Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What if Lexus made a sub RX LUV based off of RAV4?

Old 08-20-12, 09:24 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Makes you wonder what's to come in Paris next month.
Old 08-20-12, 10:26 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LUV ???

Little Utility Vehicle ?
Old 08-20-12, 05:41 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What's really interesting is that we haven't seen any spy shots yet... so maybe just a concept version instead of the production model?

Jim Lentz, Toyota USA President said this to Wards:

And he promises several more new Lexus products will be introduced at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit next January.
The IS for sure and maybe the production model of the CX if only a concept is shown at Paris?
Old 08-21-12, 12:38 AM
bagyo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's nice and all, but Lexus should concentrate on making their IS and GS coupes first before extending their model line up. Also they really need focus more on their "REAL F" performance car line up, as of this date all they really have is the ISF and the unattainable LFA. The Fsport options are all fine and dandy but what about the real performance Lexus's, not just body kitted suspension tweaked regular ho-hum Lexus's.
Old 08-21-12, 01:48 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bagyo
It's nice and all, but Lexus should concentrate on making their IS and GS coupes first before extending their model line up. Also they really need focus more on their "REAL F" performance car line up, as of this date all they really have is the ISF and the unattainable LFA. The Fsport options are all fine and dandy but what about the real performance Lexus's, not just body kitted suspension tweaked regular ho-hum Lexus's.
However, I believe Rav4 based CUV will be a much bigger seller than "real F".
Old 08-21-12, 02:34 AM
LexFather

Coupes are very close

It doesn't have to be either/or

Old 08-21-12, 12:08 PM
LTownsend
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LTownsend
Well to add my 2cents worth - I have been a Lexus driver for many years. I am now at a point that the RX350 is too large and the CT200h is too small.

I currently have GX450 that is ready for trade and if Lexus doesn't have a CX300H available - it's bye-bye Lexus and hello to another manufacturer who has their finger on the pulse of where my demographic is looking for.
Follow up:

Went to BMW to test drive the X1 the other day. Really nice ride, just the size I want for my daily drive. Don't like the way BMW prices its cars everything ala carte. The entry price was great then you add in amenities and its the price of an RX - WTH??? No availability - two cars in stock. Checked the "boat" and still not the color combo I wanted. Would have to special order - 6 weeks out. Not waiting for that - not worth the effort.

Bit the bullet and got a CT200H yesterday. Traded in my husband's '08 GX - loved the car hated the mileage. Too big for us now that we are a two person household.

Got a Fire Agate Pearl, Premium - with Sadle nubuck interior- upgraded premium audio and Z2 package. No one in the southern region had one with NAV (which I really wanted) - was #$%^ about that.

Getting tinted and pinned on Thursday. Really compact from my usual drive RX 350 (my husband has that one now).

Ordered the all weather mats and cargo tray - should be here Thursday.
Old 08-21-12, 02:28 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

^^ congrats. certainly way different than an x1! so you got one with nav or not?
Old 08-21-12, 08:26 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I am really looking forward to this small cuv and the ISh. 2 models i may be very interested in...
Old 08-22-12, 09:45 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Follow up:

Went to BMW to test drive the X1 the other day. Really nice ride, just the size I want for my daily drive. Don't like the way BMW prices its cars everything ala carte. The entry price was great then you add in amenities and its the price of an RX - WTH??? No availability - two cars in stock. Checked the "boat" and still not the color combo I wanted. Would have to special order - 6 weeks out. Not waiting for that - not worth the effort.

Bit the bullet and got a CT200H yesterday. Traded in my husband's '08 GX - loved the car hated the mileage. Too big for us now that we are a two person household.

Got a Fire Agate Pearl, Premium - with Sadle nubuck interior- upgraded premium audio and Z2 package. No one in the southern region had one with NAV (which I really wanted) - was #$%^ about that.

Getting tinted and pinned on Thursday. Really compact from my usual drive RX 350 (my husband has that one now).

that's exactly what I told my friend when we went to test drive and he was about to buy one. Don't every pay 46k+ for x1...what a waste of junk for the price.
Old 08-22-12, 09:50 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909

Makes you wonder what's to come in Paris next month.
Now I can skip my RX deal and wait for this...
Old 08-27-12, 08:20 AM
LTownsend
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shaolin
that's exactly what I told my friend when we went to test drive and he was about to buy one. Don't every pay 46k+ for x1...what a waste of junk for the price.
AMEN to that!
Old 08-27-12, 08:40 AM
LTownsend
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
^^ congrats. certainly way different than an x1! so you got one with nav or not?
Without NAV. There were none available in the Southern Region and I would have had to pay $$$ to have it shipped here.

Upgrading my phone to a phablet soon, Galaxy Note II, will use that instead for NAV.
Old 08-27-12, 08:45 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Went to BMW to test drive the X1 the other day.

Congratulations. A CT200H won't have quite the versatility, interior room, or bad-weather traction of an AWD X1, but it has a heck of a lot better paint-job than lower-line BMWs, is better-built, likely to be more reliable, and, of course, will stretch out your gas-dollars a lot more.
Old 08-27-12, 12:59 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Follow up:

Congrats on purchasing the CT 200h. You'll enjoy the MPG's. Since you're a two person household the CT will be fine for the both of you. Happy driving...come and visit the CT 200h forum. There are many members from all over the U.S and in foreign countries as well...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What if Lexus made a sub RX LUV based off of RAV4?