Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: WTF? No Lexus?
I don't want to live on this planet anymore
9.21%
You clearly are posting on the same crack Acura designers are on
9.21%
Join the darkside (enter what brand you think is darkside)
10.53%
Get a fully loaded Goat
15.79%
I am the player hater of the year and I hate you and your guts 1sick
10.53%
Good luck, time for a change!
19.74%
Group Buy on the LFA? We get 10 people to chip in on one LFA?
25.00%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

The Mayans were right...world is ending....car shopping...likely not gonna be a Lexus

Old 10-11-12, 04:24 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
So I picked LFA group buy to keep you in the family.
There are enough LFA left over stock for a group buy for sure
Old 10-11-12, 04:24 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Can Mike even fit in a Tesla?

After seeing the depreciation hit, I would opt for a CL63

Hell, go green and get a CRZZZZ
yup, depreciation is crazy on highend Euros.
Old 10-11-12, 04:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

lol any amg you can have it for a bargain so to speak
Old 10-11-12, 04:47 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should go with a 997 Porsche 911 Carrera S with PDK !

Hey, just as long as you still have one Lexus in the garage, it is all good !
Old 10-11-12, 05:11 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If world is coming to an end, I would get an 13' Alpina B7 in blue, or S63 in White! No wait, they are over 2 months build time and we only got 2 months left!
Old 10-11-12, 05:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm getting all my stuff in order. The world will end if Mike comes home with a parrot-beak Acura.
Old 10-11-12, 05:36 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'm getting all my stuff in order. The world will end if Mike comes home with a parrot-beak Acura.
1SICKBEAK

Anyways, I would probably go with something German this time. Maybe an S-class or a 7 series.
Old 10-11-12, 05:37 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Must have written this up a few times before not posting it. To make a long story short I'm car shopping for something to add and it likely won't be a Lexus and I honestly am all over the map from vehicles to prices.

I simply am a "free agent" right now.

I've driven so many vehicles the last few months I can't even begin to do long reviews from stock to modded from econo cars to exotics.

Most luxury brands are in the mix, non luxury brands, wagons, 2 seaters, etc. I have no flaming idea at this point. No SUVs though since the wife has one.

Must be an auto so wife can drive and others can take for a spin. My logical side wants utility but my growing "**** it" side says go for a sporty car.

Buying or leasing new or buying used. Not sure. 20-80k price range.

There will ALWAYS be a Lexus in my garage but after 16 years I think its time to change it up.
Prius.

Or new Boxster.

Or BRZ and mod the heck out of it.
Old 10-11-12, 06:03 PM
08IS350
Driver

2013 ZDX end of model year.
Old 10-11-12, 06:19 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I do second the CLS 63 AMG, except with Vossens and a Renntech tune
Old 10-11-12, 06:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
So, sedan or coupe, new or used, buying or leasing, from $20k to $80k.

With that vague range, you might as well add if you should get a motorcycle instead of a car. That surely will get you something that ain't Lexus...
No bikes yet bro! But it would be a Ducati

Originally Posted by rominl
doesn't she already have the rx?

time for a sport car. if ok used, i say m5 or e63, or maybe 911 turbo.
Yes she does. Yes looking at M5s and E63, I prefer the facelift, I'm not going to go to try to make 600/700hp. I can say I know both M5/ E AMG groups very well and that is attractive, a great group of people to hang with.

911 Turbo I've thought but I just had a good but buy a 996 and 1 month later they are 7k in repairs and they did their H.W Scares me.

Originally Posted by BNR34
Wow, you not buying a Lexus?

My suggestion for your price range is, put $80k down on a LFA, then $3k a month for 96 months? With all the unsold LFAs sitting on the lot, I am sure they are heavily discounted.

I don't think you can sleep without owning a Lexus

On a serious note, Tesla Model S signature performance is pretty sick, fit your electric drive fetish
I don't think so. IS F and 4GS are on radar but will likely go elsewhere. I am not getting rid of any Lexus, there will always be one around these parts.

Originally Posted by J.P.
Checked out Panameras.... What I don't get is such a big car being a 4 seater? Love it though but a facelift is coming soon.

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
If there is no particular car you are itching to get, then I'd say you don't need anything right now. Getting something just to get something doesn't make much financial sense (to me). Unless of course finances are not going to be strained from doing this...
Nothing makes financial sense on the internet I'm not asking for financial advice, I'm asking for suggestions as I might have missed something.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
2014 IS. 60/40 split folding rear seats.
Hoovey, I've been told "wait" but I don't want to wait. I know Lexus has some heat coming in the next 2-3 years but today I have a 4GS to pick from and the IS F we know will be replaced. Since I have access to a 4GS and not jumping to the new 450h left that kinda leaves the IS-F. Which is SUPERB with the updated suspension, it dreams so different from the 08 version.

But I kind of want the "new face of Lexus".

