Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C&D: Why Honda Is In Even More Trouble Than You Think [Deep Thoughts]

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-12, 09:47 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Uneducated ?
Just average?

Well,until I get burnt,I'll buy a Honda product.
The Civic has 101k miles and has been bulletproof.Just routine maintenance.My son uses it and he's far from easy on a vehicle.
Had Accords in the past and they were great cars.
The only thing I have against Honda/Acura is the line has more road noise and a rougher ride to go along with the better handling than Toyota/Lexus vehicles smoother,quieter ride but less handling.
I prefer the smooth and quiet ride in sedans and large SUVs and am happy to give up some handling.
Joeb makes some excellent points here.

I agree that newer Hondas have some styling and material-cheapening problems, but they still keep customers coming back to them for their excellent build and assembly-quality....IMO some of the best in the buisness. If you buy almost any Honda product new, your chances of getting a lemon are very low. Customers notice that.......reliability is one of the major factors in many car-buying decisions.
Old 06-05-12, 09:56 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
I'm sure Honda knows what's going wrong, but they seem completely disinterested in taking steps to actually fix what is wrong
i agree with you to some degree

the typical japanese corporate culture is very stubborn and resistant to changes
Old 06-05-12, 10:46 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
i agree with you to some degree

the typical japanese corporate culture is very stubborn and resistant to changes
That's ok b/c it's their loss.
Smart consumers will move on to other brands then
Old 06-05-12, 02:17 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Joeb makes some excellent points here.

I agree that newer Hondas have some styling and material-cheapening problems, but they still keep customers coming back to them for their excellent build and assembly-quality....IMO some of the best in the buisness. If you buy almost any Honda product new, your chances of getting a lemon are very low. Customers notice that.......reliability is one of the major factors in many car-buying decisions.
The problem is Joeb is a dying breed. Honda used to make great vehicles. Now, Honda makes reliable boxes that future generations won't care about.

Hyundai is the new Honda. It's sad but true.
Old 06-05-12, 02:24 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1
The problem is Joeb is a dying breed. Honda used to make great vehicles. Now, Honda makes reliable boxes that future generations won't care about.

Hyundai is the new Honda. It's sad but true.

You may be right.
I'm curious to see what the '13 Accord will look like.
Although,like the Camry it won't make a difference if it's nice or not,it will sell.I wouldn't buy it if it's ugly like the Camry and I've owned 3 Camry(s).
Old 06-05-12, 02:31 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Honda isn't going anywhere. A look at the May sales thread shows it. IMO just the normal ebb and flow of the new car business. All brands go through it and the strong ones emerge and keep going.
Old 06-05-12, 02:33 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Honda isn't going anywhere. A look at the May sales thread shows it. IMO just the normal ebb and flow of the new car business. All brands go through it and the strong ones emerge and keep going.

That makes sense to me...