Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Elite Of Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-12, 10:23 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I just got an ad from the dealership in question for an oil change and tire rotation for $59 (synthetic extra). Maybe the service business is a little slow.
Old 04-21-12, 11:54 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its probably a good tool Corporate Lexus to regulate the franchises. Basically elite is equlivalent to standard and not elite is bad. Really makes you wonder what type of shenanigans have to go on for them to not be elite?
Old 04-21-12, 05:16 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt Lexus corporate wants their Lexus dealerships to be competing with each other for business, hence why most of the dealerships qualify for the award. I definitely think it says something about the few dealerships that don't make the list, and not in a good way.

I think it should also be stated that Lexus service (in general) is still far and above what most other dealerships, even many of the "Luxury" brands, offer. So I'd speculate that should you compare their ratings to other dealerships, probably 80% (or more) of the Lexus dealerships would appear to be "Elite" in relation.
Old 04-21-12, 08:36 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Lol, I don't buy cars from dealerships :P

But you do have a point.
Old 04-22-12, 02:54 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO, shouldn't all Lexus dealers operate at this level? Its this what made them what they are in the first place?
Old 04-22-12, 04:14 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
IMO, shouldn't all Lexus dealers operate at this level? Its this what made them what they are in the first place?
qft. 'elite' sounds so 'elitist' and snooty

how about just giving dealers who do an awesome job an award like "Great Service Award" rather than 'elite'?
Old 04-22-12, 04:49 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To get Elite of Lexus status the dealership need to get a score of 95 or above on customer satisfaction index or CSI survey throughout the year. If 10000 customer get those surveys and 500 of them not happy and the average dip below 95 % the dealership lost the elite status for a year.
What's mean to the dealership? Lexus can play game with that dealership from reducing on new cars allocation, parts inventory, warranty claims and so on.
Old 04-22-12, 05:36 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by VVT-i
To get Elite of Lexus status the dealership need to get a score of 95 or above on customer satisfaction index or CSI survey throughout the year. If 10000 customer get those surveys and 500 of them not happy and the average dip below 95 % the dealership lost the elite status for a year.
What's mean to the dealership? Lexus can play game with that dealership from reducing on new cars allocation, parts inventory, warranty claims and so on.
I'll have to keep an eye on the dealership in question, to see if they get back on to the list. I'm not sure how long they've been without the designation.
Old 04-23-12, 12:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

does that mean everyone who graduates from MIT and harvard is super bright?
Old 04-23-12, 08:24 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
In short yes!! At least thats what they want you believe.... I have a cousin who actually turned down Harvard because they only gave him a scholarship to a program that he wasn't interest in. But if he wasn't interested in the status more in what he wanted to do as a career. However the standard to get into those schools are higher, to weed out the dummies. Or in some cases if your family donated to the school or had been alumni there, your in dummy or not. So in short... yes...
Old 04-23-12, 09:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
In short yes!! At least thats what they want you believe.... I have a cousin who actually turned down Harvard because they only gave him a scholarship to a program that he wasn't interest in. But if he wasn't interested in the status more in what he wanted to do as a career. However the standard to get into those schools are higher, to weed out the dummies. Or in some cases if your family donated to the school or had been alumni there, your in dummy or not. So in short... yes...
in short, no in reality. unfortunately i have seen graduates from both schools and they are less than impressive, they couldn't even get offers. with "elite", higher expectations and such is good and makes sense, but that doesn't make all of them elite by default. for all i care they are probably still better than a lot of "others" out there, that's where it ends
Old 04-23-12, 09:39 AM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Well be being bright is not a requirement to graduate form MIT or Harvard. Nor is it a prerequisite for any future job or social status in the world but If you do hold degrees from those institutions i can almost guarantee you are consider very smart and among the best in terms of academic prowess.

My point was to say that, imo, i believed all Lexus dealers were operating at above the "standard" level of service and that in order to operate as a Lexus dealer, all of these goals will be and had to be met. As far as sales no one can predict but the elite service and other things should go hand and hand with all Lexus colleges...ooops i mean dealers imo.
Old 04-23-12, 09:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Well be being bright is not a requirement to graduate form MIT or Harvard. Nor is it a prerequisite for any future job or social status in the world but If you do hold degrees from those institutions i can almost guarantee you are consider very smart and among the best in terms of academic prowess.

My point was to say that, imo, i believed all Lexus dealers were operating at above the "standard" level of service and that in order to operate as a Lexus dealer, all of these goals will be and had to be met. As far as sales no one can predict but the elite service and other things should go hand and hand with all Lexus colleges...ooops i mean dealers imo.
well although some lexus dealerships are part of elite of lexus, but i won't be surprised if their service is still above industry standard. i have seen a lot of exceptional service stories by lexus dealerships
Old 04-23-12, 03:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I just had a nightmare experience at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ. They are the worst service department I have ever come across. I watched the sharp decline in quality over the last 2 years. They used to be great
My brother went to Harvard college and Harvard Law School and he is brilliant ( They call elite double Harvard graduates THE H BOMB ). They dont take idiots at Harvard unless there is some legacy thing going on and your parents donate like crazy.
Old 04-23-12, 06:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by VVT-i
sounds good.... everyone SHOULD be Elite basically. If they are not, it is black mark.

Quick Reply: Elite Of Lexus?