Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2011 Carlsson Mercedes-Benz S-Class W221

Old 07-28-11, 11:52 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default 2011 Carlsson Mercedes-Benz S-Class W221

Individual Design for the Luxury Sedan: Carlsson refines Mercedes S-Class

•Carlsson increases the performance up to 685 hp
•Aerodynamic package emphasizes dynamic appearance
•Carlsson interior for exclusive luxury

In the premium segment, the S-Class has been setting the standard for generations. The automobile manufacturer Carlsson offers with its Carlsson S-Class (type W/V 221) additional sportiness, individuality, and luxury.

Definite proof of the sportive claim of the German manufacturer, who is also recognised by the German Federal Bureau of Motor Vehicles, is the increased performance. The 12-cylinder bi-turbo of the top version in the S 600 L now impresses with 600 hp (441kW) instead of the standard 517 hp (380 kW). Its maximum torque is electronically limited to 1024 Newton metres. This increase in power is the result of an optimised engine management approach together with the sports air filter and the sport exhaust system. The tremendous accelerating power brings the Carlsson S-Class in 4.3 seconds from 0 to 100 kph (series: 4.6 seconds) up to the top speed, which is limited to 320 kph. This performance gain is the result of lavish test cycles and many years of experience with the engine of the manufacturer from Stuttgart. The performance enhancement including the sport exhaust system is available for the S 600 L for 4997 Euro including all applicable taxes.

Further performance enhancements are available for 6-, 8-, and 12-cylinder engines as well as for Diesel engines. The top model based on the S 63 AMG allows up to 685 hp (504 kW). The supportive measures for the engine's performance is accompanied by the aerodynamic package RS consisting of components, which fulfil the highest standards. The front apron and the front spoiler lip not only offer a sporty appearance but also generate additional downforce, which results in an increased tread pressure and therefore more road adhension. Meanwhile the front sparkles with its elegant Carlsson logo on the bonnet and its characteristic grille inserts made of electro-polished stainless steel. The side of the Mercedes appears more dynamic and powerful thanks to the new set of side skirts for the model with long wheelbase.

Four additional headlight (fog lights and high beams) as well as vertically integrated LED daytime running lights ensure for safety on the road by day and night. The rear of the S-Class is completed with its rear apron, crowned with a sporty rear spoiler. The visual promise of the new aerodynamic package is kept by the intelligent lowering kit, Carlsson C-Tronic SUSPENSION for vehicles with AIRMATIC or ABC suspension system. Thanks to its data link the system communicates with the on-board electronics and detects within milliseconds the road condition and the driver's personal handling of the vehicle. The system lowers the car by up to 30 millimetres and adjusts the suspension according to the detected parameters in order to maintain an optimum cornering performance, while at the same time providing the highest degree of comfort. The C-Tronic is available for only 1178 Euro and outperforms even the Active Body Control suspension system by Mercedes-Benz.

High-performance tyres from Dunlop (255/35 front and 275/35 ZR 20 rear) provide contact with the road and cover the elegant 20 inch light alloy wheels 1/10 Brilliant Edition (complete wheel set in 19 inch already available from 3583 Euro).

The refinement of the interior promises a high degree of luxury. Exactly according to customer requirement, the in-house upholsterer at Gut Wiesenhof transform the cockpit to fulfil individual wishes just like ordering a tailored suit. The basic package for 5290 Euro includes leather on both front seats, the rear seat bench including all head rests and all four door panels. The customer chooses the colour of the leather , the stitching, and the piping at no extra cost. The Carlsson logo is embossed into the headrests and can be found as a blue illuminated signature in the door sill. The logo also emphases the refinement on the aluminium pedals and footrest.

The experienced upholsterers provide the pigmented leather, which offers the haptics of a fine leather glove, for the dashboard, the steering wheel and the middle arm rest as an option.

With the improvement of the S Class Carlsson emphasises again its authority in the refinement of Mercedes-Benz vehicles. The flagship of the Stuttgart product line is being refined at Gut Wiesenhof in all aspects: sportiness, exclusivity and luxury
*source
http://www.tuningnews.net/article/11...-s-class-2011/
Old 07-28-11, 11:53 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So it's just an S-class with "Carlsson" written everywhere.
Old 07-28-11, 12:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

and body kits and bunch of other stuff?

the w221 facelift really makes the car
Old 07-28-11, 12:20 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Yep , post-facelift, I'd have taken the S-class over the LS , with the AMG kit of course, and no need for this Carlsson stuff ...
Old 07-28-11, 01:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Yep , post-facelift, I'd have taken the S-class over the LS , with the AMG kit of course, and no need for this Carlsson stuff ...
yes, we think the same again, andrew. before facelift, i never liked the w221, i still don't like it. doesn't look right, too soft or something. the facelift makes the car more handsome and elegant, great great job. i wouldn't pick the pre-facelift over ls460, but i would pick the facelift over ls460 (07-09). now the ls460 facelift, sorry but i don't like pretty much most of what they did. maybe the front grille on the 460, but nothing else
Old 07-28-11, 01:37 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If were to get a S, I'd either do Brabus or Renntech. Kleeman and Carlsson never eally seemed to impress me.
Old 07-28-11, 04:00 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate how all those after market tuners always go with the ricer lowering instead of a proper lowering. They all have that perpetual heavy braking effect.
Old 07-28-11, 04:04 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

The stock S class with the amg sport body kit is really just the perfect blend of elegance and sport. If only I had the money. The interior is a bit meh to me, but otherwise a car with a lot of presence
Old 07-28-11, 04:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RXSF
The stock S class with the amg sport body kit is really just the perfect blend of elegance and sport. If only I had the money. The interior is a bit meh to me, but otherwise a car with a lot of presence
give it another 3 yrs and the car will be in 40s (low 40s probably)
Old 07-28-11, 05:02 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Man its 07's online listed at 60k+.
Old 07-28-11, 05:03 PM
LexFather

S-class really actually aged very well. This isn't too wild, not bad stuff.

Old 07-28-11, 06:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Man its 07's online listed at 60k+.
that's just listing price, a lot of them can't be sold at all. i have been looking at s550 prices for a while. quite a few s550 with avg mileage (meaning around 50k miles by now) goes for low to mid 40s. plus by 2014-2015, the new s class will be out and the current s class will take another dump on price
Old 07-28-11, 06:50 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
that's just listing price, a lot of them can't be sold at all. i have been looking at s550 prices for a while. quite a few s550 with avg mileage (meaning around 50k miles by now) goes for low to mid 40s. plus by 2014-2015, the new s class will be out and the current s class will take another dump on price
I've had my eyes on S550's for some time now as well. I still haven't came across the one that's in excellent condition and has reasonable amount of miles for a good price.
Old 07-28-11, 09:36 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
give it another 3 yrs and the car will be in 40s (low 40s probably)
but 3 years from now, I'll want the W222
Old 07-28-11, 11:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
I've had my eyes on S550's for some time now as well. I still haven't came across the one that's in excellent condition and has reasonable amount of miles for a good price.
maybe you should look outside of FL then. they all have high asking price, but they never sell. those really sold (i am talking about private parties), they are quite a bit lower. of course if you go for cpo, you are going to get grilled

Originally Posted by RXSF
but 3 years from now, I'll want the W222
lol, i KNOW what you mean

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Carlsson Mercedes-Benz S-Class W221