Originally Posted by rominl
it's good to do things out of the box anyway. lexus is great for what they are / for, but on certain aspects, there could be better options out there

anything other than nsx wouldn't fit his way. and if getting an auto nsx that's kind of a waste as well

somehow tesla doesn't sound very exciting to me. maybe coz' i haven't driven one

and lol, lfa, it will be quite a bit more than 3k a month with those terms still
You know we don't agree on much right now but yes, the way you did it, is the way to buy a Honda/Acura. A NSX, updated version, rare combo. Thats it. End of discussion. Maybe a S2000. Otherwise no thanks.

Tesla, no thanks, I don't feel like being an experiment from an unproven company. Its not like Lexus hybrids backed by Toyota. Looks great though and the 7 seat option just makes sweet love to my logical side.

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Join me in the loony bin - I bought a Ridgeline. Practical, comfy, and ugly all rolled into one.
I said the world would end, not the universe implode on itself.

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
You know what I'm gonna say...

Seriously though...Used Viper?
Don't need a truck yet. You know I did not think of Vipers. THanks for the suggestion!

Can't fit in a Tesla/Elise. The Model S, surely. CLS63 is in the "family' so to speak

Okay so for whatever reason the CR-Z oddly, ODDLY appeals to me b/c no one likes it and its a hybrid. It would be different. But I've driven it and the CT is sportier which bogs the mind. Its also impractical and doesn't get outstanding MPG for its size.

Originally Posted by G Star
So I picked LFA group buy to keep you in the family.
Okay we need 8 more people

Originally Posted by BNR34
There are enough LFA left over stock for a group buy for sure
Keep the Lexus/LFA jabs elsewhere please. GT-R ain't selling great and its 1/4 the price. Speaking of, GT-R appeals to me, love it. Kinda shocked at how the price has skyrocketed 30k in what 4-5 years.

Originally Posted by 2002GGPIS3
I think you should go with a 997 Porsche 911 Carrera S with PDK !

Hey, just as long as you still have one Lexus in the garage, it is all good !
Love the 997. I know I should probably start with a 911 or 911 S but have you seen a GT3? Its like a different car! Have you seen GT3 prices. FUUUUUCCCCCCK YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!! lol

Cayman's also on the radar...the S model and I saw a nice Porsche Design in black that was sick...

Originally Posted by blacksc400
If world is coming to an end, I would get an 13' Alpina B7 in blue, or S63 in White! No wait, they are over 2 months build time and we only got 2 months left!
You are at 180k bro. lol

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I might take my dad to see the ILX since "its the car he would have if he didn't have me". Then my dad would probably say "I don't suck at life".

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
1SICKBEAK

Anyways, I would probably go with something German this time. Maybe an S-class or a 7 series.
Germany is on the radar. Again the great people on their forums and clubs have helped, really awesome people and they offer great advice and have some sick cars. We live in such a good time with great options!

Originally Posted by spwolf
Prius.

Or new Boxster.

Or BRZ and mod the heck out of it.
Kinda over my Prius fetish. The utility appeals to me. MPG isn't high on the priority list.

BRZ/FRS I am liking. Sadly like many, I want a combo of the 3 cars they don't make. So I am going to have to mod the heck out of it like you said.

I think the new Boxster is amazing in person, looks exotic. I like it better than the 911 so far. Looks stunningly good. Gets pricey with some options.

Originally Posted by 08IS350
2013 ZDX end of model year.
End/thread

Old 10-11-12, 06:27 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The Mayans were right...world is ending....car shopping...likely not gonna be a Lexus-tubhi.jpg
Old 10-11-12, 06:28 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't worry Mike, once you get a non Lexus, it will only make you appreciate your Lexus even more. You'll know what I mean.
Old 10-11-12, 06:44 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

but is it a 3rd car or replacing GS or RX?
Old 10-11-12, 07:07 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

I've been thinking about replacing my LS 430. I'm also not cross shopping similar cars from different manufactures. Instead, here's my radar list:

1. Porsche Cayman S (or R) (2009 or newer) <-- for ? (mid-engine goodness)
2. Lexus GS350 F Sport (w/ ML) <-- 3-yr lease for daily grind / long trips and then see what's around
3. Scion FR-S (or Subaru BRZ) <-- for daily grind / track toy (so cheap, could keep the LS)
4. Lexus CT-200h F Sport <-- for daily grind.

Other possibilities:
5. BMW 330i <-- leased for daily grind (if everyone is trying and failing to beat this car, why not just get one.)
6. BMW M5 <-- Can't afford
7. Some kind of Porsche 911 <-- must be used to be in my price range.
8. Porsche 914 <-- for track toy / toy toy
9. Fiat 500 <-- cheapest possible leased only for daily grind / 2-mile commute (keep LS ??)
10. Just added to my list: one-eigth of an LFA. (Debs on Oct / Nov!)

Clearly, I'm confused.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Mayans were right...world is ending....car shopping...likely not gonna be a Lexus