Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I'm a bit unhappy with my Lexus service dept today

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-12, 01:17 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
The amount of material they shave off the rotor is so minute that it's not going to affect how fast they may or may not warp a second time. Manufacturer's stamp the amount of thickness a rotor must have in order to be used safely.

Make sure your rims are free of debris and you should also loosen and re-tighten and torgue your lug nuts (according to spec) if you want some more confidence that your rotors will last. Often the wheels are the most prevalent cause of rotor warping.

they are making them lighter and thinner these days, they are going to be more prone to warping but also pretty preventable with some maintenance.

Not sure it's any cause to be unhappy with your service, they didn't do anything different than anyone else would've told you imo.
Thanks for the info.
Assuming the dealer tech did go the 76 lbs,I know I should check the torque again in around 50 miles.
Old 06-05-12, 01:25 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Just picked up the ES and the braking is smooth.All 4 rotors were cut to make sure all rotors were true.
Sounds good. Hopefully that will take care of the problem for a long time.
Old 06-05-12, 01:40 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Joeb,, glad to hear the resurfaced rotors are working out for you. And don't get me started on your dealer. BTW, forgot to mention, mine comped the front rotors about 30K miles later. Nothing like being spoiled rotten
Old 06-05-12, 01:47 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Joeb,, glad to hear the resurfaced rotors are working out for you. And don't get me started on your dealer. BTW, forgot to mention, mine comped the front rotors about 30K miles later. Nothing like being spoiled rotten
It's got to be because you're a '10'.
Old 06-05-12, 03:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by excluesive
How many times will you share the same info in your posts? We read it the first time. I'm sure you told the service manager the same thing 5 times like he couldn't hear you either.
Wait until you go through a bad experience at your dealership. It will **** you off, especially when you were getting good service for so long. We are hear to support and help one another.
Old 06-06-12, 07:22 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by meowCat
What's the need for making such *** statements???? This is one of the reasons why I don't come to CLUBLEXUS forum anymore....
funny, seems like you're still here.

it has gone down hill a big time. It's the people ruining the forum..
thank you for the '*** statement' running down the entire moderator team here, or maybe that isn't what you meant.

I brought my hot *** '11 F-Sport IS350 in to the lexus service dept. The car has only 3000 miles on it. Lexus lady came to greet me. I said I want just an oil changed (oil filter too of course), no need to wash (cause I have superman custom job with clear bra and the car is retarded clean in and out) and DON'T mess with my tire pressure.....

After an hour I was told the car is ready. I looked in the invoice and says the first 5000 mile service has been performed, at no cost. This means tire rotation has been done too. I don't want tire rotation. I don't need them to check on anything else. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I asked for oil change and the Lexus service rep didn't follow my cool direction.

This is pretty ghey.....
wow, high opinion of yourself much? dealers see a LOT of customers. an initial 'oil change' to them is the complementary first 5k service afaik. if they didn't wash the car or change the tire pressures like you requested, but YOU didn't say "don't rotate the tires" then i don't have a problem with what they did.
Old 06-06-12, 07:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
The amount of material they shave off the rotor is so minute that it's not going to affect how fast they may or may not warp a second time.
Originally Posted by RX_330
Not really, not at the speeds and conditions under normal driving. It'll be barely noticeable.
^^ these and i'd say it won't be noticeable at all, only better.

i see joeb went ahead and got the resurfacing done and all is well. great.

as for this happening at 2k mi., it could happen at 2 mi. it just depends on how the car is driven. i was never that impressed with lexus rotors or pads (squeals, fade, warpage). on my gs400 i got stoptech fronts which were of course unbelievable, but i also replaced with non-oem on rear and on my rx.