Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Kyle Bush speeding in Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11, 09:58 PM
Marzabella
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Kyle Bush speeding in Lexus?

More than 200kmh on public road in Lexus ‘toy'

A top American racing driver has been booked doing almost three times the speed limit on a public road yet may escape with just a two-month loss of his licence.

NASCAR star Kyle Busch was caught this week driving at 128mph – or almost 206kmh – in a 45mph (72.4kmh) zone in the heart of American stock car racing country at Mooresville near Charlotte, North Carolina.

Toyota-sponsored Busch, 26, is running third this year in NASCAR's premier series, the Sprint Cup. He was at the wheel of a test version of what will be next year's model of a Lexus sports car.

Busch is reported to have told Sgt Chris Stone of the Iredell County Sheriff's office that the Lexus was "just a toy".

The car was carrying a North Carolina dealer tag and Busch's wife Samantha was with him.

He has been charged with speeding "carelessly and heedlessly in willful and wanton disregard of the rights and safety of others".

"I got carried away," Busch said. "I went beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road. I apologise to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment.

"I take responsibility for my actions and I can assure you that something like this will never happen again."

A controversial figure from Las Vegas but based in Charlotte, Busch won't miss any racing even if – or when – he loses his licence, as NASCAR does not require its competitors to have valid road licences.

Busch races in the Sprint Cup for Joe Gibbs Racing's Toyota team.

He also races in NASCAR's second-tier Nationwide Series and fields and drives his own entries in its third-tier series for pick-up trucks – and last weekend entered 2007 Formula One world champion Kimi Raikkonen, who finished 15th in a field of more than 30 "trucks" on his debut.

Busch is to appear in Iredell County Court in Statesville on July 20. If convicted on charges of speeding and reckless driving he faces nothing more than losing his licence for 60 days.

He has a prior speed conviction. In 2008 he was booked for going 55mph in a 35mph zone, which was reduced to a charge of going 44 mph and he paid a $136 fine.

Read the latest Carsales Network news and reviews on your mobile, iPhone or PDA at carsales' mobile site.
Published : Thursday, 26 May 2011

Anyone know what it was?

Last edited by Marzabella; 05-25-11 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-25-11, 10:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

lfa. already in lfa forum

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lfa...n-an-lf-a.html