Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Lexus Commercials featuring LF-LC, LFA, F Sport, New ES

Old 07-24-12, 07:24 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trexus
I for one enjoyed all the new Lexus commercials. Sure at the end of the Lexus performance line commercial shows the CT, IS, GS and RX, that's just a general ending to the new Lexus commercials. Most people will purchase the RX, IS, CT and GS but some will aspire to move up to the GS F Sport, IS F or even the LFA.
Exactly - welcome to the world of advertising.

BMW uses a souped up 335is in their commercials, and then advertises a lease for $329 a month with $1k due at signing. The fine print says this offer is good for a 328i with 15" walmart spinners, leatherette, tape player and can only be driven 5k per year. Once again, welcome to the world of advertising What you see is not necessarily what you get...

With these ads, Lexus is saying, "Check out our new lineup," and then closes the commercial by saying that special deals are available now, so head into the showroom and check them out. Do you not think they are giving good deals on the slow selling LS, or the GX which is getting refreshed next year? Of course they are, but neither of those are in the shot at the end of the ad either.

Double standard strikes again....

Last edited by MPLexus301; 07-24-12 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-24-12, 07:28 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Exactly - welcome to the world of advertising.

BMW uses a souped up 335is in their commercials, and then advertises a lease for $329 a month with $1k due at signing. The fine print says this offer is good for a 328i with 15" walmart spinners, leatherette, tape player and can only be driven 5k per year. Once again, welcome to the world of advertising What you see is not necessarily what you get...

With these ads, Lexus is saying, "Check out our new lineup," and then closes the commercial by saying that special deals are available now, so head into the showroom and check them out. Do you not think they are giving good deals on the slow selling LS, or the GX which is getting refreshed next year? Of course they are, but neither of those are in the shot at the end of the ad either.

Double standard strikes again...
Great post!

Old 07-24-12, 07:43 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301

Double standard strikes again....
not sure if your last line there is aimed at me but regardless, i'll try to explain, and i'm not bashing lexus!! your bmw example at least has an offer on the same model line of vehicle as they start the ad with. the lexus ads, while really great looking visually, and make us feel good by seeing such cool cars and visuals, are not focused. an rx buyer is unlikely to be swayed by a bright yellow lfa slaloming through the desert. and that ad i mentioned talks about performance models first, then shows lfa, then ends with the range of models, which i don't think is very effective, even though it's definitely cool to watch.
Old 07-24-12, 09:30 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Thanks MP. I don't watch tv much so I haven't seen these

First one is pretty neat.

2nd one showed the LF-LC

3rd one was just bad-*** with the LFA leap frogging everyone

Can't wait for Lexus to unveil the 4th one.
Old 07-24-12, 10:47 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I enjoyed all the ads. They were all interesting and pretty engaging. Lexus has been doing pretty cool ads lately. CT, IS and these latest spots.
Old 07-24-12, 10:56 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
not sure if your last line there is aimed at me but regardless, i'll try to explain, and i'm not bashing lexus!! your bmw example at least has an offer on the same model line of vehicle as they start the ad with. the lexus ads, while really great looking visually, and make us feel good by seeing such cool cars and visuals, are not focused. an rx buyer is unlikely to be swayed by a bright yellow lfa slaloming through the desert. and that ad i mentioned talks about performance models first, then shows lfa, then ends with the range of models, which i don't think is very effective, even though it's definitely cool to watch.
It may not have been effective in some lights, but the point is it was cool to watch and was memorable. Just like those really lame Ford ads where the guy claims he traded in his Lexus for a Ford Fusion or the Obsessed guy that said he had a BMW and Audi...but now has a Ford Edge? lol

Sadly I remember these commercials because there was something that triggered my attention. Former luxury car owner "trades up" to a Ford. hehe riiiight.

Last edited by flipside909; 07-24-12 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-24-12, 12:13 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No doubt Lexus is raising the 'excitment level for when the ES hit the showrooms, the GS is still selling very well.
Old 07-24-12, 12:55 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ES looks so amazing next to its brother and sister...cant wait to see it dropped on chromes
Old 07-24-12, 12:59 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

looking forward to ads for the new es - i think it's gonna be a home run hit!
Old 07-24-12, 01:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by flipside909
Just like those really lame Ford ads where the guy claims he traded in his Lexus for a Ford Fusion or the Obsessed guy that said he had a BMW and Audi...but now has a Ford Edge? lol
lol, that's definitely lame, haha.
Old 07-24-12, 05:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
lol, that's definitely lame, haha.
yup i have watched that series of ads many times. i smh every single time
Old 07-24-12, 07:12 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the 3rd commercial. I don't over-think these things. The point is to generate some excitement among enthusiasts within the Lexus lineup, and the 3rd commercial does exactly that.
Old 07-25-12, 08:24 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I liked the commercial. Very entertaining. Froze it on screen and asked my girl to pick out the GS vs IS (she had a 2IS), she couldn't.