Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW reveals 335-horsepower ActiveHybrid 5 Series

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-11, 07:58 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Are you seriously saying you would not have been more excited if Lexus had instead of the LFA, launched a 911 beater priced at GTR level?

I think that's what they should have done. If they did that, they would probably also have a new V8 to put in the GS.

They made a major mistake, and now many enthusiasts are going to walk out and go elsewhere for fun products.
"walk out" suggests that they were at lexus to begin with? They were not.
Old 10-05-11, 08:01 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Are you seriously saying you would not have been more excited if Lexus had instead of the LFA, launched a 911 beater priced at GTR level?

I think that's what they should have done. If they did that, they would probably also have a new V8 to put in the GS.

They made a major mistake, and now many enthusiasts are going to walk out and go elsewhere for fun products.
Yes, they made a major mistake by building the greatest car ever from Asia. I love the LFA and if a cheaper model is coming/would have came that would have been cool too for example the R8 while not as brilliantly built is still utterly superb. If the LFA had a German badge some people would proclaim it is here to save us all.

I'm not one to want dumbed down products and have low expectations. I am happy Lexus had the ***** to stick out the LFA project for 10 years when everyone told them no. I am happy they did NOT just settle for a price or for average, instead they presented to the world the best the company could build. The car has been raved as one of the all time greats, no short feat from a brand best known for comfort.

We are both veering off course though from the 5 series hybrid. I wonder how much it will weigh, 6000 lbs

Old 10-05-11, 08:27 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
We are both veering off course though from the 5 series hybrid. I wonder how much it will weigh, 6000 lbs
No point talking about that car. It's a waste of time. Buying a hybrid from BMW is like buying a city car from Aston Martin. It's for dumb people who are obsessed with image.

The only good contenders in the hybrid segment are lexus and infiniti. Maybe VW when the A6 hybrid comes out (they did a good job with the Touareg).