Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

US Pricing for 2013 BMW M5, M6, and 6 Series Gran Coupe; X1 Introduced to US

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-12, 01:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default US Pricing for 2013 BMW M5, M6, and 6 Series Gran Coupe; X1 Introduced to US

BMW released bunch of info about the M5/M6, X1, etc...

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671398
2013 BMW M5 (F10) U.S. Pricing Announced at $90,695

On the occasion of the 2012 New York International Auto Show (NYIAS), BMW has announced U.S. pricing for the 2013 BMW M5.

Including destination and handling, the all-new BMW M5 is priced at $90,695. Preliminary options/standard equipment info has been POSTED HERE.

Compared to the last U.S. M5 price (2010 E60 M5) of $85,700, that's a price increase of 'only' $5,000 or 5.8%. Some other markets saw bigger price increases (UK, Germany) while the price for the M5 in Canada is even lower than for the outgoing model.

As we reported before, BMW has decided to wait for the 2013 BMW M5 and skip the 2012 model year. As production for the 2013 models will start in July 2012, we expect the first M5 models to hit U.S. dealer showroom floors in September. There are no details yet on the changes for the 2013 M5 model year, but BMW has told us to expect more information on the 2013 changes in mid-May.

As we just learned, the ordering guide comes out within 2 weeks and ordering starts on April 23.

European Delivery will be offered and is expected to be available starting in August. A focused driving program is being developed at Performance Driving School in Spartanburg to provide maximum time behind the wheel of the new M5.

And if you've been cut off from the internet in the past months, BMW describes the F10 M5 as "the eagerly anticipated M5 and M6 models are all powered by the most powerful engine ever fitted in a series-produced model from BMW M GmbH – a high revving 560 hp M TwinPower Turbo V-8 mated to a high torque 7-speed M-Double Clutch transmission (M-DCT). It is all connected to an innovative Active M Differential which optimizes power transfer between the rear wheels ensuring the engine’s performance is transferred to the ground. The new engine produces around 10% higher output than the V10 engine of its predecessors and torque is up by over 30%. At the same time, real world fuel consumption and CO2 are expected to be reduced by approximately 30%."
Old 04-04-12, 02:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671469

BMW M6 Price Announced - M6 Coupe $106,995 / M6 Convertible $113,995

On the occasion of the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS), BMW has announced U.S. pricing for the 2013 BMW M6 Coupe and the 2012 BMW M6 Convertible.

[clear]Including destination and handling, the all-new BMW M6 Coupe and BMW M6 Convertible will carry a MSRP of $106,995 and $113,995, respectively.

Compared to the last U.S. price (2010 M6 models) of $102,350 and $108,150 respectively, that's a price increase of $4,600 or 4.5% for the M6 Coupe and $5,800 or 5.4% for the M6 Convertible.

The 2012 M6 Convertible will be first to hit US showroom floors in June with the 2013 M6 Coupe to follow in September (just as with the M5, production of the M6 Coupe starts in July 2012).

Here's a summary of the M6 coupe and convertible in the words of BMW -- "the eagerly anticipated M5 and M6 models are all powered by the most powerful engine ever fitted in a series-produced model from BMW M GmbH – a high revving 560 hp M TwinPower Turbo V-8 mated to a high torque 7-speed M-Double Clutch transmission (M-DCT). It is all connected to an innovative Active M Differential which optimizes power transfer between the rear wheels ensuring the engine’s performance is transferred to the ground. The new engine produces around 10% higher output than the V10 engine of its predecessors and torque is up by over 30%. At the same time, real world fuel consumption and CO2 are expected to be reduced by approximately 30%."
Old 04-04-12, 02:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671470

2013 6 Series Gran Coupe Pricing Announced for 640i, 650i, 650i xDrive

On the occasion of the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS), BMW today announced U.S. pricing for the 2013 BMW 640i Gran Coupe, the 2013 650i Gran Coupe, and the 2013 650i xDrive Gran Coupe.

Including destination and handling, the all-new BMW 640i Gran Coupe will carry a MSRP of $76,895. The BMW 650i Gran Coupe and the 650i xDrive Gran Coupe will be priced at $87,395 and $90,395 respectively.

