Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Possibly my greatest Lexus weekend is going down staring Friday...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-11, 07:11 PM
Squirrelz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350jet
Please fill us in and I'll do my part!

Shadow is going the wrong way on the goat. Look at the shadow of the LFA.
Old 10-14-11, 06:47 AM
LexFather

THE WEEKEND IS HERE BABY!!!

Whoo hooo!!!

Old 10-14-11, 06:49 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Im sure all you guys will have a wonderful time !!!
Old 10-14-11, 07:52 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

See you at the PURSUIT!!
Old 10-14-11, 08:57 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

I'm so happy for you and look forward to pictures by you and the rest of the CL team at the meet. I don't mean to be Debbie Downer but I won't be able to attend thanx to some idiot rear ending me a few weeks ago on Buford Highway and Lenox Rd. My car is still in the shop, so I'm stuck with this sexy Chevy Impala rental.
Old 10-14-11, 09:02 PM
LexFather

Exclamation

Lexus corporate & Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett (big thanks to Hugh Robb, Frank Mullin & Joe Gaunt) have come through BIG TIME.....

The week has been amazingly hectic yet beautiful....tomorrow's meet is going to be amazing and I knew I wouldn't get that "alone" time with the GS & LFA so we rushed tonight and Hennessy stayed late for us to arrive...thank you.

I was skeptical but I can only imagine how this new GS will look lowered with some 20" Vossen Concave wheels.. The front end is so much better in person, so aggresive, I love it. The interior is really 4-5 steps up over mine. It was posted here that Lexus is actually aiming for some LS buyers with this GS and it shows. The interior is truly world class.

I am 6" 5 and the interior is far roomier, the leg room up front is amazing. The 18 way seats are amazing. The materials used are top rate. The 18 cubic foot trunk is out of this world, I could not even reach the back with my hand.

The wood is superb and I noticed the seatbelts are black contrasting against the beautiful saddle leather. Oh, yes its saddle and beautiful. The LED lighting is brighter inside and the welcome LEDs along the doors are awesome.

It is not the most daring vehicle from the side or rear but it speaks class and like every GS, will age very well. It is much more upright and more like a mini LS.

Overall my wife loved it and I was quite smitten, was expecting to be disappointed but came away seeing the vast potential for this vehicle. Oh and I opened the engine bay and there is TONS of room for a V-8 (cough cough Lexus, cough cough)

Funny but I've been in a GS for 11 years now...she is a familiar friend & I am happy I was fortunate enough to get to be with the new generation one on one. I am sure the people tomorrow will love it.
Attached Thumbnails Possibly my greatest Lexus weekend is going down staring Friday...-1sick20132.jpg   Possibly my greatest Lexus weekend is going down staring Friday...-vossen3.jpg   Possibly my greatest Lexus weekend is going down staring Friday...-4.jpg  

Old 10-14-11, 09:44 PM
LexFather

Meet shirts...

The front has a smaller Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett symbol on the front. They are the ones 99% responsible for the shirts, I just added my 2 cents at the end. They came up with the design and everything and they look great with a good weight to the shirt. Also thanks to Banks, Finley & White CPAs for purchasing additional shirts to pass out.

You can see most of the sponsors on the shirt, Vossen is giving a $400 rebate to a lucky winner at the meet!!

Old 10-14-11, 09:56 PM
LexFather

Smile

I also can't say but Vossen might have a giant huge surprise with VIP Auto Salon on Sunday at the "Pursuit" meet. So a lot of hard work was put there but not mentioned until now and that is all I can say except thanks to Ryan (Flipside808) for once again being a great lead liaison.

Like I said...this weekend is like no other...

I also spoke to our long time leader and Admin, DaveGS4 today and was flattered by the short write-up in the announcement I saw today. I will likely start a thread on my thoughts after ten years of being a moderator here when I have time next week. Thanks to Dave and the entire moderator team, old & new.

As for Vossen, I can't think of a more dedicated team of people in the business. Completely supportive and 100% about the customer. As you can see Jav and the team have been completely 100% behind increasing support of the Lexus scene and community. We have done TWO free wheel give-aways for Lexus owners here and for the Pursuit meet in 3 months. Who else does that? Vossen is also doing the same for other brands/makes & in other cities/countries which is simply incredible. All the hard work is well worth it when you see the energy and support of the people. When an issue arises, the team is proactive & tries first to satisfy the customer instead of blaming the customer. The energy and effort into the photos and videos is incredible. Big thanks to Atlanta Wheels for helping with the wheel stand being set up tomorrow and to Need for Speed out in L.A for setting up the Vossen area at the Pursuit meet.

I'll try to keep this thread live so you can be with me the entire weekend. Thank you.

Old 10-14-11, 10:25 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for the pictures of the 4GS and the LFA. Looks great.

You are one busy crazy *****. I remember one year you were going to drive here to the west coast for a meet but that didn't materialize and this Sunday you're finally going to make it to one of the largest meets ever. Look forward to meeting you in person.

I just washed and waxed my CTh today for Sunday. Couldn't do it tomorrow since I'll be busy for most of the day.

That's awesome that a CPA firm was one of the sponsors to your meet there in GA.
Old 10-14-11, 10:27 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Great stuff Thanx for bringing us there with you. Do enjoy your day tomorrow.
Old 10-14-11, 10:32 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what an experience
Old 10-15-11, 09:05 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

This sounds like an awesome experience!
Old 10-15-11, 12:25 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More pictures! I am so jealous you get to see the new GS!
Old 10-15-11, 01:28 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Will be nice to meet Sick after all these years. Wasn't sure if I'd make this meet but want to see some of the peeps this meet draws out.
Old 10-16-11, 04:25 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our meet in Atlanta today was beyond a huge success for us...93 cars signed up....2 LFAs, 2013 GS and hanging with old buds & meeting new Lexus enthusiasts. Met a regional officer from Lexus (Aaron) who supported our efforts. great guy. A beautiful young lady won the $400 Vossen Wheels rebate.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...es-thread.html

More to come soon on that meet...

Literally left and drove to the airport, had dinner with the wife, texted Ryan/Glenn I was on the way....slept about 2 hrs on the plane..arrived in LAX safely, best landing I think I've ever had.....

CT F sport and IS F sport pulls up Thats what I'm talking about...then a VIP Lexus LS 430 meets us for late dinner....these guys literally hopped out the car and we all greeted one another..finally got to meet these guys in person! Rode with Ryan in the CT F sport and they took me to "The Pantry" to eat, a L.A staple..drove me around...went and some some Lexus things I can't speak on and at the hotel...

For me its 7:30am but here its 4:30 am....it kind of just hit me

The PURSUIT meet tomorrow and someone wins a FREE SET OF VOSSEN VVS 084 WHEELS
Attached Thumbnails Possibly my greatest Lexus weekend is going down staring Friday...-3.jpg   Possibly my greatest Lexus weekend is going down staring Friday...-5.jpg   Possibly my greatest Lexus weekend is going down staring Friday...-11.jpg   Possibly my greatest Lexus weekend is going down staring Friday...-1.jpg   Possibly my greatest Lexus weekend is going down staring Friday...-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Possibly my greatest Lexus weekend is going down staring Friday...