Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package smashes Nordschliefe production record with 7:14 lap

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-11, 11:58 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations to Lexus for this achievement. The team really worked hard to achieve this accomplishment.
Old 09-02-11, 12:00 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

yikes... LFA beats record on nuerburgring will definitively stir some feelings.

:-)

so... LFA not fast enough? haha.
Old 09-02-11, 12:43 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Good news for Lexus......but sadly, 99% of us can't afford one...
Old 09-02-11, 01:04 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

The top down marketing design for their performance arm has been kicked off, for those thinking more F cars are not coming think again.
Old 09-02-11, 01:20 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm betting the new IS-F will be just as good, if not better around a track than the Almighty M3. Mark my words, I'm betting it now. Just because of the dynamics and handling aspects learned from the LFA. Such an awesome time, and even on tires deemed 'inferior' to the Michellin and Pirelli offerings on cars around it's class.
Old 09-02-11, 01:28 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is hands down the most exciting news that Lexus has given us in a couple of years. This is something Lexus owners can point to and really be proud of, knowing that some of the suspension design characteristics that make the LFA a beast on the track should (eventually) trickle down into the lineup.

Amazing feat!
Old 09-02-11, 01:39 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Originally Posted by TF109B
I'm betting the new IS-F will be just as good, if not better around a track than the Almighty M3. Mark my words, I'm betting it now. Just because of the dynamics and handling aspects learned from the LFA. Such an awesome time, and even on tires deemed 'inferior' to the Michellin and Pirelli offerings on cars around it's class.
Picture having the ability to own an M \ AMG \ RS car you did not have to worry about owning outside the factory warranty...... Lexus, deliver it
Old 09-02-11, 02:02 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Mr. Lida - San has set this record on the full Nordschleife during a customer meeting with LF-A buyers held on wednesday 01.09. and thursday 02.09.2011.

The news was brought to Mr. Tanahashi - San ( chief engineer LF-A project ) during the wednesday evening diner and he was delighted but said they had to wait till the record time was approved officially.

The video with driver Lida-San is indeed part of the circuit as every LF-A customer was able to join one of the drivers for a quick lap on the track. Therefor it was during this time not possible to do a full lap as the cars had to go thru the pit. My best guess is that about 250 meters track was closed to organize this pit lane stop action.

During the record setting the full track was open.

From own experience I can say that sitting along side one of these drivers is quite interesting to say the least.
The driver is well concentrated but also in a way relaxed. The LF-A feels very safe and stable sliding gently thru the curves with a speed you can not imagine sitting in the car yourself.

Im not much of a driver and more a enduro motorbike person but going thru a certain set of curves with 155 Km/h was quite fast for me. Sitting along side Mr. Lida - San going thru the same set of curves with 230 + Km/h was a eye opener.

The LF-A's attending; 1 yellow, 1 silver, 1 white, 2 blue, 2 orange ( one with roll cage ) and 1 rolling chassis wich was the most interesting.
lots of buthurt fans on the internet claiming Lexus was cheating, lol.

:-)
Old 09-02-11, 02:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

The car was completely stock on Potenza RE70 street tires. They are performance street tires. Lexus twitter confirmed, it was exactly in the same configuration that they will have to deliver to customers.
another important bit here.
Old 09-02-11, 02:11 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Haha yes, more bragging rights!

I know its nice to know that lexus did it using stock tires, but why doesn't a top of the line +400K super-car come with Michelin super sport tires? I doubt its because of cost...
Old 09-02-11, 02:17 PM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edgeucated
Haha yes, more bragging rights!

I know its nice to know that lexus did it using stock tires, but why doesn't a top of the line +400K super-car come with Michelin super sport tires? I doubt its because of cost...
Because these are cars that can be daily driven, those tires don't drive very well on other surfaces and varying weather conditions
Old 09-02-11, 04:41 PM
VegasIS300
Pole Position

Absolutely magnificent! Brings a tear to my eye.
Old 09-02-11, 04:45 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Absolutely amazing! So proud of the LFA!
Old 09-03-11, 12:55 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

This should only help sales, status, rep, etc. This is a good thing. I am so proud
Old 09-03-11, 05:30 AM
karasha
Lead Lap

I am so proud of Lexus... beyond words. So these will have to do:

On another note, I can't help but to think of Hiromu Naruse... Somewhere he is smiling like a proud father.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package smashes Nordschliefe production record with 7:14 lap