ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   2012 Lexus December to Remember Commercials (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/665969-2012-lexus-december-to-remember-commercials.html)

RXSF 11-22-12 10:48 AM

2012 Lexus December to Remember Commercials

Looks like Lexus got rid of the now stale message of the December to Remember commercials where the husband surprises the wife with a new car. The new ones are more "in" with the times featuring iPads, Facebook, and Youtube.

I quite like them, and Im glad they kept the red bows in the end.

Thanks to LexusEnthusiast for bringing it to my attention

Hoovey689 11-22-12 11:16 AM

Lol first one says "Hey ladies, buy an IS and find your dream guy"

Mr. Burns 11-22-12 05:16 PM

Do you have a Youtube account? If so you can just subscribe to "Lexusvehicles" and the latest videos will automatically appear on your youtube page as they're uploaded.

The commercials themselves are further examples of declining Lexus marketing in the US. The music is awful and the loud electronic bit drowns out the classy piano tune. It's all a misguided attempt at being "hip". This is a genuine Lexus December to Remember commercial:

Bring back that narrator.

Hoovey689 11-22-12 05:52 PM

Watching the Texans/Lions game earlier, all three Mercedes Benz commercials were much better than these new Lexus ones

Mr. Burns 11-22-12 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 (Post 7612660)
Watching the Texans/Lions game earlier, all three Mercedes Benz commercials were much better than these new Lexus ones

Link? MB commercials always have that pretentious narrator who talks like he's presenting the best thing ever made.

I can't stand him.

Hoovey689 11-22-12 07:27 PM

This is just one of the 3 I can find.

Even the ole sleigh one is pretty good

___

heck Audi's one of the parents stealing the car is great

Mortis101 11-22-12 07:57 PM

I went from an Audi S4 to my IS-F and I'd never go back to Audi. Too many problems and everything costs 10x more than it should.

Funny commercial though. :)

Trexus 11-22-12 11:29 PM

I do have to say these new December Remember commercials have a new feel. It's kinda meh for me. I still like to original feel of the music and the surprise of getting a brand new Lexus for Christmas...

mordecai 11-23-12 05:48 AM

I like that they remixed the music. The only thing I would change is in the last seconds of each commercial, phase out the electronic sounds so that the familiar Lexus jingle would be heard and that way it would leave a lasting impression.

bitkahuna 11-23-12 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 (Post 7612253)
Lol first one says "Hey ladies, buy an IS and find your dream guy"

Seemed more like 'get a Lexus, get lucky' :p
Second one was weak too.
Liked third one with friends.
I liked the new more edgy music though.

Never understood the 'December to remember' event as there's typically no specifics on incentives or savings.

mordecai 11-23-12 07:53 AM

Isn't the message pretty much "Hey it's Christmas, buy our damn cars"? :D

Fizzboy7 11-23-12 09:37 PM

Every year, Lexus starts of the DTR event with new commercials. Then as Christmas gets closer, they bring in the clinchers, or the new car for wife surprise gift. Give it a few more weeks and we'll likely see the same pattern.