Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

your thoughts on the new Infiniti JX35

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-12, 12:54 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
imo, 7 seater SUVs aren't designed to be eye candies. The GX460 and X5 have 3rd row seating, but they're not truely designed to seat 7. the only ones with true 7 passenger seating premium SUVs out there are GL450, Landcruiser/LX570, Escalade, Sequoia and the JX, the 1st three are out of my price range, Sequoia is way too big for me, so JX is the most logical choice available, until the redesigned MDX comes out.
dont forget the Audi Q7
looks pretty good

side profile of JX looks good but the front will take some time for me to get used to

MDX still has superior handling, so will X5
Acura's SH-AWD is really something special, and it shows on an SUV
maybe when SH-AWD II comes out with the hybrid motors, the decision will be much easier to make?
Old 09-24-12, 06:23 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

My sister just got one, paid $46250 for a $512XX MSRP without negotiations (State Farm car buying program). It seems OK to me. All panels, leather, woods(real or fake???) look well put together. Our dad said that my RX looks better, duh.....she is his "golden child" though.

Side by side pics......don't questions the big white elephant on the far side
Attached Thumbnails your thoughts on the new Infiniti JX35-imag0115.jpg   your thoughts on the new Infiniti JX35-imag0117.jpg  
Old 09-24-12, 07:38 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
My sister just got one, paid $46250 for a $512XX MSRP without negotiations (State Farm car buying program). It seems OK to me. All panels, leather, woods(real or fake???) look well put together. Our dad said that my RX looks better, duh.....she is his "golden child" though.

I’m not into suv or minivans but I think the JX looks pretty good. Plus who are you going to be racing in a suv anyway. No matter what you do don’t buy a minivan. You will lose all cool points in my book. Every time I see a guy in a minivan I shake my head. Did you really spend your money on a minivan? Just buy a van dude!
Old 09-24-12, 07:50 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers

JX is Ok if you're looking for something in the class. BTW. Never thought the RX was much of a looker myself. It's a wash in the styling department.
Old 09-24-12, 11:24 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssigs4
The hotrod of the 7 seaters would probably be a Flex with ecoboost
The Explorer also offers the 3.5L Ecoboost, but apparently is not a "true" 7 seater? It is quite nice though, the RX isn't that much better in the luxury department.