Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This is the 2013 Ford Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-12, 10:51 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
What's wrong with Ford using an Aston-type grille? They OWNED Aston for many years.

A far bigger hit to Aston's image, IMO, is them selling the Cygnet........a redone Scion iQ minicar. Not that there's necesarily anything wrong with the iQ (I haven't had a chance to review one, but it is supposedly much better than its Smart-for-Two competition). But you don't expect a maker of super-expensive sport/GT-cars to be producing something in this size/price-class.

Nothing is wrong with the Aston grille. I'm just wondering how much we'd be liking the car with or without it. The grille seems to be garnering much of spotlight.
Old 01-09-12, 11:20 PM
VIPG35
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front grill looks like a aston martin and the rear tailights off a maserati.
Old 01-10-12, 12:09 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

really clean interior design
really hard to believe ive fallen in love with Ford
but i have with this car
Old 01-10-12, 06:44 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It looks better than then new MKZ, IMO. Ford's stying has improved, but I feel their build and materials quality is still lagging. I noticed that when looking at the new Focus last year and F150s recently: poorly attached trim, power features like mirrors that don't function, very poor quality fabric in the XLT F150, sloppy welds on the doors, etc. They are probably OK cars to lease and return before the warranty expires. I feel that Toyota products have a much higher quality feel to them, albeit with staid styling.
Old 01-10-12, 08:43 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A fantastic improvement to an already superb vehicle. Interestingly, this vehicle is not limited to an American audience with a new model but in fact the Fusion and Mondeo will now become with one all because of this new model.

Superb job here Ford
Old 01-10-12, 01:52 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Pretty smart of Ford to downsize the current 2.5L engine in the hybrid to a 2.0L to get the best mileage possible while keeping the resulting output of 180hp more than adequate. At 47/44mpg the new Fusion Hybrid soundly beats the new Camry Hybrid's 43/39mpg and the plug-in version's 100+MPGe will beat the Prius Plug-in's 87MPGe. Well done Ford. Keep the competition coming!
Old 01-10-12, 02:08 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Amazing that the 2012 Camry Hybrid numbers impressed us greatly, and in just a couple of months, Ford introduces their Camry fighter and blows those numbers out of the water. Toyota must be scratching their heads right now. Ironically, you can bet that the Camry hybrid may have been purposely held back on efficiency in order to not impede the Prius brand. If Toyota really wanted numbers like the new Fusion hybrid, you know they could've achieved them.
Old 01-10-12, 02:12 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
Amazing that the 2012 Camry Hybrid numbers impressed us greatly, and in just a couple of months, Ford introduces their Camry fighter and blows those numbers out of the water. Toyota must be scratching their heads right now. Ironically, you can bet that the Camry hybrid may have been purposely held back on efficiency in order to not impede the Prius brand. If Toyota really wanted numbers like the new Fusion hybrid, you know they could've achieved them.
Like I mentioned, the main reason why the new Fusion Hybrid gets better mileage than the Camry Hybrid is because of the smaller but still adequate engine. The Camry Hybrid can run like a 3.0L V6 while the new Fusion Hybrid will feel more like a 2.5L. Ultimately the consumers will decide if they are willing to trade a bit of performance for the extra mileage.
Old 01-10-12, 02:54 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
Like I mentioned, the main reason why the new Fusion Hybrid gets better mileage than the Camry Hybrid is because of the smaller but still adequate engine. The Camry Hybrid can run like a 3.0L V6 while the new Fusion Hybrid will feel more like a 2.5L. Ultimately the consumers will decide if they are willing to trade a bit of performance for the extra mileage.
The Camry Hybrid at 7.6 0-60 is no slouch. Its Sonata Hybrid competitor does the deed in 9.5. For what its worth the Camry will probably downsize its engine eventually
Old 01-10-12, 04:15 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm just glad it looks better than the new Camry....damn I hate that car....
Old 01-11-12, 07:49 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw the Fusion in person. All I can say is that if I was in the market for this size of car, it would be no contest. I would buy Fusion over Camry without hesitation.
Old 01-13-12, 11:36 AM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Wow. This new Fusion looks awesome. The hybrid is simply amazing! The Camry better keep an eye out over its shoulder.
Old 07-29-12, 07:21 AM
weezer
Rookie

How do you guys think the reliability will be since this fusion will be on a different platform then the last gen? Very interested in this car, but 13 years of Toyota/Lexus/Kia(2012 Optima) has me a little gunshy buying a Ford product. This should be hitting the lots in the next couple months, can't wait to test drive one. Reliability is the biggest question mark in my mind. The white platinum titanium model looks stunning.
Old 07-29-12, 08:43 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by weezer
How do you guys think the reliability will be since this fusion will be on a different platform then the last gen? Very interested in this car, but 13 years of Toyota/Lexus/Kia(2012 Optima) has me a little gunshy buying a Ford product. This should be hitting the lots in the next couple months, can't wait to test drive one. Reliability is the biggest question mark in my mind. The white platinum titanium model looks stunning.
Most automakers have been on a turn around in reliability since 2006. Ford has made great strides. I really don't have any doubt on this model either. Sure its a new model, but kinks are common with first gen model doesn't matter the automaker. Just look at the 2006 IS250/350. If anything, wait for the 14' model
Old 07-29-12, 08:50 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Most automakers have been on a turn around in reliability since 2006. Ford has made great strides. I really don't have any doubt on this model either. Sure its a new model, but kinks are common with first gen model doesn't matter the automaker. Just look at the 2006 IS250/350. If anything, wait for the 14' model
Ford has already delayed 2013 Fusion few months to fix quality issues :-)

Quick Reply: This is the 2013 Ford Fusion