the love of the brand, whether you own one or aspire to one.

Since he stated he's not a fan of luxury cars (which Lexus is), it was interesting to me that he would join a forum in which the main direction is in cars which he doesn't have a taste in.

Of course, if he joined, just to talk about regular cars because we are the best forum, then that is flattering for us
Originally Posted by blackraven
Oh and I have to admit, that new Wraith is looking quite swell
I'm not too big a fan of the Wraith. Cool name, but the car is so curvy (even for a Ghost derivative), almost Bentley-like. Unusual for recent RRs.
Old 06-21-13, 12:22 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

See? You just can't dislike RR's vehicles!

On an off topic note: No offense intended, but since you are not a fan of luxury cars, what made you join this forum?
Back in 07' I bought a new IS250 which was my first "nice" car. Registered on this forum, did a bunch of stuff to the car, went to a few meets and over time I realized I preferred sport over luxury. I'm not a Lexus owner anymore but I stay on the forum since I enjoy reading the threads here. I dunno, its just a habit of mine to visit this forum during my lunch break.
Old 06-21-13, 10:13 PM
trexlexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh i see. Curiosity satisfied.
Old 06-22-13, 11:12 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not too big a fan of the Wraith. Cool name, but the car is so curvy (even for a Ghost derivative), almost Bentley-like. Unusual for recent RRs.
Ah I see I see.

Personally though, I consider the Wraith as one of the first RRs to excite my interest since it leans more to sleek dynamism over pure conventional prestige.

Also seems like the first RR that targets rich people THAT ARE NOT NEARING RETIREMENT..........since the Phantom seems to aim for millionaires/billionaires of older age or with more conservative tastes.

I think RR started this a bit (aiming for younger age bracket) when they launched the Ghost.................but they took it further with the Wraith.