Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes techs taking C63 AMG Coupe Black Series for joyride caught on video

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-12, 01:32 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Mercedes techs taking C63 AMG Coupe Black Series for joyride caught on video

Mercedes techs taking C63 AMG Coupe Black Series for joyride caught on video

The Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe Black Series is a whole lotta car. Not only is the name a mouthful, but the 510-horsepower German rocket can be a handful too, well, in the wrong hands. This wouldn't be the first time we've seen techs or valets getting their kicks behind the wheel of a vehicle that doesn't belong to them, but it seems some employees at one Ottawa-area dealer didn't get the memo.

Our tipster claims that a couple rogue techs at a dealership called Star Motors (formerly Carling Motors) decided to take out one of the 30 existing Black Series in Canada for a joyride. While we agree that some test drives of performance cars should be spirited to find performance-related problems, it's pretty clear these guys just wanted some kicks behind the wheel of this $115,000+ Autobahn assassin.

For over eight minutes they negotiate the streets of Ottawa near the Hunt Club Road dealership, breaking all kinds of laws, risking property and injury in the process. The police would gladly impound this Black Series for some of these speeds, and MB enthusiasts would gladly slap these guys in the face for redlining the motor for so long.

Why any tech would post this on YouTube is beyond us, as they're are only asking to be fired. The Internet has moved in for some e-justice and MBWorld.com has been set ablaze with nasty comments on the matter. Not only did they identify the location of the dealership, they have also sent the video, the original of which was removed from YouTube but then re-uploaded by a forum member, to Mercedes-Benz Canada HQ and are hard at work trying to find the possible owner to show him what's been done to his car pre-delivery.

VIDEO and SOURCE
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/13/m...r-joyride-cau/

Last edited by Hoovey689; 04-13-12 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-13-12, 01:34 PM
Hoovey689

Yikes again

Last edited by Hoovey689; 04-13-12 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-13-12, 03:00 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ohhhhh time to log into mbworld.org
Old 04-13-12, 03:03 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Wow... Guess those techs figured it was a "perk" of their job. Why anyone would post their crime online as it is so easy to figure who and where it was done is beyond me. Whatever negative consequences come with their action is well derserved. They could never afford to replace the car, so why then risk it? I don't get people these days....
Old 04-13-12, 04:14 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Lacking brain power. They probably posted on FB and MS as well.
Old 04-13-12, 07:32 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those 2 people joy riding in the BS should be fired and be prosecuted by law, that specific dealer should be fined by MB for their lack of managment. Seriously
Old 04-13-12, 08:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Im not saying what they did was ok , but that could have been a lot worse. They were trying to speed in a town with all one and 2 lane roads. They really didnt have a chance to even really push the car or do any real damage.
Old 04-13-12, 08:41 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Im not saying what they did was ok , but that could have been a lot worse. They were trying to speed in a town with all one and 2 lane roads. They really didnt have a chance to even really push the car or do any real damage.
Very true... however as you know things could have gone wrong quick, hence why what they did is not company policy. So their employment being terminated is I believe a fitting punishment. The criminal charges... I would say might be a bit excessive because the weren't caught in the act of the crime. While I believe the video is legit I personally have a hard time charging people without witnesses and evidence other than youtube videos, especially in this case with the nature of the crime. If the owner of the vechicle wants to persue them in civil court, more power to them. But as some have said that the dealership should be fined... that excessive in this case because how would the dealership know? If they saw the video and knew who did it and did nothing then yes I would agree. But just because it happened doesn't mean the dealership could have prevented it. Im not a fan of the dealerships but fair is fair.
Old 04-13-12, 08:43 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

They should be fired but in the end they were not even 40% of what that car could have done. They didnt even get it o the freeway. Most likely it wasnt even over 60-70 mph. I think they should be terminated and the owner can and probably will take it up with the dealership , BUT he is lucky it wasnt worse.
Old 04-14-12, 06:57 AM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

That was actually pretty tame. Autoblog described it as if these guys were breaking laws.

But yeah, I'd be angry if someone took my cars out for a joy ride. Thankfully I own slow cars that nobody wants to drive!
Old 04-14-12, 07:17 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

when i was looking for S4 with a buddy (10 years ago), dealer drove the car for us and gave it such a beating that we would never imagine buying that particular car :-)

talking about 80-100mph in residential street and breaking all 4 tires loose in local roundabout (you can imagine the speed when it was S4).
Old 04-15-12, 03:09 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

too many people in america wanting to get others being fired from their jobs. what is up with that?
Old 04-15-12, 03:55 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
too many people in america wanting to get others being fired from their jobs. what is up with that?
as an outsider, i noticed that... i cant understand it at all... people have lives, kids, families.
Old 04-15-12, 04:32 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by STIG
makes them feel better about their own sucky selves
Old 04-15-12, 09:08 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Interesting, I know of several dealers who lock and key the high priced cars until they have a confirmed buyer, how they just took this out for a joyride is kinda odd, a $115,000 for a car you want it with 0-5 miles

Quick Reply: Mercedes techs taking C63 AMG Coupe Black Series for joyride caught on video