Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ward's selects the 10 best interiors of 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-12, 10:35 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
When a deer decided to jump in front of my car a year ago, I was given a Caliber loaner. After a week I couldn't stand it, and took it back for another car a Cobalt which while not leaps and bounds better, drove and seemed better put together. Almost cried when I got my car back, I missed her
Check out a Chevy Cruze interior and you will easily forget both the Cobalt and Caliber.

Old 04-17-12, 07:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i lol'ed
Exactly....maybe the thread title is wrong? Hoovey?

Old 04-17-12, 08:46 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's getting very predictable around here. If it has a spot for a Tomoco/Lexus product it's right on. If it it does't it has no credibility.
Old 04-17-12, 09:14 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

The hyundia interiors don't look bad, but my favorite is the infiniti otu of those. I like simple interiors though with some wood and leather. One of my favorites is still the 05-06 es330 and the g550
Old 04-18-12, 04:15 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Agreed. I don't now how any serious car reviewer can consider the Caliber (or its brother Jeep Compass) a good interior.
Not just good, Wards ranked it 10 best. There's something wrong there.
Old 04-18-12, 06:06 AM
HalDayzed
Driver School Candidate

The new GS interior is stunning in real life. Some people have complained about the looks of the interior, especially with the matte wood trim. However, once you see it, and touch the materials, I think many people would change their opinions. The interior, especially in the caramel leather is stunning.
Old 04-18-12, 06:12 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Among the cars on the list I can only agree with the Accent, compared to it's competition not bad, Infiniti JX35 and the Mazda CX-5(interior far better than the RAV4 or CR-V) too bad it's more cramped though.
Old 04-18-12, 06:55 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by speedflex
It's getting very predictable around here. If it has a spot for a Tomoco/Lexus product it's right on. If it it does't it has no credibility.
The points about the GS are legitimate, its been hailed as one of the best interiors around. Even so I did not look at the list and think "Omg no Toyota/Lexus". I looked at the list and saw a bunch of clown choices and I could pick better interiors and still not include Toyota/Lexus.

OMG Lexus owners support Lexus on a Lexus site. Oh noes U know I read FA for a sec to see what they said about the M finishing last and the beating the brand is taking in comparisons and of course they are defensive. They should be on their forum.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-18-12 at 07:02 AM.

Old 04-18-12, 07:10 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The points about the GS are legitimate, its been hailed as one of the best interiors around. Even so I did not look at the list and think "Omg no Toyota/Lexus". I looked at the list and saw a bunch of clown choices and I could pick better interiors and still not include Toyota/Lexus.

OMG Lexus owners support Lexus on a Lexus site. Oh noes U know I read FA for a sec to see what they said about the M finishing last and the beating the brand is taking in comparisons and of course they are defensive. They should be on their forum.
That's the thing about fan forums - loss of objectivity and the ability to be able to accept defeat while giving credit where credit is due. Being a fan of a brand doesn't have to mean being dyed in the wool. As to Ward's list, they went by their own criteria and this is what they came up with.
Old 04-18-12, 07:14 AM
LexFather

That's the thing about fan forums - loss of objectivity and the ability to be able to accept defeat while giving credit where credit is due. Being a fan of a brand doesn't have to mean being dyed in the wool. As to Ward's list, they went by their own criteria and this is what they came up with.
In this case only 2 people mentioned the GS? The other comments were about the list itself with no commentary about Lexus/Toyota not being included. In my opinion this list is horrific with some real WTF choices. Its their list and their choice(s). I wouldn't begin to name some of those cars. No BMW? No Benz? Jaguar?

Ward's says 40 vehicles qualified for the competition by having "new or significantly improved interiors," and while 13 of those were luxury vehicles,
I would love to see the 40 vehicles. If they were 40 crap vehicles this list makes sense.

Old 04-18-12, 09:37 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

I would love to see the 40 vehicles. If they were 40 crap vehicles this list makes sense.

I find it somewhat amazing that the criteria they list are:
Other criteria used by WardsAuto editors in scoring and ranking all 40 nominated interiors are ergonomics, safety, material selection, overall value and aesthetics. In addition, judges rated each interior’s human-machine interface in determining how effectively vehicle information is communicated to the driver.
I know that I don't agree with Sonic by a long shot (nor do others that you would expect to be GM friendly).

It might be more interesting if they released their rankings for each criteria by model considered. In the mean time trust yourself. Go sit in one and judge the interior yourself. You might be surprised by how often you may not agree with the "experts".
Old 04-18-12, 09:54 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not saying that those interiors aren't nice but they are def not the BEST of 2012. But as many have mentioned the criteria that the judges are awarding the vechicles may not be the same I would. So I have to respectfully disagree with them once again.
Old 04-18-12, 12:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

As to Ward's list, they went by their own marketing sponsors criteria and this is what they came up with.
... fixed.
Old 04-18-12, 01:29 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Exactly....maybe the thread title is wrong? Hoovey?
swear I had nothing to do with it Mike! posting news as I see it
Old 04-19-12, 02:22 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would like to know their criteria.