Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

How Best Chevrolet's Service Dept treats customers cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-12, 03:25 PM
Murvilboy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Best Chevrolet's Service Dept treats customers cars

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Be...132974?fref=ts

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...152707580.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE4Dh_82kMM&feature=plcp

i have included the Yahoo story, Dealership Facebook page and the Youtube audio of this customers car. I cant believe someone would treat a customers car this way. spread the word and lets get this customer some help.
Old 10-09-12, 03:56 PM
Haitwun
Pole Position

GM corporate should get more involved. The dealer represents GM.
Old 10-09-12, 04:14 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

And I hope they lose sales because of this.. Heck, I was even considering the ZL1 Camaro as my next Toy.. now after hearing this.. GM can kiss my $50K Goodbye cuz i'm buying something else..
Old 10-09-12, 07:07 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

No wonder why GM was not reliable as other on the book. GM suppose to be reliable but hurt so badly due to false warranty claim and service damage. These are the data industry collects to rate each brand & car.........shame shame shame!
Old 10-09-12, 08:28 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lexus took my car for a joyride before. Put 100 miles on it in a day. Never going back to that dealership though. ****ing dealerships I swear. No matter what car you have or loyalty you have to a brand they will **** up.
Old 10-09-12, 09:03 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It's nothing new. It just so happens that this guy was smart enough to hide a camera to catch the footage. I would not want my vehicle which was abused by people who are supposed to be fixing it. I'm interested to see the ramifications for both Chevrolet and those workers, as well as the reparations for the victim.
Old 10-09-12, 09:08 PM
LexFather

It's the employees not the car brand. You can't blame an entire brand for what a few people did.

Old 10-09-12, 09:40 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It's the employees not the car brand. You can't blame an entire brand for what a few people did.
+1. There were 2 idiots who got caught being idiots. You can't blame the entire company for this.

You can, however, hold the dealership responsible for hiring these fools. Really bad PR.
Old 10-09-12, 10:29 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

**** happened to me at lexus. blame the people not the manufacturer.
Old 10-09-12, 11:02 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Mike, you are right! But this has happened to me before but I could never prove it. It was always their word against mine and you know how that goes with most of these Chevy Dealers.

Short story: Years ago before I converted to Lexus because of the GS400's awesome V8. I had many Camaro(s) and T/A's. Unless, I knew my mechanic personally, I knew my car was taken for a joy ride because I document my miles but they always use the term "Road Test" it.. for what I came in for leaky T-Top and they took my car for a 22 mile ride? Well, this happened alot with American muscle cars.. so yea the brand doesn't deserve the bad press but the people that represent the brand is bad news.. I'm glad at Lexus they have excellent techs with integrity. As you know, I service my Lexies exclusively with one dealer "Hennessey" even if I have to drive hundreds of miles sometimes but I know my master tech personally as you do too.. but if i have to service my car out of state or while traveling I trust that Lexus dealers would do the right thing and not let their employees act in this manner.

Edit: One guy in the Recording was a Service Manager!! Can you see a Lexus service Manager doing this..? (My point is made..)

Last edited by 1QWKGS4; 10-09-12 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-09-12, 11:32 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Every year or two a similar story and video surfaces. I don't think any company is immune to it and I don't think it's something that's ever going to fully be extinguished. Humans are humans and dumb acts will always be a part of our society.
Old 10-10-12, 05:05 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts

But you CAN blame the brand when corporate tells the customer to f*** off when he presents evidence of abuse.
Old 10-10-12, 08:05 PM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

Dealership in Camaro-thrashing story buys back car from satisfied owner

South Carolina resident William Clark's standoff with a dealership he accused of abusing his 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS while in for service has ended in a settlement, with Clark and the dealership saying the Camaro was bought back and that the profits will be donated to charity. But judging by the feedback he received -- and we as well -- Clark's story hit a nerve.
Best Chevrolet of Easley, S.C., says in a statement to Motoramic that the Camaro will be auctioned for the March of Dimes. For his part, Clark says the dealership bought the Camaro back at more than Blue Book value -- with Clark saying his proceeds will also be donated to charity.

But Best Chevrolet also offers a defense of sorts to Clark's secret recording, which an attorney for the dealership had called "misleadlingly edited" and pushed to have taken down. While Clark captured tire-squealing driving by the technicians at Best Chevrolet and their discussion of making him pay for a new clutch, the dealership contends Clark drove the Camaro just as hard once it was in his possession.

"A car of that style needs to be driven hard to test for the problem he stated. It is a high performance car and is not likely to be damaged in such a way," the dealership said in a statement. "In his own words, his vehicle already had been damaged at another location."

Indeed, Clark did say another dealership had damaged the Camaro at some point -- which is why he hid an audio recorder in the door pocket. After getting into a standoff with the dealership that nearly escalated to a lawsuit, Clark says the dealer's buyback offer was generous, and he has taken the audio off YouTube.
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...221510197.html
Old 10-10-12, 08:10 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

if not for youtube, he would have been given FINGER.

point of the story - thanks internet!
Old 10-10-12, 10:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Bell Lexus in Phoenix, AZ put 642 miles on my car in 21 days "test driving" it. I feel the owners pain. I am happy they got busted and it looks like they stepped up and bought the car back

Quick Reply: How Best Chevrolet's Service Dept treats customers cars