Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is this Loyalty to customer??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-13, 03:51 PM
GAZA4Life
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Removed for revision and clarity

Last edited by GAZA4Life; 05-25-13 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Removed
Old 05-24-13, 04:09 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

You purchased Lexus outside of the country and you expect local Toyota distributor to cover your warranty?

Is that what it is or? It is kind of hard to understand. But in general, yes, distributors are often completely unrelated and since they pay for the warranty, it is kind of obvious why they cant cover it.

They are pretty clear for where they warranty the vehicle, and you cant buy it in US, and have your warranty somewhere else. Heck, they will refuse to sell you the car if you tell them you are exporting it.
Old 05-24-13, 04:11 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you seriously just sign up and post this 4x on the forum? This isn't Lexus customer service.

Sorry about your problem. Have you tried calling corporate?
Old 05-24-13, 04:14 PM
GAZA4Life
Rookie

Originally Posted by InspireME
Did you seriously just sign up and post this 4x on the forum? This isn't Lexus customer service.

Sorry about your problem. Have you tried calling corporate?
Yes i did call and again got the run around.. Its unbelievable to be treated like this after owning more than 8 different models
Old 05-24-13, 04:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I've merged your posts together into one thread; please do not spam our community.

We are fine with you sharing your experience here, but you need to follow the rules you agreed to when you joined. That includes not reposting the same thing all over the place.
Old 05-24-13, 04:35 PM
GAZA4Life
Rookie

Cool, Sorry
Old 05-24-13, 06:27 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I am not exactly sure what being a director of sales for a fortune 500 has to do with your case?

But, I don't see anything wrong with Toyota declining to honor your Lexus claim. They have done nothing wrong.
Old 05-24-13, 08:40 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry my friend but while you can maintain your car on any dealer you like. If your car brakes down and you want it repaired under warranty go to the place your car logo says. You have a Lexus badge not a Toyota. You should have bought a Toyota since you don;t have a Lexus dealer on the island. The CPS letter you got was sent by LEXUS not Toyota.

Last edited by keyframe13; 05-24-13 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-24-13, 10:01 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
You purchased Lexus outside of the country and you expect local Toyota distributor to cover your warranty?

Is that what it is or? It is kind of hard to understand. But in general, yes, distributors are often completely unrelated and since they pay for the warranty, it is kind of obvious why they cant cover it.

They are pretty clear for where they warranty the vehicle, and you cant buy it in US, and have your warranty somewhere else. Heck, they will refuse to sell you the car if you tell them you are exporting it.
I believe in very remote areas, Toyota will authorize a Toyota dealer to do a Lexus warranty. But I believe it would have to be pre authorized.
Old 05-25-13, 05:38 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I believe in very remote areas, Toyota will authorize a Toyota dealer to do a Lexus warranty. But I believe it would have to be pre authorized.
This has not been my experience with my employment with Toyota/Lexus over the past 28 years. The bottom line is, Toyota cannot do warranty repair work on a Lexus. Same with Honda/Acura. Same with Nissan/Infiniti. If a Lexus owner decides to take his/her car to a location that isn't near an authorized dealer it is the owner's responsibility to get the car back to an authorized dealer to have warranty work done.
Old 05-25-13, 07:13 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
When we had our RX, there was a time that we lived 750 km from the nearest Lexus dealership. Lexus authorized our local GM dealership to do the warranty work (gas tank shield) and paid for it.
Old 05-25-13, 12:06 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
When we had our RX, there was a time that we lived 750 km from the nearest Lexus dealership. Lexus authorized our local GM dealership to do the warranty work (gas tank shield) and paid for it.
Lexus will not leave you stranded or make you tow your vehicle long distances for a warranty repair, they would never do that to you. However, the car would have ro be under warranty.

If anyone remembers, the 1989 LS had a recall and independent garages were employed in remote areas to fix it.

Lexus will cover the car and reimburse you if you are in a remote area.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 05-25-13 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-25-13, 12:50 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
sure, but not if warranty does not apply for that area... which seems to be the case here.

ie when i exported the car to europe, nobody wanted to sell the car to me because it is forbidden, and i knew that warranty from US, would not apply.
Old 05-25-13, 05:28 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
sure, but not if warranty does not apply for that area... which seems to be the case here.
Considering that there was no actual original post when I entered the thread, I was responding to just the comment. No idea what the OP's issue is...lol.
Old 05-25-13, 07:46 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate to say it but it was kinda of risky move on your part to import a car onto an island that does not have a dealer network, neighboring Lexus and Toyota dealers work hand and hand to provide the best for their customers, sometimes they don't, but in your situation, on an island I would have investigated the relationship of the nearest Lexus Dealer to the Toyota dealer you take the car to cause things happen.

Good Luck and stop pointing blame at others for your own mistake, suck it up, you gambled and lost after 8 cars and countless years, look at the positive, 8 cars and one has an issue