Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dealer hit my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-12, 04:26 PM
Norboo
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer hit my car

Took my car to the dealer because they didn’t screw on the drain plug in right and it was leaking oil. Today they called and said someone hit my car and they will fix it but it will take a week. What are my options?
Old 06-27-12, 04:53 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

long as they fix it to whatever condition u left it in.. youre set.
Old 06-27-12, 05:03 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

I say go in Rambo style and start blow darting employees till you feel justice is served.

Had the same thing happen. Fixed in a few days, oil changes on the house for 10k miles.
Wrote them a nice Google review about the whole situation. Pointing out how they went to the next level on taking care of the problem.
Invited to the Service Managers house every Christmas now. Currently knocking the bottom out of the dealership owners daughter. Driving the dealers LFA around.

....Last few parts not true.
Old 06-27-12, 05:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

tell them don't touch your car and you want to see it in person first. estimate how bad it is, how they are going to fix it, new parts or what, what's their guarantee, and most importantly, how else they going to compensate you. keep in mind, when you sell the car, value might be diminished
Old 06-27-12, 06:00 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

^ thats a pretty good suggestion, to get "eyes on" first.
Old 06-27-12, 06:06 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
tell them don't touch your car and you want to see it in person first. estimate how bad it is, how they are going to fix it, new parts or what, what's their guarantee, and most importantly, how else they going to compensate you. keep in mind, when you sell the car, value might be diminished
Great advice
Old 06-27-12, 06:06 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

happened to me once a long time ago. They were able to get the body shop they go to and recommend down the street to fix it up and then my entire service including the changing of brake pads were free of charge
Old 06-27-12, 06:07 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
Had the same thing happen. Fixed in a few days, oil changes on the house for 10k miles.
Wrote them a nice Google review about the whole situation. Pointing out how they went to the next level on taking care of the problem.
Invited to the Service Managers house every Christmas now. Currently knocking the bottom out of the dealership owners daughter. Driving the dealers LFA around.

....Last few parts not true.
You are funny!
Old 06-27-12, 11:34 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Like everyone said, just fixing the car won't be enough. Ask them to offer you a nice loaner car while the car being repaired, also some freebies on top of it, whatever will make you happy.
Old 06-28-12, 05:50 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

2 more reasons I prefer to change my own oil in the safety of my garage.
Old 06-28-12, 06:39 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

yep... good advice... see whats broken before they can fix it so you can actually evaluate the fix.
Old 06-28-12, 10:50 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
2 more reasons I prefer to change my own oil in the safety of my garage.
Agree, especially on an easy tasks such as an oil change.
And rominl post is a good suggestion/steps to take on this misfortune you have encountered.
Old 06-28-12, 01:07 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep! Do NOT just let them repair your car. Take a look yourself at the damage. If you have a preferred body shop, you might prefer to have them do the work if there's a good amount of damage. Either way, the dealer will end up paying for it. Make sure you get a loaner car while repairs are being made and see what else they will do for you

Make sure to ask for only OEM replacement parts and make sure the repairs are guaranteed.

Lastly, find another dealership. Because they shouldn't ever let you drive home with the drain plug not on right. That is a simple thing every tech should be checking before handing the car back to you. If they can't be bothered to check something so simple, I wouldn't trust them with my car.
Old 06-28-12, 02:46 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Head over to your local BMW dealership, buy a BMW, take it to the Lexus dealership and tell them:

"Here, look what you made me do!"
Old 06-28-12, 06:31 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Norboo
Took my car to the dealer because they didn’t screw on the drain plug in right and it was leaking oil. Today they called and said someone hit my car and they will fix it but it will take a week. What are my options?
hi, which dealer in va did you take your car to? the same thing happened to me years ago at the richmond va dealer.. just wondering.

Quick Reply: Dealer hit my car