Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hyundai Tops in Owner Loyalty

Old 02-13-12, 05:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
This this this. It is not possible to be pushing out new models so fast, and have them be of high quality and having good long-term reliability, especially not in 4 years like they did with the Sonata. Toyota tried to push out models quickly years ago and it led to a number of various issues on many models. We have already seen some of this on the new Kia and Hyundai models. Some of them have a whole range of issues.
but but but isn't toyota/lexus pushing out 20 odd new models in the next 2 years?
Old 02-13-12, 10:11 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by T0ked
The 2011 Tucson my gf has is rock solid and we would get another one in a heartbeat. It was a better deal than any other CUV out there, more standard features, and great warranty. Not a single issue so far. I don't get the advertised mpg, but it gets close enough (I haven't hit the advertised mpg in any of my vehicles). If they offer us an incentive for a newer one, I would seriously consider it. Whether people like it or not, they are becoming a serious player.
Here's one of the voices of actual-experience. Those most qualified to comment on Hyunda- owner-satisfaction are probably Hyundai owners themselves.

Having said that, though, from my impressions as a car-reviewer, some features of the very-latest Hyundai products don't impress me quite as much as in the recent past. I thought that, with most Hyundai products, sheet-metal quality, overall interior/exterior styling, and ride-comfort all reached their peaks with the last-generation, and the new ones are a little less-impressive overall. Styling on the new Tuscon, Sonata and Elantra, in particular, IMO, has dropped with the latest-versions.......it is much too swoopy and space-ship-like.
Old 04-03-12, 11:08 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
but but but isn't toyota/lexus pushing out 20 odd new models in the next 2 years?
That is not by choice of course. The earthquake last year, as well as the floods in Thailand heavily delayed certain model introductions, and forced Toyota to be introducing a huge number of products closely together. Keep in mind many of Toyota's new products are already overdue and delayed. Several of the product debuts we're seeing this year were supposed to have debuted last year. Toyota isn't rushing anything; they're doing the opposite of Hyundai. Toyota took their time on their new models, but the huge natural disasters in Asia last year delayed some of Toyota's products, as well as the products of the other Japanese brands.
Old 04-03-12, 11:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Whatever they are doing its working. I cant remember any car company other than Lexus that seemed to increase in popularity and notoriety so quickly. It just seems like they came outta no where and now they are everywhere
Old 04-03-12, 11:47 PM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Whatever they are doing its working. I cant remember any car company other than Lexus that seemed to increase in popularity and notoriety so quickly. It just seems like they came outta no where and now they are everywhere
Yes, we are like a plague and we're not going anywhere anytime soon.