Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Honda Accord

Old 06-10-12, 06:36 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
correct me if i'm wrong, didn't Acura use the RLX on the rebranded Isuzu Trooper suv of the 90s? maybe something else but RLX does sound familiar.
It was the SLX. Wow, this thing is rare, Haven't seen one in years.

Old 06-10-12, 09:43 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The Accord is going to sell no matter what. Its clear with the craptastic Civic people will snap up Honda's if the incentives go up and overlook the better competition. So no sense even arguing about the Accord its going to sell.
Replace accord and civic with camry, corolla and yaris, same thing.
Old 06-10-12, 10:24 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
The Yaris is damn good, the Corolla is 100 years old and we know the Camry isn't omg incredible but it's not omg crappy either.

So in your haste to crap on Toyota again the parallel isn't accurate.

Old 06-10-12, 11:37 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormwind
LOL at all those camos they put on...like they feel the need to protect the stolen design that they boot-leg from other brands.
What designs do you think Honda steal and boot-leg from other brands? Most Honda and Acura vehicles have their own pretty distinctive styling and don't really look like anything else on the road-Civic, Accord, CRZ, Pilot, CRV, Fit, Ridgeline, Odyssey, TL, TSX, MDX, RDX, ZDX, etc, I don't see them copying other brands or cars at all. That may be why they get criticized by some for styling because they don't copy and have their own styling, I am sure many wish Honda would copy Aston Martin, Ferrari, Jaguar, etc.

In reality who doesn't copy or borrow at least a little or a lot from other car designs these days or in the past, Toyota, Hyundia, KIA, are just as guilty if not more then Honda if you think Honda copies.
Old 06-10-12, 12:04 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

The reason people [smartly] buy these Toyota's and Honda's up in droves, regardless of whether a Hyundai or Ford or whoever else may offer more features, better styling, better warranty, better driving dynamics, or what have you is because of Toyota and Honda's bullet proof reliable reputation. But besides that Toyota and Honda generally stack up very well as an overall package even if they lack in some areas.

If I'm buying a a car today it's going to be a Camry. Many continue to scratch their heads as to why the Camry is consistently the best seller while coming across boring to enthusiasts. I could give a dozen reasons why I'd buy it over the seemingly more exciting Sonata and even over the stunning 2013 Fusion.
Old 06-11-12, 07:44 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
correct me if i'm wrong, didn't Acura use the RLX on the rebranded Isuzu Trooper suv of the 90s? maybe something else but RLX does sound familiar.
That was the Acura SLX
Old 06-11-12, 07:50 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RufRidn
Looks like they got rid of those ugly tail lights finally.
to subsitute with BMW e46 look alikes?
Old 06-11-12, 07:54 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
It was the SLX. Wow, this thing is rare, Haven't seen one in years.

Wasn't that the ISUZU Trooper that Honda rebadged, they even rebadged the ISUZU Rodeo as the Honda Passport.
Old 06-11-12, 11:31 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
Wasn't that the ISUZU Trooper that Honda rebadged, they even rebadged the ISUZU Rodeo as the Honda Passport.
That's right (but Acura got the Trooper)--and Isuzu got a rebadged 1st Gen Odyssey out of the deal.
Old 06-11-12, 06:58 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

The Accord is going to sell no matter what. Its clear with the craptastic Civic people will snap up Honda's if the incentives go up and overlook the better competition. So no sense even arguing about the Accord its going to sell.
The Yaris is damn good, the Corolla is 100 years old and we know the Camry isn't omg incredible but it's not omg crappy either. So in your haste to crap on Toyota again the parallel isn't accurate.
you crapped on honda, i just meant that just like you said honda will sell no matter what, so does toyota. you crap on honda, and i don't see how toyota is any better, but perhaps you think it is because it sells better? toyota and honda are bit like chevy and ford - each has its fans. then there's upstart nissan, that i believe actually now makes better mainstream products than both toyota and honda. maybe you disagree, which is fine.