The 2013 640i Gran Coupe will go on sale in late June with the 650i Gran Coupe and the 650i xDrive Gran Coupe to follow in September.

In BMW's words, "the BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe is a new 4-door, 4+1 seat addition to the 6 Series line that combines the stunning proportions, design and driving dynamics of the 6 Series Coupe with interior room and amenities for up to five passengers. Harmonious proportions, precise lines and sleekly contoured surfaces give the BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe the unique ability to satisfy the driver who wants a luxurious and sporty coupe yet needs a car capable of carrying four adults in comfort and luxury."
Old 04-04-12, 02:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670781

tons of pics in the above link

Official: US Gets BMW X1 - sDrive28i and xDrive35i Start at $31,545 and $39,345

Summary:

- X1 arrives in Fall, in LCI updated form
- sDrive28i (240hp, RWD, starts at $31,545)
- xDrive28i (240hp, AWD, starts at $33,245)
- xDrive35i (300hp, AWD, starts at $39,345)
- Will debut at 2012 NYIAS this week
[clear]

The BMW X1: The U.S. Now Gets its First Sub-Compact Premium SAV.

The Globally Successful BMW X1 comes to the US in the Fall 2012.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – April 4th 2012.[/B] Having demonstrated that it is the perfect blend sports sedan-like driving dynamics and SUV utility in markets around the world, the BMW X1 is setting out to conquer the US. The talented Sport Activity Vehicle of the premium compact segment will make its US market debut armed with state-of-the-art powertrain technology, innovative features, selective design modifications and extensive interior refinements. The new 2013 BMW X1 celebrates its US premiere at the New York International Auto Show and will arrive in authorized BMW Centers in the fall of 2012 starting at an MSRP of $31,545 (including $895 Destination and Handling).

The smallest BMW X model – produced at BMW Plant Leipzig – will take the leap across the pond with a renewed spring in its step, the result of a carefully judged honing of its core qualities. The design of the BMW X1 body now provides an even more intense expression of the vehicle’s muscular presence, contemporary allure and versatile sporting capability. Its interior includes newly designed surfaces, more polished controls and high-quality touches exuding the exclusive premium ambience of a compact BMW X model.

The BMW X1 has adopted a pioneering role among its premium class rivals in its current markets – and a repeat performance in the US is expected. Blending the versatility and robustness of a BMW X model with a high level of agility and compact exterior dimensions, the X1 has set new standards from the word go. Powerful engines with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology and a broad spectrum of BMW EfficientDynamics technologies fitted as standard worldwide give the new BMW X1 the tools to further increase its lead over the competition in terms of sporting ability and efficiency.

Design: new touches to sharpen its contemporary looks and enhance its versatility and sporting flair.
Typical BMW proportions, expressive, vibrant surfaces and signature BMW X model design cues shape the appearance of the BMW X1. A sweeping hood, long wheelbase and set-back passenger compartment emphasize the vehicle’s dynamic talent, while attractive light and shade effects hint at its inherent agility. The versatility and robustness of a BMW X model are reflected in elements such as the black edging at the lower edge of the body and wide wheel arches.

When viewed from the front, the powerful stance of the new BMW X1 on the road and its aura of quality are now accentuated with even greater intensity. A larger number of surfaces painted in body color highlight the vehicle’s enhanced elegance. The path of the vehicle’s lines, which converge on the license plate mount from either side of the BMW kidney and forge outwards in the lower section of the bumper, is borrowed from BMW X models in higher vehicle segments. The newly designed headlights allow a detailed view of the advanced light technology within. And a chrome-coated accent strip now cuts across the top of the twin circular headlights. Meanwhile, an LED accent light – included as part of the optional xenon light package, complete with LED light rings for the daytime driving lights – provides the classic BMW focused look.

The distinctive profile of the X1 is defined by a main character line that rises steadily to the rear of the vehicle while another line visually extends the contours of the side window surrounds as it flows towards the rear. The pronounced side skirts – that are a signature feature of BMW X models and the powerfully bulging wheel arches add sporting flair. Finally, the turn signal indicators are now integrated into the newly designed exterior mirrors.

