Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-15, 07:38 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 7th-generation C7 Chevy Corvette is a car that even purist sports-car lovers can openly lust for, and the 650-horsepower Z06 variant further expands that appeal.
Old 09-07-16, 08:54 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Default 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Gets Host Of Cooling Improvements

The 2017 Corvette Z06 is set to adopt a number of improved cooling elements to ensure it doesn't suffer from heatstroke like the current car.

Not long after customers began taking delivery of the C7-generation Z06, reports about the car overheating and suffering from heatsoak came thick and fast. Corvette executive chief engineer Tadge Juechter says that probably less than 5 per cent of owners experienced the issue but has still made the decision to implement cooling improvements for the 2017 model year to keep owners satisfied.

The new elements consist of a redesigned hood with improved cooling vents and some other tweaks at the front-end to better feed the 6.2-liter supercharged V8 with fresh, cool air. Incremental increases in power are also a possibility, potentially creeping closer to the 700 hp and 700 lb-ft of torque mark.

Full details about the changes will be announced when production of the updated Z06 commences in the next months.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/07/201...gets-host.html
Old 09-07-16, 08:55 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Default 2018 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Scooped As 700hp+ Swansong To C7

The first spy shots of the latest and greatest Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 are here giving us a preview of what's expected to be the final C7-generation model.

The following test mule has evidently been fitted with a thoroughly revised front fascia given the extensive black camouflage hiding most of the design changes. Camo also adorns the rear-end but to a much lesser extent indicating that as predicted, most of the modifications to the range-topping version will be found up front.

Chevy's current 6.2-liter supercharged LT4 V8 powering the Z06, Camaro ZL1 and Cadillac CTS-V is thought to be operating near its max at 650 hp and 650 lb-ft. Consequently, there's talk that the new ZR1 will debut a brand new engine dubbed the LT5.

If sources are correct, it is predicted to be a twin-turbo V8 which would help to explain the radical changes at the front end of this prototype, including a set of additional air intakes. While power figures of this engine aren't known, it will inevitably churn out over 700 hp and have enough torque to split the world in half. The Lamborghini Aventador and Ferrari F12 better look out then.

As this is the first time the model has been spied testing, it won't debut this year and in all likelihood, instead be released at a major motor show next year before hitting the market as a 2018 model.

If the rumors are true and the C8-generation Corvette is indeed the long-awaited mid-engined model, this final front-engined 'Vette would be a fitting swansong.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/08/201...cooped-as.html
Old 09-28-16, 07:06 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Default GM Refiles Trademark For LT5 Engine Before C7 ZR1 Launch

General Motors has refiled a trademark application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for the name LT5.

The automaker initially filed for the LT5 trademark back in April 2013 and in this latest application, it's been marked as the name for “Engines for automobiles, sport utility vehicles, trucks and vans”, reports GM Authority.

While GM has yet to reveal any official information about the engine, it is widely tipped to power the impending C7-generation Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. As the 6.2-liter supercharged V8 of the Z06, Cadillac CTS-V and Camaro ZL1 is thought to be near its max at 650 hp, GM is developing the all-new LT5 V8 and will ditch the supercharger in favor of two turbochargers.

All told, this new engine is expected to offer up in excess of 700 hp and will therefore necessitate a selection of cooling and visual changes when installed into the ZR1. Most significantly, additional air intakes will be found on the ZR1's front fascia.

If reports prove accurate, we can expected to see the C7 Corvette ZR1 debut at a major motor show in 2017 before arriving on the market as a 2018 model.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/09/gm-...t5-engine.html
Old 09-28-16, 07:27 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRuger
One day it will be mine
My dream came true 2 years later.
Old 09-28-16, 11:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

^^ congrats! ok, pics?
Old 09-29-16, 10:35 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Hmm jealous that the mid-engine C8 'Emperor' will use a twin turbo V8 while the Ford GT has two less cylinders
Old 09-29-16, 11:27 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
^^ congrats! ok, pics?

Old 09-30-16, 02:50 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

^^^ Very nice, congrats !!!
Old 09-30-16, 05:53 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
^^^ Very nice, congrats !!!
Thank you
Old 10-01-16, 06:48 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

AWESOME! i drove the first c7 bought in the county i live in. lady who bought it now only drives it to church on sundays.

love the silver / black wheel combo.

what options/packages did you get?

what are you observations/feelings about it so far.

come on man, don't leave us hanging.
Old 10-01-16, 01:37 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

AWESOME! i drove the first c7 bought in the county i live in. lady who bought it now only drives it to church on sundays.

love the silver / black wheel combo.

what options/packages did you get?

what are you observations/feelings about it so far.

come on man, don't leave us hanging.
LOL. Thanks. This is the most expensive car I've owned so I got the base trim (sticker was $60k). It has a few options like nav and painted wheels. It's the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. I keep finding myself taking the long way home cuz I can't stay out of it lol. Speed is incredible and very comfortable even for a sports car. It gets a lot of attention, People wanna race and take pics. I'm thinking about getting the roof wrapped in black and getting an axle back exhaust.
Old 10-01-16, 07:46 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

But she does burnouts leaving the church parking lot?
Old 10-02-16, 07:36 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sulu
But she does burnouts leaving the church parking lot?
yelling 'sweet Jesus, Hallelujah!"
Old 10-14-16, 05:53 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Default First Electric Corvette C7 Comes From Genovation And Costs $750,000

The team that created the fastest street-legal all-electric vehicle – clocked at 205.6 mph (331 km/h) – is now accepting pre-orders for their upcoming Corvette C7-based model.

The regular Corvette is a fast, loud, exotic machine, but so is Genovation’s GXE (minus the loud part). The small company took what they’ve learned with the previous model (which wasn’t road-legal), and stuffed it under the C7 Corvette Gran Sport’s skin.

The result is a familiar automobile, with unfamiliar characteristics, boasting in excess of 660-hp and 600 lb-ft (813 Nm) of torque thanks to a state-of-the-art battery management system, inverters, batteries, and electric motors.

The GXE has a range of only 130 miles (209 km) during normal driving operations (meaning a blast on the track will probably drain its juice much faster), but its near 50/50 weight distribution, and optimized center of gravity will make it sure the person behind the wheel will enjoy every minute with the car.

On the outside, the GXE differentiates itself from a standard Corvette thanks to the four round tail lights – which keep the Corvette’s tradition alive – and the revised front bumper.

Only 75 vehicles will be made, and each one will command a $750,000 premium. It might be steep, but, according to Genovation, every car will be manufactured after its customer’s desire, based on their individual design and finishing requests. Plus, it will be the only way you could get your hands on an electric ‘Vette.

Those interested will be required to submit a $250,000 deposit, but won’t receive the car earlier than 2019; after a 2-year design period, and 1 year built time.
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/10/fir...omes-from.html

Quick Reply: C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread