Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Elite Of Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-12, 05:53 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Elite Of Lexus?

I noticed today that the dealership where I bought my previous Lexus is no longer a Lexus Elite dealer.

How does a dealership loose this designation and I wonder what and how long it takes to get it back? Also wonder if it costs them any sales or service business, or if most customers don't notice.
Old 04-20-12, 06:25 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

iirc only Elite Lexus dealers can order an LFA
Old 04-20-12, 09:08 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I noticed today that the dealership where I bought my previous Lexus is no longer a Lexus Elite dealer.

How does a dealership loose this designation and I wonder what and how long it takes to get it back? Also wonder if it costs them any sales or service business, or if most customers don't notice.
That's interesting. I wonder if it's a combination of sales and customer feedback. Maybe the dealer had a high number of complaints? How has your overall experience been there? It could be base on sales alone. The Lexus dealer where I bought my ES from was taken over by a Japanese investment group, sales have been slow. I wonder if they are still Elite?......
Old 04-20-12, 10:02 PM
zmisst
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which are the lexus elite dealers?
Old 04-20-12, 10:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

How do they display this. Is there some type of plaque or display advertising the fact that they are one of the elite dealerships
Old 04-20-12, 11:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
iirc only Elite Lexus dealers can order an LFA
i thought all lfa orders are through corporate directly
Old 04-21-12, 02:09 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This about sums it up...

The Elite of Lexus Are Leaders

This is a special award given to Dealers who excel at sales, service and overall Owner support. We are proud to be recipients of this year's "Elite of Lexus" award.

Elite of Lexus dealers are chosen based on:

Customer feedback from surveys rating owner satisfaction, sales and service as extremely exceptional.

Dealership exceeding rigorous Lexus operational and certification standards.

http://www.bredemannlexusglenview.com/CorpInfo
So it looks like if customer satisfaction responses dip below a certain level and/or the dealership doesn't exceed the standards of what Lexus has determined a dealership should be...the award is not given.

Complete list of the current "Elite of Lexus" dealerships:
http://www.lexus.com/dealers/elite_dealers.html

Old 04-21-12, 05:51 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexPaul
That's interesting. I wonder if it's a combination of sales and customer feedback. Maybe the dealer had a high number of complaints? How has your overall experience been there? It could be base on sales alone. The Lexus dealer where I bought my ES from was taken over by a Japanese investment group, sales have been slow. I wonder if they are still Elite?......
When I bought my previous car the sales experience was about what you'd expect. Nothing bad, haggling over the price of the car and then the trade-in, but overall OK.

Service experience was good, no compliants although I was fortunate to not need any warranty or service bulletin work while I owned the car, just routine service .

As Killa's post showed most likely poor customer feedback might have hurt them, It's a very nice facility built new a little over 4 years ago and ownership is the same.
Old 04-21-12, 05:53 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of these types of "awards" are just about meaningless. I'd expect the word "elite" to mean exactly that. Instead almost 80% of all US Lexus dealers apparently have that "honor" based on the link above. Being in the top 80% doesn't make you "elite" in my book.

FWIW... the other automakers have the same issue with their similar programs.

To the OP: That's a bad sign if the dealership ends up in the lower 20% of all dealers.
Old 04-21-12, 06:26 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
Most of these types of "awards" are just about meaningless. I'd expect the word "elite" to mean exactly that. Instead almost 80% of all US Lexus dealers apparently have that "honor" based on the link above. Being in the top 80% doesn't make you "elite" in my book.
There are 4 Lexus dealerships in the DFW, TX area and all 4 have that award. Doesn't make one better than the other. Now if only 1 or 2 dealers can get it out of 4, then we're talking.
Old 04-21-12, 07:13 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

To the OP: That's a bad sign if the dealership ends up in the lower 20% of all dealers.
That was my thought too.
Old 04-21-12, 09:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
That was my thought too.
lol that's pretty much what i took away from the first post as well.

i don't really care about those in the elite list, coz' there are so many so it's pretty pointless to me. but those who are not on the list, they must be very bad
Old 04-21-12, 09:55 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, to consumers, this award is pretty much meaningless. To the dealer, however, you can't imagine how coveted this award is. It is the exact same thing as Toyota's President's Award, and dealers work very, very, hard to obtain or keep the award. Most Elite dealers will do almost anything to keep from losing their Elite status, so in a way, the consumer benefits in the end.
Old 04-21-12, 10:04 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
How do they display this. Is there some type of plaque or display advertising the fact that they are one of the elite dealerships

Old 04-21-12, 10:08 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

So from what it sounds like, the award is not on a curve at all. Meaning every dealer in a region could hold it. What would it do for customer service if a dealership was graded relative to other dealers in his region? Now you would have dealers competing harder to be the best in customer service, so the customer wins.

Quick Reply: Elite Of Lexus?