The premium feel of the new BMW X1 is also underlined at the rear by the new subdivision of fascia, bumper and undertray, with the repositioned reflectors now also bordered by surfaces painted in body color. As a result, the black elements are slimmer, while the silver-colored undertray has a more striking surface structure.

Interior: precise lines, high-quality materials, sophisticated color scheme.
The modifications to the design of the new BMW X1 interior create an even more vivid showcase of the sporty driving pleasure, cutting-edge versatility and premium feel this vehicle provides. The side of the center console angled towards the driver is now shallower, spotlighting the driver-focused nature of the cockpit design.

High-quality electroplated trim surrounding for the gearshift lever and center console cupholders, a chrome strip for the headlight switch and chrome touches for the side edging of the Control Display – when the optional navigation system is specified – all add the finishing touches to the interior’s premium feel. Plus, the air vent surrounds are given a high-gloss black surface.

The BMW X1: more sporting and efficient than ever.
The variants of the BMW X1 offered in the US market will be powered by BMW TwinPower Turbo gas engines. This package of technology consists of twin-scroll turbocharging, High Precision Direct Petrol Injection, VALVETRONIC variable valve timing and Double-Vanos variable camshaft control. In both the award-winning 6-cylinder inline engine under the hood of the BMW X1 xDrive35i – developing 300 hp – and the 240 hp 4-cylinder engine powering the BMW X1 sDrive28i and BMW X1 xDrive28i ensure instantaneous power delivery, impressive acceleration and exceptional efficiency.

Both engines are paired with an automatic gearbox and extensive BMW EfficientDynamics technology. Features including the Auto Start-Stop function (28i only), Brake Energy Regeneration and demand-based operation of ancillary units all help to achieve a blend of performance and fuel economy unique in the market.

The BMW X1 sDrive28i with customary BMW rear-wheel drive and the all-wheel-drive xDrive35i will be offered exclusively in the US market. The intelligent all-wheel drive of the BMW X1 xDrive35i and BMW X1 xDrive28i varies the distribution of drive between the front and rear wheels, as required. This electronically controlled power distribution ensures optimum traction and unbeatable directional stability in all weather and road conditions, as well as noticeably sportier responses through dynamically taken corners.

The BMW X1 sDrive28i, the X1 xDrive28i and the X1 xDrive35i will retail for $31,545, $33,245 and $39,345 respectively (including $895 Destination and Handling).[/miscbox]

** Click images for hi-res versions **

** Click images for hi-res versions **
Old 04-04-12, 02:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

given the starting price of m5, seems like there should be plenty of room for lexus to make a good gsf
Old 04-04-12, 05:37 PM
LexFather

I find the M5 pricing VERY reasonable. The others not so much. Very aggressive with the M5. Now if they could get rid of the fake engine sounds

Old 04-04-12, 06:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i also thikn 90k starting price for m5 is "reasonable". my guess is a loaded one would be around 106k, compared to 100k on e60.

m6 though, i think it's a bit too crazy
Old 04-04-12, 08:26 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

wonder how much the X1 will cut into X3 sales. both can be had with the 3.0L Turbo
Old 04-04-12, 11:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
wonder how much the X1 will cut into X3 sales. both can be had with the 3.0L Turbo
well if people don't think the es will eat into gs sales, i don't see how x1 will eat into x3.

in reality, i think it will ding on it a bit but not too bad. kind of the same as 1 series on 3 (coupe)
Old 04-05-12, 01:14 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The X1 is the 1st bimmer that I think looks cheap on the inside. I mean just look at that gap between the center console stack and the lower part...Seriously?? All I wantz is a M6
Old 04-05-12, 01:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by adamls2
The X1 is the 1st bimmer that I think looks cheap on the inside. I mean just look at that gap between the center console stack and the lower part...Seriously?? All I wantz is a M6
i don't know, even the e9x 3 series i wasn't that impressed with the interior already?
Old 04-05-12, 01:53 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't know, even the e9x 3 series i wasn't that impressed with the interior already?
your not the only one. Interior was bland and not worthy of its price tag. IS always had the better interior