Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What if Lexus made a sub RX LUV based off of RAV4?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-12, 12:20 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexuslvr91
If you are inferring that the Rav4 has better reliability than the X3(I don't know where the X1 reference comes from or the Q3 for that matter...) then you are correct but no Toyota product has a better AWD system than Audi's 40:60 quattro. How do you know an IS based crossover wouldn't have sufficient space anyway?
Better AWD system? Look how the last generation RDX with SH-AWD did. Acura has one of the best AWD system (beat anything VW and Audi in snow), yet RDX sales can't even compare with RX sales. Having a sophisticate AWD system doesn't mean a company can sell it car well.
Old 06-03-12, 09:09 AM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cino
Better AWD system? Look how the last generation RDX with SH-AWD did. Acura has one of the best AWD system (beat anything VW and Audi in snow), yet RDX sales can't even compare with RX sales. Having a sophisticate AWD system doesn't mean a company can sell it car well.
No where has there been any info to suggest Acura's AWD system out performs Audis and I challenge you to find such information. The RDX was a POS that's why that didn't sell.The RDX can't even compare to the MDXs sales so again your point?
Old 06-03-12, 12:05 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexuslvr91
No where has there been any info to suggest Acura's AWD system out performs Audis and I challenge you to find such information. The RDX was a POS that's why that didn't sell.The RDX can't even compare to the MDXs sales so again your point?
Don't they have SH-AWD? Why one sells really well, and one didn't sell? Because AWD is not a factor for one to buy a SUV.

You can either go to youtube or google for review online. Well, you don't have to since a thousand videos still can't make you think Quattro is not better.
Old 06-08-12, 04:33 AM
Dunraven77
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I'm counting on a CX 300h based on the CT or RAV4 rumor mills out there. I love my RXh but I do want a smaller CUV with even better mileage to go alongside my CT.

In speaking with my Lexus Sales Rep a couple months back, he said he "knows about the CX rumor, that the outlook is good, and to stay tuned over the next 12 months". My gut tells me if not by end of 2012, but by a spring 2013 release as a 2014 model.

This is my breakdown of the the launch of 9 new or updated models to be released this year (plus 3 F-sport variants), as announced by Lexus Execs in Jan '12:

1. '13 GS
2. '13 RX
3. '13 LX
4. '13 ES
5. '13/'14 LS
6. '13/'14 IS
7. '13/'14 CT (300h) ?
8. '14 IS Coupe/Convertible ??
9. '13 or '14 CX???

Now if Lexus considers hybrid versions as new separate models, we may be in trouble as this number hits 9 perfectly as well as the 3 F-Sport from the GS, RX, and LS model lineups:

1. '13 GS (new) (F-Sport)
2. '13 GSh (new)
3. '13 RX (refreshed) (F-Sport)
4. '13 RXh (refreshed)
5. '13 LX (refreshed)
6. '13 ES (new)
7. '13 ESh (new)
8. '13/'14 LS (new?) (F-Sport)
9. '13/'14 LSh (new ?)

Hoping for the first scenario. Fingers crossed.
Unfortunately I think your second scenario is correct.

The current IS is being produced until March 2013 so won't be released until mid next year.

The smaller SUV is expected in 2014, and no plan for larger engine CT that I've heard of this year.
Old 06-10-12, 10:33 AM
LexFather

The vehicle will be more Evoque style than small cuv style from my understanding.

Old 06-10-12, 12:34 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The vehicle will be more Evoque style than small cuv style from my understanding.
I would be very happy if it is! Can't wait to see this thing one day...!
Old 06-10-12, 01:50 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes something along the lines of the Evoque would be awesome.
Old 06-10-12, 08:09 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed. Spindle-ized, L-Finesse V2-ed Evoqueish CUV with a solid hybrid powertrain would be absolutely perfect.
Old 06-11-12, 05:21 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

A Lexus Evoque? No thanks! The Evoque is the perfect example of form over function, more style than substance. What is the use of a car that you cannot see out of?
Old 06-11-12, 05:29 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Sulu
A Lexus Evoque? No thanks! The Evoque is the perfect example of form over function, more style than substance. What is the use of a car that you cannot see out of?
Well so far it's the fastest selling Range in their history and they can't build enough. It's also good looking to most people and helping with their image even as its an entry level model. They did it right this is no Infinti EX.

Old 06-11-12, 09:18 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Too much or bring it?
What on earth is a "LUV"?
Old 06-11-12, 09:41 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luxury Utility Vehicle, I think.
Old 06-11-12, 11:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well so far it's the fastest selling Range in their history and they can't build enough. It's also good looking to most people and helping with their image even as its an entry level model. They did it right this is no Infinti EX.
Have you sat in (or test-driven) an Evoque, Mike? I looked at a couple of them at the D.C. Auto Show last January and was generally not impressed.

I agree that the Infiniti EX has a few faults (generally in the suspension, rear-styling, and too-small rear-seat/cargo area). But it is well-built, uses nice materials, is reliable (something most Land-Rover products can't say), and has a plush interior.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-11-12 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-11-12, 07:17 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Have you sat in (or test-driven) an Evoque, Mike? I looked at a couple of them at the D.C. Auto Show last January and was generally not impressed.

I agree that the Infiniti EX has a few faults (generally in the suspension, rear-styling, and too-small rear-seat/cargo area). But it is well-built, uses nice materials, is reliable (something most Land-Rover products can't say), and has a plush interior.
Have't test driven but sat/inspected. The Evoque has character in spades, it is so original and IMO felt pretty well built to me. Not a fan of the Ford engine but they got to cut costs I guess. The EX is well built I agree but just a ridiculous proposition of a vehicle.

The Evoque looks the part, its hip, its chic yet still blends traditional Range cues. The EX looks like Ronald Mcdonalds shoe melted in the sun and has no image/prestige compared to the range.

And I don't care how silly some people on the internet say it is, spending 40k on a small SUV image means a lot.

Old 06-11-12, 11:47 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Motor
What on earth is a "LUV"?
Luxury Utility Vehicle. Lexus talk.

Quick Reply: What if Lexus made a sub RX LUV based off of RAV4?