Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Honda Accord

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-12, 12:09 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Glad Im not the first to notice the 6th gen front end. Much better than the last two generations.
Old 08-20-12, 12:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Just my 2 cents : Why the hell are these Accord designs always so frumpy. They look awful. Even the ubiquitous camry looks sporty next to this thing
Old 08-20-12, 07:31 PM
nvslm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Some would think this new accord is good looking. Other would find the current Camry is good looking. Can't satisfied everyone. I myself think this Accord is good looking. But that is just my opinion.

I really would to try out their new Dream Engine
Old 08-20-12, 07:43 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by nvslm

I really would to try out their new Dream Engine
Is that the V-8 or the V-10 Dream engine

This cracked me up

Tetsuo Iwamura, President and CEO of American Honda, told us that he's been surprised by the Crosstour crossover's slow sales:
"In the case of the Crosstour, I'm really disappointed because that's a nice car, [with] very beautiful styling, and it gives very good driving performance as well as packaging. But yet, we went a bit too far."
They wouldn't know beauty if Kate Upton designed their cars in a bikini The Accord is safe as it should be and at least its not ugly.

Old 08-20-12, 08:36 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default 2013 Honda Accord production fires up with Earth Dreams power

2013 Honda Accord production fires up with Earth Dreams power

Production of the "Earth Dreams" powertrains that will slot into the 2013 Honda Accord got underway at the Japanese automaker's Anna Engine and Honda Transmission Mfg. plants last week, and both facilities have begun feeding engines and gearboxes to the Marysville, Ohio, assembly lines where the 2013 Accord has started rolling off the lines. A ceremony marking the start of the new generation's assembly today also served to celebrate Honda's 30 years of production in the States.

As one would expect with car as important to Honda as the ninth-generation Accord, the company has made a huge investment in the North American debut of its new direct-injected, 2.4-liter four-cylinder, a new CVT transmission and a 3.5-liter V6 and its optional six-speed automatic. Honda has spent $220 million on expansions, casting operations and automated lines for its associates, and the plant is now able to make 1.8 million Earth Dreams engines annually.

The new engines are said to be good for a 10-percent improvement in fuel economy compared to current offerings, and the powerplants will eventually migrate to other models in Honda's lineup.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/20/2...-dreams-power/
Old 08-20-12, 08:44 PM
GSteg
Rookie

So when are they suppose to give us engine specs... I mean the car is ready to roll out of the plant and onto dealership parking lots.
Old 08-20-12, 09:21 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
So when are they suppose to give us engine specs... I mean the car is ready to roll out of the plant and onto dealership parking lots.
V6 specs are here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/01/h...-engines-cvts/
Old 08-20-12, 10:28 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Yea I saw that, but what will the actual rating be for the Accord? Link says Pilot will get 310hp or so... who knows if the Accord will get a detuned version.
Old 08-20-12, 11:09 PM
doublehh03
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSteg
The secrecy for the Accord is pretty crazy, esp. so close to hitting the dealerships.
Old 08-21-12, 08:06 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I hope Honda has done their homework and developed this new engine with DI engine that is not prone too carbon buildup after a certain number of miles.

DI engines with both port and direct fuel injection seem to not have this problem (IS350, ISF) and cars with only direct injection seem to have carbon build up and hesitation issues (IS250).

I really hope Honda does not have any carbon build up and hesitation issues in their new DI engine lineup.

Anyone know if the new 4 cylinder engine is DI only??
Old 08-21-12, 08:58 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Old 08-21-12, 09:25 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Other than the rims the car looks pretty good. Go Honda. I really don't care for the current design. I sense a little hate! ha ha Now bring back the S2000.
Old 08-21-12, 09:35 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

IMO, it's just an "OK" design, which at least is better than ugly like numerous Honda's are.

It seems like a combination of numerous designs, as others have pointed out. Mainly a mix of the outgoing Accord with Genesis and Sonata thrown in.

So for me, not a big fan and would never be on my shopping list. Just as with the new Altima - not bad, but is ruined for me because of a few odd lines/details.

The Camry [SE] is better looking than either car. And of course, the '13 Fusion is far and away the best styling in class.
Old 08-21-12, 10:00 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Tetsuo Iwamura, President and CEO of American Honda, told us that he's been surprised by the Crosstour crossover's slow sales:

I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but if you remember, Mike, I said a long time ago (when I reviewed both the Crosstour and TSX Sportwagon), that both of them, IMO, had major style and marketing problems. The Crosstour had the right mechanicals (V6 option, AWD, raised-suspension, etc....), but they packaged it with that silly droop-rear roofline that screwed up the rear visibility and cargo-space. In contrast, they gave the TSX Sportwagon a proper, good-looking and functional wagon body, but then screwed up royally on its mechanicals.....no AWD, V6, or raised-suspension. Go figure.....

And then they wonder why neither one is selling.............. ........although, to be fair, one of my neighbors did buy a Black-on Black Crosstour.
Old 08-21-12, 11:23 AM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

This is by far the best looking Accord after the fifth generation. In my opinion it is better looking than all the new competitors including the upcoming Ford Fusion and Nissan Altima, only Kia Optima could top it. Don't know about the 14' Mazda 6 yet. This mid size family sedan segment is getting more and more competitive.

Quick Reply: 2013 Honda Accord