Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Intersect by Lexus Stores to Open

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-13, 01:48 PM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink Intersect by Lexus Stores to Open

Trying to build a boutique buying atmosphere with a large-volume premium brand isn't easy, but Lexus is attempting to do just that by introducing its new Intersect By Lexus dealership experience. This aspect of Lexus retailing has nothing to do with cars and everything to do with luxury lifestyle accessories. Intersect By Lexus is effectively an all-in-1 shopping destination for high-quality, hand-crafted designer products, many of them created specifically for the marque, right down to their "Crafted for Lexus" branding.

The 1st Intersect By Lexus store will open at the end of this month in Tokyo, with other stores planned for New York and Dubai. Going over the 1st store's initial product list, it seems that each store will offer wares that reflect its location. Some of the products available at Intersect By Lexus Tokyo include a $400 minimalist LED desk light, hand-sewn $286 tablet cover and a $133 drip coffeemaker and cup set handmade from the ash of Japan's Sakurajima volcano. Scroll down for a short video showing how some of these products were made.

Old 08-22-13, 02:36 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

LOL this works for Ferrari but not Lexus. AT my dealership they have ahuge parts department with shirts, jackets, hats, scarves , key chains, and a ton more Lexus logo items and they are usually marked way because nobody wants them. I will admit I have a couple of Lexus light jackets that I got from there on sale but I have never bought anything else, I have never work the jackets, and I am a Lexus freak.

Lexus customers are affluent but not like that and if they buy designer stuff they will buy real designer stuff. Tokyo is a fashion Mecca and they want the real stuff. This is too much too early. Lexus doesnt have it like that. I just dont see this working in Japan or the US
Old 08-22-13, 02:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I usually get my Lexus swag from Lexus Collection Online - our dealer doesn't really have a decent parts department until the redesign
Old 08-22-13, 03:34 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Porsche Design and Ferrari Stores have huge followings. They are also more established, with historical significance.

Lexus is a baby. More like a fetus outside of the U.S. This is gonna be a tough sell. But if they establish a niche with modern Japanese minimalist design, eco-friendy engineering, and exclusivity; they might attract the right buyer. A niche buyer, but a market nonetheless.
Old 05-29-15, 06:06 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

I was just at the Lexus Intersect cafe in Tokyo last week. they do have some unique and cool handmade in Japan products. Nothing "Lexus" branded per se, like keychains or stuff like that, but classy scarves, ceramics, plate, leather bags, stationary, etc all not necessarily car related. I might pick up the leather bag next time i'm in there, it actually looks real nice. Coffee isn't any more expensive than a starbucks or other cafes, and the upstairs serves alcohol as well.
Old 05-29-15, 10:55 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Porsche Design and Ferrari Stores have huge followings. They are also more established, with historical significance.
and their followers are much less money minded than Toyota/Lexus followers.
Old 05-29-15, 12:43 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
LOL this works for Ferrari but not Lexus. AT my dealership they have ahuge parts department with shirts, jackets, hats, scarves , key chains, and a ton more Lexus logo items and they are usually marked way because nobody wants them. I will admit I have a couple of Lexus light jackets that I got from there on sale but I have never bought anything else, I have never work the jackets, and I am a Lexus freak.

Lexus customers are affluent but not like that and if they buy designer stuff they will buy real designer stuff. Tokyo is a fashion Mecca and they want the real stuff. This is too much too early. Lexus doesnt have it like that. I just dont see this working in Japan or the US
You completely missed the point here.

There is a large market for people who want to buy unique products that are made traditionally and have an authentic feel.

These items are not necessarily for the Lexus car buyers that want a Lexus golf shirt, baseball cap, or keychain or even the type of buyer that will only buy Versace or Hermes for their homes. They are going after a different kind of buyer. Whether or not they will succeed remains to be seen but their mission (which was obviously stated and targeted in their video) seems to have gone right over your head.

read:
This aspect of Lexus retailing has nothing to do with cars and everything to do with luxury lifestyle accessories.
This is a great step for Lexus forward into the type of brand they are striving to be or maintain.

One thing from this video that does remind me of Lexus' not so premium side is their new key material and feel. It seems to have downgraded from the last generation Lexus keyless key.
Old 05-30-15, 09:26 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

BMW has a huge clothing and lifestyle line, usually worn by... BMW owners A bit lame I'd say but some people can't get enough of logos. They don't mind being walking billboards who pay money for the privilege. I'm more into no-logo clothes and hey, even my car is debadged. If I could remove the Lexus logo, I would...