Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Sienna SE + Vossen =

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-13, 12:48 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What suspension most of these vans on?
That last one looks bagged. I assumed coil overs when checking out the video. Isn't that a rough ride for the kiddie hauler?
Links to this? Thanks !
Old 04-27-13, 12:55 AM
MX5
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Airbags give a smooth ride, but yeah a more traditional drop would not be the ideal ride quality for family hauler duty. You'd also have to go back to box stock to ever sell it....
Old 05-02-13, 12:42 AM
cape97
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a short vid of the van convoy for the NORCAL wagons meet
Old 05-02-13, 01:42 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The soccer daddy brigade!^^^
Old 05-02-13, 02:26 AM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Cool van!

The kids would love going to school everyday!!
Old 05-02-13, 08:57 AM
cape97
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 96SC4
What suspension most of these vans on?
That last one looks bagged. I assumed coil overs when checking out the video. Isn't that a rough ride for the kiddie hauler?
Links to this? Thanks !
hahaha thanks guys!!! the meet was awesome! anyway, yes we're all running static right now with megan coilovers, but we're in the process of all moving to airbags one by one so in 2 months time all 8 siennas and 2 odys will all be running bags... Should be quite an epic view!!
Old 05-02-13, 09:30 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Awesome video cape.
That's with a go pro 2 right?

Looks like you can burn your leg with the muffler sticking on that older odyssey

Originally Posted by cape97
hahaha thanks guys!!! the meet was awesome! anyway, yes we're all running static right now with megan coilovers, but we're in the process of all moving to airbags one by one so in 2 months time all 8 siennas and 2 odys will all be running bags... Should be quite an epic view!!
That's nuts
Old 05-02-13, 10:18 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I just put a deposit down on a brand new 2013 Sienna limited !!!!! Very excited. Its like a Lexus van with all of the features. These vans are so versatile, extremely well designed, and so comfortable. I have already spoken to the wife about wheels for the Sienna and she says "hell no". I will work on that. I think a set of Vossen CV2s would look amazing on a white Sienna. No way in hell I'm dropping a van though. I have seen the Vossen vans on the sienna chat forum and most of the owners are dropped on Megan coil overs. I think a set of 20s at stock height will look great !!
Old 05-02-13, 03:38 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

^ No, it won't. 20's on a Sienna won't look right unless it's dropped at least an inch. At least the Limited doesn't have the same low overhang as the SE. Besides, all non SE Siennas would benefit from a suspension upgrade.
Old 05-03-13, 10:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pvmike1
^ No, it won't. 20's on a Sienna won't look right unless it's dropped at least an inch. At least the Limited doesn't have the same low overhang as the SE. Besides, all non SE Siennas would benefit from a suspension upgrade.
Bottom line is that it will look MUCH better than the stock 18s
Old 05-04-13, 09:06 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love that video! I did see some coverage of that wagon meet, looked like fun! Can't wait to see all of these vans on AIR!
Old 05-04-13, 12:16 PM
MX5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I just put a deposit down on a brand new 2013 Sienna limited !!!!! Very excited. Its like a Lexus van with all of the features. These vans are so versatile, extremely well designed, and so comfortable. I have already spoken to the wife about wheels for the Sienna and she says "hell no". I will work on that. I think a set of Vossen CV2s would look amazing on a white Sienna. No way in hell I'm dropping a van though. I have seen the Vossen vans on the sienna chat forum and most of the owners are dropped on Megan coil overs. I think a set of 20s at stock height will look great !!
Congrats - they are great vehicles. Limited is what, $45k or close to it? Ouch. I searched a long time for ours, to get the specific stuff I wanted but nothing more. It was an LE but had been custom ordered with alloy wheels, 8 seats, rear wing, remote doors, and most important to me: the JBL audio system with center channel and giant sub
Old 05-04-13, 07:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks buddy. Just picked her up this morning. Spent all day detailing, polishing, and waxing. The sticker was $46,500 but we got it for a thousand below invoice. I love this thing. Never knew how comfortable these things are. Its awesome that I can ride it the back and totally stretch my legs when sitting in the third row. After buying one I really don't see why anyone would go for an SUV considering that 99% will never see any off road use
Old 05-04-13, 07:48 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Those lowered vans look like handicap vans that kneel. Where is the wheelchair ramp - side or back?
Old 05-05-13, 05:10 PM
MX5
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Thanks buddy. Just picked her up this morning. Spent all day detailing, polishing, and waxing. The sticker was $46,500 but we got it for a thousand below invoice. I love this thing. Never knew how comfortable these things are. Its awesome that I can ride it the back and totally stretch my legs when sitting in the third row. After buying one I really don't see why anyone would go for an SUV considering that 99% will never see any off road use
Post pics!

As for the SUV argument, no minivan will tow the kind of boat i WANT to get - in fact it will be a stretch even for my Suburban. Also, once you load in 7 people there is a lot more cargo space than any minivan.

Quick Reply: Toyota Sienna SE + Vossen =