although i have to say if you think the yaris is 'damn good', wow, i want some of what you're ingesting. maybe great for blind midgets who won't mind the interior i guess...
Old 06-11-12, 07:13 PM
LexFather

you crapped on honda, i just meant that just like you said honda will sell no matter what, so does toyota. you crap on honda, and i don't see how toyota is any better, but perhaps you think it is because it sells better? toyota and honda are bit like chevy and ford - each has its fans. then there's upstart nissan, that i believe actually now makes better mainstream products than both toyota and honda. maybe you disagree, which is fine.

although i have to say if you think the yaris is 'damn good', wow, i want some of what you're ingesting. maybe great for blind midgets who won't mind the interior i guess...
Actually I crapped on the Civic like most people have and how most of the media has. I actually reviewed the Accord and gave it rave reviews and I still think its a very solid car. There is no reason for me to believe Honda won't make another solid Accord but I also don't have this unrealistic expectation too many fans are having that Honda's great 1990s run is going to happen again. The competition is too good, too crowded and Honda is way to complacent.

You seem to try to bunch Toyota in with Honda for whatever reasons but the two brands are nowhere close right now. The FRS is the newest proof of that.

Old 06-11-12, 09:03 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

You seem to try to bunch Toyota in with Honda for whatever reasons but the two brands are nowhere close right now. The FRS is the newest proof of that.
honda is of course a much smaller company than toyota and just doesn't have the resources to do as many things, but of course having said that they had an s2000 in the past when toyota had NOTHING sporty, but yes, right now toyota has the nice frs, and honda has left the sports stage.

the two companies are not that similar, except as i said, they both have their mainstream vehicles like accord/camry and civic/corolla and both do well. while toyota has frs, its suvs/cuvs aren't so great right now (aging weak rav4) wheras honda is of course selling scads of crv's.

but you're right, now much point in comparing further, and we agree that the new accord is likely to do very well.
Old 06-12-12, 07:15 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

I'm so utterly underwhelmed by the Camry that I expect the Accord to be a better car that it sight unseen. But then again this segment will soon be full of outstanding cars from Altima to Fusion.
Old 06-12-12, 01:15 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

honda is of course a much smaller company than toyota and just doesn't have the resources to do as many things, but of course having said that they had an s2000 in the past when toyota had NOTHING sporty, but yes, right now toyota has the nice frs, and honda has left the sports stage.

the two companies are not that similar, except as i said, they both have their mainstream vehicles like accord/camry and civic/corolla and both do well. while toyota has frs, its suvs/cuvs aren't so great right now (aging weak rav4) wheras honda is of course selling scads of crv's.

but you're right, now much point in comparing further, and we agree that the new accord is likely to do very well.
Honda is BIG. They are in motorcycle, marine, robot, home equipment and other industries too. While Toyota owns 17% of Yamaha. Honda motorcycle is 100% owned by Honda corp. They are far more successful in producing motorcycles than Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki. Go to any Asia countries, and look at their motorcycle sales.
Honda corp. have sportier, more badass CBR600RR and CBR1000RR. We doesn't really need to compare the fun you get from a motorcycle to a car, right?
Honda car seems to lose focus on producing fun cars here in the US, but Europe has Civic Type R and Mugen CR-Z. However, we always get well equipped and full packaged car for lower price here in the US. I expect Accord to be more solid than its competitors (maybe pretty close to the new Altima).
Old 06-12-12, 02:27 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedflex
I'm so utterly underwhelmed by the Camry that I expect the Accord to be a better car that it sight unseen. But then again this segment will soon be full of outstanding cars from Altima to Fusion.
Yet the Camry sold 33% more than the 2nd place Accord last month. It has beaten most competitors in comparison tests. It looks better than the new Altima, which actually has some odd wavy lines and proportions - kinda surprised at all the love over it. The Camry's interior is also better IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Honda Accord