Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cadillac XTS lineup expands to livery, limo and hearse models

Old 09-04-12, 05:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Cadillac XTS lineup expands to livery, limo and hearse models

Cadillac XTS lineup expands to livery, limo and hearse models

Cadillac has announced a trio of new specialty vehicles based on the 2013 XTS, including a livery sedan, limousine, and 'funeral coach' (read: hearse).

The first model mentioned, the livery sedan, is a factory package from General Motors, and features an air-leveling rear suspension, heated rear seats, and both side and rear window shades. All that, along with a tri-zone climate control unit, and you have one attractive ride to and from the airport. Buy what about that three day bender in Vegas for your friends bachelor party? Better get him the XTS limousine.

The limo and hearse are co-developed with selected aftermarket companies, which perform the work based on GM direction and specs. Cadillac spokesperson David Caldwell expanded upon that notion, saying "[we] determine and specify the types of specialty bodies that can be done, the amount of 'stretch' we support, etc. There is a small network of Professional Vehicle companies who are authorized to build these – we do not build specialty vehicle bodies 'in-house'."

While some features were mentioned for the livery sedan, little was specified about the limo or hearse. No pricing has been mentioned at this time, and it is likely that pricing would be on a case-by-case basis with clients.

Caldwell brought up that the established player in the livery market, the Lincoln Town Car, "has for a long time been the far-and-away market leader for these – and that will likely continue to be the case. But we are doing something specific for this, in a different direction." And what exactly would that be? Offering a livery car that is more than just a taxi with an all-black paint job; "we are offering the Livery Package with a bit more luxury inside than standard XTS models... which honestly will limit the volume quite a bit, but is the right approach for how we wish to present the brand."

Quality over quantity? How very un-fleet-vehicle of Cadillac, and an approach that could determine which "black car" you hail when leaving the airport.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/04/c...hearse-models/
Old 09-04-12, 06:24 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

Great Scot, that limo backend is butt ugly! Full-sized sedans need formal trunks, not hatchbacks! ALL WRONG!!!
Old 09-04-12, 06:27 PM
Hoovey689

I was just thinking the Limo looks a little odd hah
Old 09-04-12, 06:38 PM
LexFather

Fleet FTW

Is it wrong to like a hearse?

Old 09-04-12, 06:49 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Fleet FTW

Is it wrong to like a hearse?
I also thought it was the only one that actually looked normal
Old 09-04-12, 09:00 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I also thought it was the only one that actually looked normal
Agreed!

Having seen these I'm convinced they will kick the snot out of Ford with the terrible excuse for a livery car they chose in the MKT (should have been MKS+)
Old 09-05-12, 08:54 AM
LexFather

Can modded new hearses be the next thing?

Old 09-05-12, 09:43 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Can modded new hearses be the next thing?
Imagine a lowered hearse with Vossen wheels...
Old 09-05-12, 10:00 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Have any of you guys actually seen an XTS and had a chance to check it out...or, better yet, drive one?

I like its exterior looks and AWD availability, and the interior, IMO, is a giant step-up from its DeVille/DTS predecessor. But, as with its Lincoln MKS competitor, I'm concerned about the loss of the DeVille's nice high-profile tires, even with the variable GM Magna-Ride shocks, and what the effect of the new 19/20" 40/45-series low-profile tires may (?) be on the ride. A lot of former Town Car customers are either dissatisfied with their new MKS purchase or just avoid it, mainly because of the stiffer ride from the new tires and suspension.

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-05-12 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-05-12, 06:27 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
Imagine a lowered hearse with Vossen wheels...
That is a really nice looking hearse! Someone photochop one quick!

The limo does look awkward.
Old 09-08-12, 08:26 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sedan is a good look, hearse finally brings back a dignified look to one's "last ride". The limo just looks awkward. Some things just don't lend themselves to being stretched, and this is a prime example.
Old 09-09-12, 07:12 AM
mrraider
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Have any of you guys actually seen an XTS and had a chance to check it out...or, better yet, drive one?

I like its exterior looks and AWD availability, and the interior, IMO, is a giant step-up from its DeVille/DTS predecessor. But, as with its Lincoln MKS competitor, I'm concerned about the loss of the DeVille's nice high-profile tires, even with the variable GM Magna-Ride shocks, and what the effect of the new 19/20" 40/45-series low-profile tires may (?) be on the ride. A lot of former Town Car customers are either dissatisfied with their new MKS purchase or just avoid it, mainly because of the stiffer ride from the new tires and suspension.
y all accounts, the XTS is a plush ride. Slightly firmer than the Lacrosse, but it's no Golf GTI either.
Old 09-09-12, 08:47 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
have not, but from that pic i think the interior is SPECTACULAR, especially since it doesn't have the screen 'lump on top' so common these days. i think this is much more elegant.

Old 09-09-12, 12:23 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the all digital main gauge, but the CUE system needs improvement.
Old 09-09-12, 01:39 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

am i the only one that thinks the limo's rear looks cool? (i think its a good way to look different)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cadillac XTS lineup expands to livery, limo and hearse models