Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Lexus LS Unveiling

Old 07-28-12, 12:28 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I was thinking the same thing , even though its still a let down. I don't know if this refresh/redesign is going to hurt sales or help it. I think a lot of 4LS owners will hold on to theirs since they look so similar, but some may like it because it does so similar. I just think the competition in this segment requires a little more than what they did here. Don't get me wrong. I love the design, BUT I was expecting a bit more. I know that there is not really a lot of mind blowing new tech for luxury cars. Just seems like the high end stuff is trickling down to the lowed end cars. The cheap Fords can now park themselves now for God's sake. Im thinking night vision, cameras on all four sides of the car, and maybe next gen ipod interface/infotainment systems. I think the details I am seeing in the new pics make the car looks more muscular, and youthful. I would buy one CPO in a few years, but going to break the bank to buy a new one right now. Still curious to see what Mercedes has in store for the S class. I have seen the test mules and Im not sure about the flatter fenders, but they know what they are doing.
I think its going to do wonders for the LS, the current spindle front Lexus models look so much better than the version before.

As for the interior, its going to be very nice.
Old 07-28-12, 12:29 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

There you go, we have our answer.

Refresh of the same model and not a new generation, brand new design.

It looks great, I'm loving the direction Lexus is taking.
Old 07-28-12, 12:42 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great, like the GS's big brother. All this crap talk about the GS is annoying though. Save that for the GS hate thread (if there is one). I have a feeling that screen is the biggest on the market.
Old 07-28-12, 12:51 AM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow love it! now let's see the interior
Old 07-28-12, 01:07 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was hoping for the next-generation as well but for a refresh, this is pretty good! I think the spindle grille on this LS looks better implemented than the GS. The F-Sport package looks aggressive! If it's too aggressive for certain buyers, fortunately the regular LS should do the trick for them.
Old 07-28-12, 03:57 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns

Make of it what you will. It almost looks like there is a second screen below it.
Nice image alteration. If you zoom in real close though, you'll see it's just the rear middle headrest blocking the AC vents under that huge screen.
Old 07-28-12, 04:01 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Also, this is what Lexus refreshes should have been like in the past. With the new LS and RX (and the CT F-sport in the near future), I hope in the future Lexus will give huge mid cycle refreshes to their entire lineup.
Old 07-28-12, 05:24 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

The trunk has very unusual lines, not saying it looks bad, just very unusual
Old 07-28-12, 06:35 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 117 Posts

Beautiful lines on the new redesigned LS. Depending on how it drives, I'll trade my '11 GS. The thing I don't like about the new GS is that while the front look incredibly handsome and aggressive, the side has so lines and no character to match the front. The new LS seem to have all this.
Old 07-28-12, 07:14 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

I like it , but I am glad it's just another facelift and not a new generation LS, so I will still be relatively contented with my car for at least a couple more years, I have said I will keep the LS for a LONG time, so at least this newer version won't be tempting enough
Old 07-28-12, 07:35 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand how all of these people are disappointed that we got a refresh and not an all new model. Many on CL knew this and shared it continuously over the past few months, plus after TLE laid the smoke teaser image over the current LS, that should have been a clear indicator.

Not sure what else to say...
Old 07-28-12, 08:18 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So the 460 now has 3 projectors, I assume LED headlights are now going to be standard on all LS models?
Old 07-28-12, 08:25 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It looks like a very extensive refresh compared to what most automakers do as refreshes. This is good because it allows Lexus to update the LS now to extend its life and keep it fresh for a while longer. Lexus needed to spread out its new model introductions and this helps achieve that.

I think it is a great looking update for the LS.
Old 07-28-12, 08:26 AM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mordecai
Nice image alteration. If you zoom in real close though, you'll see it's just the rear middle headrest blocking the AC vents under that huge screen.
I agree, that is the middle rear headrest for sure, you can see it overlapping the vents.
Old 07-28-12, 08:52 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Yup and it looks like it will have the Lexus clock between the vents that will be in every model from now on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Lexus LS Unveiling