Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura NSX News

Old 10-14-15, 10:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Even the upcoming Ford GT with it's V6 doesn't sound all that exciting, but the engineering from the lightweight body and chassis should make it a very rewarding supercar experience. Similar to the NSX I think it and the GT will be more about the drive than sheer power
yup that's what i am expecting. from the beginning i never expected much in the sound department

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
lots of people don't want much sound at all so i for one don't want it to sound good.
i am not sure about the "lots" part, just like saying there are lots of people modding cars
Old 10-15-15, 06:58 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

to me a car that sounds 'awesome', while a whole lot of fun, gets old pretty quick.

i know a lot of cars are now using 'manufactured' or enhanced sound back into the cabin, which i'm ok with, but give me some control - like 'bad ***' and 'serene' at least.
Old 10-15-15, 10:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

to me a car that sounds 'awesome', while a whole lot of fun, gets old pretty quick.

i know a lot of cars are now using 'manufactured' or enhanced sound back into the cabin, which i'm ok with, but give me some control - like 'bad ***' and 'serene' at least.
i am not sure what to think of that. maybe tesla p85d is for you

having artificial sound is probably among the most ridiculous insults on sports / exotic / super cars imho
Old 10-15-15, 12:24 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
i am not sure what to think of that. maybe tesla p85d is for you
ha. maybe a model x.

having artificial sound is probably among the most ridiculous insults on sports / exotic / super cars imho
they all do it these days though, electronically and/or mechanically. i don't see it as an 'insult' - just manufacturers trying to please buyer aurally.
Old 10-15-15, 02:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ha. maybe a model x.

they all do it these days though, electronically and/or mechanically. i don't see it as an 'insult' - just manufacturers trying to please buyer aurally.
mechanically i am ok, at least those are real sound from the engine / intake / exhaust. electronically that's just wrong.
Old 10-15-15, 04:09 PM
GS3Tek

Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts

mechanically i am ok, at least those are real sound from the engine / intake / exhaust. electronically that's just wrong.
since it's electronically induced, maybe I can record my son making a "vroom vroom" sound and record over it instead
Old 10-15-15, 10:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

but even the mechanical kind is manipulated on some cars to 'direct' sound to the cabin or not depending on modes/driving. so we're all manipulated, just to different degrees.
Old 10-16-15, 03:43 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
NSXPO finished up today. They brought an NSX and took a few luckies for rides on the track. Apparently the Acura lords of no transparency made these folks agree to embargo any impressions for a couple of weeks. Maybe some folks will burst and share some intel.
What could be the possible reason for the NDA? Are they really still tuning the NSX and expect to make changes in the future? What is Honda scared of?

It's a ridiculous insult on any car! Most performance cars go the opposite direction - that is, they try to reduce the sound for more comfortable driving and respect for the environment (see, e.g., IS F secondary intake not opening up til 3700rpm, Lotus Evora 400 exhaust restrictor manual switch, etc.).
Old 10-16-15, 06:58 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

A: We know Acura has management issues so any goofy things they do should be within expectstions

B: My sense is the car will not provide numeric performance that croaks the GTR so they are going to position the car around the R8, including price point and promote the hybrid tech like you get in the astronomy class priced 918.

C: Klaus may have realized that the bread and butter current owners are the most frustrated of all and threw a bone by bringing the car. Acura basically had to trash their launch plan and have cobbled something less than ideal together and it seems like the timing of and messaging itself is intended to radiate from the dealers' meeting in Chicago this month.
Old 10-16-15, 08:47 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

I was up in Idyllwild CA last weekend & saw a new black NSX with CA manufactur plates. It was parked with 10 old NSX's, so must have been a sneak peak for club members.
Old 10-16-15, 09:13 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gengar
It's a ridiculous insult on any car! Most performance cars go the opposite direction - that is, they try to reduce the sound for more comfortable driving and respect for the environment (see, e.g., IS F secondary intake not opening up til 3700rpm, Lotus Evora 400 exhaust restrictor manual switch, etc.).
yamaha had a huge project to DESIGN the sound of the LFA from inside the car... http://www.yamaha.com/news_release/2009/20091021.html it's not electronic sound modification, but they certainly went to enormous lengths to mold it.

these days, whether it's transmission, steering, suspension, engine response from gas pedal, brakes, sound, nothing is 'real' - it's all software and hardware manipulated. it is what it is.

i lol'ed reading on here that the new bmw 340i matches revs by itself when you get a 'manual' so people can 'think' they know how to drive stick.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 10-16-15 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-16-15, 09:41 AM
GS3Tek

Originally Posted by Byprodrive
I was up in Idyllwild CA last weekend & saw a new black NSX with CA manufactur plates. It was parked with 10 old NSX's, so must have been a sneak peak for club members.
It was a huge NSXPO in Palm Springs.

I'm kicking myself for not going

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...n-social-media!
Old 10-16-15, 10:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
A: We know Acura has management issues so any goofy things they do should be within expectstions

B: My sense is the car will not provide numeric performance that croaks the GTR so they are going to position the car around the R8, including price point and promote the hybrid tech like you get in the astronomy class priced 918.

C: Klaus may have realized that the bread and butter current owners are the most frustrated of all and threw a bone by bringing the car. Acura basically had to trash their launch plan and have cobbled something less than ideal together and it seems like the timing of and messaging itself is intended to radiate from the dealers' meeting in Chicago this month.
doesn't matter what the reason is, it's just pitiful. if anything, the current owners are the ones that's going to help hype it up

Originally Posted by gengar
What could be the possible reason for the NDA? Are they really still tuning the NSX and expect to make changes in the future? What is Honda scared of?

amen....

yamaha had a huge project to DESIGN the sound of the LFA from inside the car... http://www.yamaha.com/news_release/2009/20091021.html it's not electronic sound modification, but they certainly went to enormous lengths to mold it.

these days, whether it's transmission, steering, suspension, engine response from gas pedal, brakes, sound, nothing is 'real' - it's all software and hardware manipulated. it is what it is.

i lol'ed reading on here that the new bmw 340i matches revs by itself when you get a 'manual' so people can 'think' they know how to drive stick.
if you still can't figure out the difference then there is nothing that can change it.

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
It was a huge NSXPO in Palm Springs.

I'm kicking myself for not going

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...n-social-media!
make it the two of us. my work simply can't afford me to be off for 2 days during the week
Old 10-16-15, 10:43 AM
GS3Tek

make it the two of us. my work simply can't afford me to be off for 2 days during the week
but this one was right in our neck of the woods
Old 10-16-15, 11:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
but this one was right in our neck of the woods
i know, i am sure you and i will regret it so bad in years to come. couple of ppl contacted me asking me to go (i guess since i have a rare one) but schedule just doesn't work.... sigh.. it would have been a good chance to see the new nsx too. part of me really think about having 2 generations of nsx together, that's kind of cool.

i am surprised that so many nsx at nsxpo and really not that many white ones

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Acura NSX News