Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

IS-F Cancelled!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-13, 09:30 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
I said it earlier, soon enough there will be rumor of Lexus brand being cancelled since Toyota wants to sell more Toyota's.

:-)

In reality, Lexus sales are up in 2012, by 18% world wide. You will only see more of everything, not less.
What he said.
Old 03-19-13, 08:38 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by spwolf
he isnt the only one... we have another thread here where one user was asking where did all the quietness and luxury go in 2013 LS with F-Sport, forgetting that the regular 2013 LS is better than before when it comes to those two.

For a long time people in forums mostly, were against "options". I dont personally get it.

It doesnt really translate to real life, because I find it hard to believe that person looking at smooth 2013 LS wouldnt buy it just because there is optional F-Sport.

Just like people buying S550 dont care that AMG version has gazillion hp.
Its a riot...look at these threads.

IS F is silly..
Lexus going sporty is silly
ES while best selling needs to be canceled
GS while barely short of sales goal here and best selling Lexus in Japan is a sales failure
etc
etc
etc

Old 03-19-13, 09:14 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
It is clear that Euro tuning is what people want. This is not new to Lexus (IS 200/300 GS 300/400 SC 300/400).
Firm underpinnings are what some people want......I won't deny that. But there is still a clear market for those who like comfort, quiet, and isolation.

If Lexus continued to offer cushy cars they would be in a mess now.
How? They would simply still be offering what a number of people still want. Look, for example, at the mess Lincoln that has gotten itself into by dropping the cushy Town Car......IMO one of the dumbest moves they ever did. Their sales....and bottom line.....get lower every day. They now exist pretty much because Ford has no other upmarket brands to fall back on, having sold all of them off.

I see no reason why Lexus can't offer both cushy and sport-oriented models. It is a big company, and is backed by Toyota's huge resiurces. Do the traditional cush-tush suspensions for those who want them and and an F or F-Sport line for those who want performance.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-19-13 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-19-13, 09:36 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Firm underpinnings are what some people want......I won't deny that. But there is still a clear market for those who like comfort, quiet, and isolation.

How? They would simply still be offering what a number of people still want. Look, for example, at the mess Lincoln that has gotten itself into by dropping the cushy Town Car......IMO one of the dumbest moves they ever did. Their sales....and bottom line.....get lower every day. They now exist pretty much because Ford has no other upmarket brands to fall back on, having sold all of them off.

I see no reason why Lexus can't offer both cushy and sport-oriented models. It is a big company, and is backed by Toyota's huge resiurces. Do the traditional cush-tush suspensions for those who want them and and an F or F-Sport line for those who want performance.
Unless I'm mistaking something, Lexus still offers cushy .It might be 1990s Buick Cushy to you but driving around in Normal modes in most cases the ride is fine (sans CT). I honestly am lost how anyone can think say a LS is not still a comfy car, even the GS is a comfy car

I am quite lost how anyone can complain about how a Lexus drives today, they drive far better than past models and still feel like a Lexus.

In regards to the IS F a drive in the 2008 to 2013 model is night and day difference around town. They car no longer rides as harsh yet is quicker around the track.

Also the market that wants cushy has shifted to SUVs more and more. If they want "cushy" they can get a nice SUV with fat tire sidewalls.

Consumer tastes have shifted and moved and if Lexus continues to offer the same type of suspensions as in the 1990s they would be in a heap of trouble.

Old 03-19-13, 09:58 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I honestly am lost how anyone can think say a LS is not still a comfy car
Yes, but today's standards, it is comfortable. But drive an LS430 and you will probably notice a difference, if not a huge one. I do.
Old 03-19-13, 10:03 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yes, but today's standards, it is comfortable. But drive an LS430 and you will probably notice a difference, if not a huge one. I do.
I agree the ride in the LS 430 is as cushy as it gets and it never was to my taste. It just is way to isolated for me, the steering is super light and it just isn't for me nor the market anymore. That is the past.

What I am saying is current Lexus models like the LS 460 still offer a very good ride while driving and feeling superior to past models. This isn't a case where the LS 460 rides like a Cayman. It still rides plush for most and maybe only a past LS 430 owner would notice the difference.

Old 03-19-13, 10:08 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I agree the ride in the LS 430 is as cushy as it gets and it never was to my taste.

It just is way to isolated for me, the steering is super light and it just isn't for me nor the market anymore. That is the past.
OK, I'll respect your opinion on that. Different strokes for different folks.